Letter I Just Wrote To Support@pokerstars.com

In Pokerstars own words, "The Biggest Sunday Million In History" pays less than 300k to first with a prize pool of almost $3,000,000. This is unacceptable. I can go play a live 10k buyin event with the same or greater prize pool, with a much smaller field of players to wade through, and be guaranteed AT LEAST three times the 300k payout up for grabs today.You guys seriously need to get your act together with your payout structures. All of the regular players, all of the poker forums, etc all feel the same way. You are the biggest and best poker site on Earth yet you pay out only 11% of a $3,000,000 prize pool on a big Sunday. We know you guys are trying to recycle the rake by paying more spots and honestly it's greedy, unethical, and unfair to the players who do this for a living.I know you are getting a lot of these e-mails lately so please, fix your payout structures so they are in line with industry standards. Pokerstars is making millions and millions of dollars a week because of your players, please treat us better and give us the payout structures we deserve.Greed will do nothing but make your loyal players play elsewhere or even discontinue playing online period.Hub Dub 04I am fed up with this. I have to try and wade through over 14,000 players only to be paid less than $300,000. Just plain and simply unacceptable imo.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realize that paying out a ton of spots rather than making a huge first place prize is better for poker right? A bunch of fish turning $2 into $283 is way better for poker than adding 50k to a first place prize that is just going to get cashed out.

BTW, I'm not saying that for those of us that actually make a living off this that the payout isn't retarded. I'm just saying for the overall health of the community, allowing fish to think they are winning players, is pretty damn good.

BTW, I'm not saying that for those of us that actually make a living off this that the payout isn't retarded. I'm just saying for the overall health of the community, allowing fish to think they are winning players, is pretty damn good.
I understand that if we didn't have fish playing, none of us would make nearly as much money, but seriously, the fish will still play in the Sunday Million regardless of the payout structure. Most don't even understand how payout structures work or even look at them when they register for tournaments anyways.The payout structure is the way it is because of greed and them wanting to recycle the rake. Nothing more, nothing less.
I understand that if we didn't have fish playing, none of us would make nearly as much money, but seriously, the fish will still play in the Sunday Million regardless of the payout structure. Most don't even understand how payout structures work or even look at them when they register for tournaments anyways.The payout structure is the way it is because of greed and them wanting to recycle the rake. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, but here, we have the same goals as Pokerstars. Them making more money with fish playing should result in us making more money long term. FWIW, my point isn't about the fish playing future Sunday millions. I want them to show up at my cash table tomorrow, lose their entire roll and then think about how cloooooooooose they were to winning 300k in the Million and deposit again.
14181 registered for the 2 mill2142 pay649-2142 receive $283.62.... uh????
lol thats pretty ghay why not just pay the top 1400 ppl ? i play these to get lucky one day and cash big not to make it in the money once in a while

LOL tourney donks. ty in advance for bringing the meager winnings these sites dole out to you over to the cash games. ;)Mark

Of course a tournament like this is going to have a very flat payout structure as it's in both Poker Star's and the vast majority of players' interests for it to be very flat and not top heavy.

Seriously.Anyone who thinks this payout structure is good/standard is a complete idiot.

Agreed the $283 for 1500 spots is completely retarded. It's similar to the 100k's current one.Top prize %age etc is quite normal for stars huge fields (it's 10% in the 100k, 12% in $3R) so I guess I'm used to that.

You're not gonna win anyway.And there's almost always a deal at the FT anyway.
You playing in any of the Sunday Majors?
Oh, good one.
Kinda what I figured.

I honestly don't get the big deal..........the prize structure sucks. I'm not gonna win 300k and then be pissed that I "feel" I should have received 50k more.

You're not gonna win anyway.And there's almost always a deal at the FT anyway.
That's what I was thinking.I get that the first level payouts being just over the buy in is really retarded, but I don't get why having a smaller first prize is bad. I mean I don't see how it massively reduces a good player's ROI at all, because surely a good player would just adjust his strategy to the payouts and win the same amound anyway? Having a flatter structure just lowers the variance, I don't see how it lowers the ROI of good players, given how much luck is involved late on.
Kinda what I figured.
LOL. There's people who play tournaments, and people who don't. I fall in the latter. I'm sure I could play in all of them next week with a last longer in all of them with you if you'd be interested.EDIT - With that said, I wouldn't be interested because 1. tournaments make me want to kill someone and 2. I'd rather play cash.

I think if you look at the payout structure a little deeper you might see its really not that bad for tourney of this size. top 117 spots are guaranteed close to 4k. 11% isnt out of the ordinary for a tourney of this size. If 15% of the field makes the money wouldnt you like to see the vast majority of them be a min cash?