Annie Duke On Pokerroad Radio

Haralabob and Huff took her apart on BPS as well which as always was hillarious, there's also a massive thread about her an UB on 2+2 as well but i'm not entirely sure what it's all about. Goin to listen to this now

Cliff notes of interview?

Cliff notes of interview?
uhhhhAll sites have security issues...which somehow related to the stock market....TBH i couldn't listen to the whole thing it was too painful.
uhhhhAll sites have security issues...which somehow related to the stock market....TBH i couldn't listen to the whole thing it was too painful.
Just horrible, but you need to listen to her double-speak and moronic points. For example: trying to claim that because people cheat in the Stock Market UB isn't too bad.

Amazing. She claims that she stayed with the "Brand" because the COO is a "really nice guy" and that she insisted that she have input to the Security Procedures. LOL Annie Duke is a consultant to UB regarding Security Procedures.Well THAT'S comforting

...then she admits that she doesn't play on line much and isn't really an on-line expert. Sort of takes away the credibility of being a good security consultant.Then get this...The interviewer asked her if she knew of any "Name" poker players who are going to wind up being associated with the scandal. She dodged the question, but in doing so basically admitted that the rumors are true. She said that the insider person who is leaking the information on 2+2 wasn't some benevolent "whistle blower". They "tried to blackmail the company". She understands that "they are posting information that people may be very interested in, I just don't want people to think that they are doing that out of the goodness of their heart because they are concerned about the industry"So she doesn't even claim that the information is not true. If someone had this information that she admits they were trying to use for Blackmail, then that sort of validates the information exists and had some perceived value.

Hey guys I just listened to pokerroad radio with Annie Duke as an interviewEEEEE and it was quite possibly the greatest unintentional comedy ever. She starts rambling on and on and on...Amazing UB has this person as there spokes person IMO, she got crushed.Annie Duke on Poker Road Radio
Actually its pretty good and gives a lot of information. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. More insightful than anything else out there.
Actually its pretty good and gives a lot of information. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. More insightful than anything else out there.
I really have to disagree.
lol... I hope you're joking.
lol... I hope you're joking.
Im not saying she doesn't let them get any questions in... thats pretty funny... but at least she gives information.
I really have to disagree.
She is terrible as a professional speaker... or even a spokesperson... but at least she gives people a better insight on stuff

She is completely inconsistent and makes no sense. She does more harm than help to "The Brand" by essentially confirming that the scandal was as bad as everyone thought and not giving ANY credible reasons why it won't happen again or why UB is a good trustworthy "Brand". The only positive thing she seems to say is that UB is being "transparent" to her in terms of how bad the scandal was and how the cheating occurred and that UB issued refunds.She ignores the fact that they would not have admitted anything nor issued any refunds if the Poker Community hadn’t insisted that they act. Once again, the Poker Community is forced to do the investigation and demand the action that the Sites should be doing themselves. When have we heard of a major scandal being caught by the company BEFORE it became a mega thread on some Poker Forum? Sure they have caught a couple of multi-account cheaters, but way too often they deny any problem until forced to admit the scandals.

What "stuff" specifically?
Reminds me of my sister... never lets anyone get a word in...Stuff = Actually helps explain the technical flaw in UB and what happened. Gives a decent timeline about what happened and who was involved. Gives a good explanation of interesting parts of the whole issue.. Lots of stuffYou have to be able to think quickly about what she is saying and piece it together, but its good stuffWow, but annoying
Reminds me of my sister... never lets anyone get a word in...Stuff = Actually helps explain the technical flaw in UB and what happened. Gives a decent timeline about what happened and who was involved. Gives a good explanation of interesting parts of the whole issue.. Lots of stuffYou have to be able to think quickly about what she is saying and piece it together, but its good stuffWow, but annoying
If you listen to her timeline and who was involved, it just doesn't make any sense. And then the conclusions she attempts to draw from her convoluted sotry just don't compute. If anything she left me feeling like what is known about this scandal is only the tip of the iceberg. It really undermined the sense of security that UB and the OLG Industry is trying to build. The relative ease of how the cheater infiltrated the security makes me expect that there are other scandals that went unreported or worse yet, haven't been caught. That more are to be expected including some Names being associated with the UB cheating.
If you listen to her timeline and who was involved, it just doesn't make any sense. And then the conclusions she attempts to draw from her convoluted sotry just don't compute. If anything she left me feeling like what is known about this scandal is only the tip of the iceberg. It really undermined the sense of security that UB and the OLG Industry is trying to build. The relative ease of how the cheater infiltrated the security makes me expect that there are other scandals that went unreported or worse yet, haven't been caught. That more are to be expected including some Names being associated with the UB cheating.
"If you listen to her timeline and who was involved, it just doesn't make any sense. And then the conclusions she attempts to draw from her convoluted sotry just don't compute." Like?Said you had think about it and piece together - And your right it is scary but also from a technical perspective, it required an inside man, and it can't simply be done on the outside by a common person. The data stream she refers to can only be accessed at the server and not on the outside. The only way it would be possible outside would be to tap the line the other person is getting their cards from.