Internet Safety For Kids

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just keep having talks with your kids, besides looking for good programs. There rally isn't a lot you can do other than teach them the Do's and Do Not's. There are ways around everything and if they insist on being rebellious, take away all computer privileges. Period. Stress that yu are doing this for their safety, get a school cousellor involved or find a local program that has a live discussion about it and see what happens. Aside from the whining you'll have to put up with, it's a small price to pay for the lives of your kids.

Just keep having talks with your kids, besides looking for good programs. There rally isn't a lot you can do other than teach them the Do's and Do Not's. There are ways around everything and if they insist on being rebellious, take away all computer privileges. Period. Stress that yu are doing this for their safety, get a school cousellor involved or find a local program that has a live discussion about it and see what happens. Aside from the whining you'll have to put up with, it's a small price to pay for the lives of your kids.
nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg
I would bet vast sums of money on this proposition, too.I would NOT bet my daughter's life on it.
You non-parents are missing a key thing here: they were warned not to do certain things on the internet, and she blatantly ignored her parents' wishes/demands.That alone is enough to have all phone and internet privileges removed, and to put more strict surveillance software on the PC. Trust is earned. If you betray it, you go back to square one and rebuild it.And yes, there is the definite danger of driving the activity further underground to an even less-monitored situation, and OP needs to think about that. It's a tough line to walk.
Trust your gut OP.
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I guess I missed this when somebody bumped it. I haven't been in OT much since that one guy stopped posting in that one thread. Everything checked out by the way according to my detective friend so we didn't end up buying any software. Just retalking to the kids. Now she does have a boyfriend here in town and all I have to worry about is him. :club: