4th hand at table.280 behind, Villain has me covered.Dealt K :5c Q :D (button). Folds to me, raise to $10. SB folds, Villain Calls.Flop K :4h 2 :D 8 :D Checks to me, I raise $20, Villain calls.Turn: 2 :ts Check CheckRiver: 8 :spade:Villain shoves. Hero..?And I know I prob could've played this better so don't destroy me :club:

Bet the turn. If you were good on the flop you're still good on the turn. Fold the river. I don't think he's doing this with a hand you beat and even if you did induce a bluff on the turn by checking it, since he is betting ~$220 into a $63 pot you definitely don't have odds to call.

Bet the turn. If you were good on the flop you're still good on the turn. Fold the river. I don't think he's doing this with a hand you beat and even if you did induce a bluff on the turn by checking it, since he is betting ~$220 into a $63 pot you definitely don't have odds to call.
If the hero thinks this is a bluff more than not, he has odds to call even if there's an just an expired Arby's coupon in the pot. I'm inclined to let him have it, though. The villain read Sklansky's book and thinks this is the way to play an 88822 or 2222x.
And I think the turn check is OK. The board is as dry as Acid Knight's back yard.
Weeeeeee for Topical humor.
4th hand at table.280 behind, Villain has me covered.Dealt K :5c Q :D (button). Folds to me, raise to $10. SB folds, Villain Calls.Flop K :4h 2 :D 8 :D Checks to me, I raise $20, Villain calls.Turn: 2 :ts Check CheckRiver: 8 :spade:Villain shoves. Hero..?And I know I prob could've played this better so don't destroy me :club:
you BET on the flop, BTWI bet the turn alwaysyou prob have to fold the river unless you know the villain is an idiot

only a retard bluff shoves here. It's a kamikazee play and one you that can capitalize on... just not now. foldand dont raise 5X... just a personal thing. Whenever anyone raises more than 3x i get queezy and whenever anyone raises more than 4x i vomit a little in my mouth... unless its shove time in stts.

LOL BTWPlay money / $2/$4 NL and jokes. You got it all.
Every BaseJester post delivers. Do I remember that he recommended raising from the BB instead of the BTN so you can bluff at the pot first on the flop? :club:
and dont raise 5X... just a personal thing. Whenever anyone raises more than 3x i get queezy and whenever anyone raises more than 4x i vomit a little in my mouth... unless its shove time in stts.
In 1/2 NL LIVE, 3x bb preflop is nothing... you raise between 7 and 12 mostly, at least in my experience
and dont raise 5X... just a personal thing. Whenever anyone raises more than 3x i get queezy and whenever anyone raises more than 4x i vomit a little in my mouth... unless its shove time in stts.
In 1/2 NL LIVE, 3x bb preflop is nothing... you raise between 7 and 12 mostly, at least in my experience
Almost every live table has its own set of "rules"
Almost every live table has its own set of "rules"
^^^^^And some reads/background would be nice. Competent? Idiot?Agreed to most, no need to risk it all here without a reason. I generally give the regular bad live player no respect when they shove after I check but once again reads needed.
If the hero thinks this is a bluff more than not, he has odds to call even if there's an just an expired Arby's coupon in the pot.I'm inclined to let him have it, though. The villain read Sklansky's book and thinks this is the way to play an 88822 or 2222x.
This is incorrect. If hero thinks this is a bluff x% of the time then the percentage of the total pot he has to call to win must be equal or less than x for it to be profitable to call.
If the hero thinks this is a bluff more than not, he has odds to call even if there's an just an expired Arby's coupon in the pot. I'm inclined to let him have it, though. The villain read Sklansky's book and thinks this is the way to play an 88822 or 2222x.
This is incorrect. If hero thinks this is a bluff x% of the time then the percentage of the total pot he has to call to win must be equal or less than x for it to be profitable to call.
What I'm saying is just a special case of your fancy-pants algebra. With 0 in the pot before he bluffs, x=50 is the break-even point. For any pot size, x>50 calls win $ from the bluffer (ignoring splits, which seems pretty safe in this case.)
What I'm saying is just a special case of your fancy-pants algebra. With 0 in the pot before he bluffs, x=50 is the break-even point. For any pot size, x>50 calls win $ from the bluffer (ignoring splits, which seems pretty safe in this case.)
Ah, I understand. Since we are getting 1:1 even if there is no money in the pot.
Ah, I understand. Since we are getting 1:1 even if there is no money in the pot.
Exactly. When some clown stops you on the street and says, "I'll bet you $100 my pet iguana has a bigger dick than you", you don't pass it up because he won't lay odds.