Live 1/2 Nl Flop Bottom Two From Bb, Facing Shove

ReadsMP1 - girl who is a calling station, just looking to have funMP3 - guy who I've seen fold a Jack high flush on the river with no full house possible and only 3 cards to the flush on the board fairly aggressive, seen him raise A10 from second positionEffective stacks $110HandHero is dealt Q :D 9 :D 2 folds, MP1 Calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, CO calls, button folds, SB calls, Hero ChecksFlop A :club: Q :ts 9 :4h($10)Hero Checks, MP1 all in for $27, MP3 all in for $108, CO folds, SB folds, Hero ?

He raises A10 from second position but he didn't raise this hand. Did MP3 limp with big hands previously (specifically AK/AQ)? If not, then the only hand you can really concern yourself with is A9, J10 of diamonds or MAYBE 99 (obv rare in this case). If MP3 has also limped with big hands, then a fold could be argued, but considering effective stacks are so short I think I would go ahead and jam and pray he doesn't have J10 diamonds. Also if he's limping with something like AK or AJ and reraising to isolate the short stack with that draw heavy board, you're still ahead, you've just got to sweat it out. They are probably sharing outs though and as long as you win the side pot, you win. Really with such short effective stacks I would think that you just need to call regardless, but the true extent of nittiness of MP3 is unknown to me.

The only limping hands I could give him credit for at this point are 99 and A9. My initial read was that he limped with a weak ace, but then I wasn't sure whether he'd actually shove with a weak ace to isolate.My first instinct on my end was easy call, then I started thinking "i only have $2 invested, is it really an easy call" (maybe a bad way of looking at it). This hand was the longest I took on a decision all night at the table, I'm still kind of confused as to what the right play is.

The only limping hands I could give him credit for at this point are 99 and A9. My initial read was that he limped with a weak ace, but then I wasn't sure whether he'd actually shove with a weak ace to isolate.My first instinct on my end was easy call, then I started thinking "i only have $2 invested, is it really an easy call" (maybe a bad way of looking at it). This hand was the longest I took on a decision all night at the table, I'm still kind of confused as to what the right play is.
The mindset "only XXX invested" is a bad one, get away from it. We're looking to maximize our profits in every hand, and take every +EV situation.
The mindset "only XXX invested" is a bad one, get away from it. We're looking to maximize our profits in every hand, and take every +EV situation.
I know this, the confusion in the hand let the thought enter my head though
MP3 - guy who I've seen fold a Jack high flush on the river with no full house possible and only 3 cards to the flush on the board .... MP3 all in for $108, CO folds, SB folds, Hero ?
I never give nits actionNot only that, but you have two players in the pot against you, not one. Just dump it, there's other spots coming if they BOTH shoved with holdings that you can beat / fade the outs on ...