PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)SB ($41.05)BB ($50)UTG ($48.75)MP ($50.75)CO ($54.30)Hero ($85.05)Preflop: Hero is Button with 8h, Ks. 1 fold, MP raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds.Flop: ($4.75) 7d, 8s, Kh (2 players)MP bets $3.25, Hero raises to $9, MP calls $5.75.Turn: ($22.75) 7h (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $15, MP calls $15.River: ($52.75) 3d (2 players)MP checks, Hero ?No reads, this is villain's 4th hand on table. Is this a clear push to get value from kings?

Fold preflop.As played shove river.
Yup.He might find a call with AK or KQ.

Yeah why call preflop, especially with no reads? I don't mind opening w/ K9 since at least you can make a str8, but calling w/ K8o?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.comFlopTurnRiver.com (Format: Plain Text)SB ($41.05)BB ($50)UTG ($48.75)MP ($50.75)CO ($54.30)Hero ($85.05)Preflop: Hero is Button with 8h, Ks. 1 fold, MP raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds.Flop: ($4.75) 7d, 8s, Kh (2 players)MP bets $3.25, Hero raises to $9, MP calls $5.75.Turn: ($22.75) 7h (2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $15, MP calls $15.River: ($52.75) 3d (2 players)MP checks, Hero ?No reads, this is villain's 4th hand on table. Is this a clear push to get value from kings?
Don't call 4x BB with K8 even from the button. When he checks turn and river, I'm potting the turn and shoving the river.

I should have noted in the post to ignore my preflop play. I was playing something like 40/6 for an hour yesterday to try and just purely play postflop (basically raising if I was first in, but flat calling in position a lot and trying to steal pots postflop). I ended the session down a buy-in over 4 tables, but it served its purpose. I'm thinking of moving down to 25NL and trying to play ~ 50/45 and adapting to bigger pots postflop.Anyways, range of hands you put villain on (calling range + folding range), just for my own affirmation? A friends whose play I respect and myself had differing opinions about this. Thanks for the responses.

I should have noted in the post to ignore my preflop play. I was playing something like 40/6 for an hour yesterday to try and just purely play postflop (basically raising if I was first in, but flat calling in position a lot and trying to steal pots postflop). I ended the session down a buy-in over 4 tables, but it served its purpose. I'm thinking of moving down to 25NL and trying to play ~ 50/45 and adapting to bigger pots postflop.Anyways, range of hands you put villain on (calling range + folding range), just for my own affirmation? A friends whose play I respect and myself had differing opinions about this. Thanks for the responses.
Basically, it's ALWAYS awful to flat call a raise even in position with a completely garbage RIO hand. Even if you're trying to play postflop. You don't need to practice your postflop play in position with this hand because when you're seriously playing you'll never play this hand.Oh, and if you play 50/45 over a long period of time you can expect to lose a lot of money. I really do not think its possible to be profitable playing that loose even if you are super aggressive.
Basically, it's ALWAYS awful to flat call a raise even in position with a completely garbage RIO hand. Even if you're trying to play postflop. You don't need to practice your postflop play in position with this hand because when you're seriously playing you'll never play this hand.Oh, and if you play 50/45 over a long period of time you can expect to lose a lot of money. I really do not think its possible to be profitable playing that loose even if you are super aggressive.
I have no doubt that it's unprofitable. I'm hoping that it will help change my postflop play for the better, since I feel one of my major weaknesses is playing the turn and river. I'm rolled for 100NL but haven't moved up because I think my postflop play isn't strong enough. I feel like I'm a winning player at 50NL, but that most of money is from good preflop play, and not good aggressive play from the turn onwards. I'm trying to correct that by playing situations and my opponents rather than my cards, and then implementing it back into my TAG strategy. If anyone has any advice, I'd be glad to hear it.