World Series Main Event Day 3 Thread

Bah gg Hoosier.Mark
:club:
Brag post OBV. I took about $150 off of him that session. Dont ask where the rest of my $$$$ went after you got up from the table.
lol. sorry man. But that was a tough table. sandwiched between PJ, some donks, and then that Spanish looking chick, who we then saw in the 10K event later that week! Who knew!!!... you could tell she was sort of better than average, but was also making some bad plays as well. She knew Jammer...Who was she anyway?
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best friend of a best friend? Are you saying your best friend doesn't consider you their best friend?
Lol. I guess it did kinda sound that way huh? This was his best friend from back east when he used to live there a few years back. That clear it up?
so sad .. hope this puts how un important poker can be some times some ppl bust out and others are blinded out for tragic reasons.When Poker Becomes UnimportantWe have at least two unclaimed stacks in the room today, one of which belongs to Vimy Ha. His chips reside at Table Blue 16, but he has not touched them today, and it is now clear that they will be unused for the duration of the Main Event.PokerNews received word today that Vimy's young niece and nephew, one and three years old, respectively, tragically drowned in their pool in Coppell, Texas yesterday evening. Vimy flew out from Las Vegas first thing this morning to be with his family, and he has not returned to play Day 3.Vimy Ha's overnight chip count was 190,600, and right now there are still 99,100 of them in front of his empty chair. With each round of play costing 8,100 chips, it is actually feasible that Ha could cash despite his absence, though that is no matter to him at the present.Every now and then, we receive an unfortunate reminder of what is really important in life, and poker is certainly not at the top of the list. PokerNews offers our sincerest condolences to Ha and his family.
:club: wow. totally missed this. SO tragic!wow.... :ts

gg steinThe player on the button was first into the pot, and he raised it up to 15,000. Next was Alex Kostritsyn in the small blind, and he re-raised to 55,000. The big blind, not to be outdone, moved all in for 275,000, enough to scare away the button. Kostritsyn was not so easily deterred though, with good reason. He had his man covered, and he snap called, showing {A-?} {A-?}. The big blind couldn't believe his luck, as he turned over the second-best {K-?} {K-?}.An ace spiked right on the flop, and Kostritsyn claims a victim. With that big pot, he has vaulted up to 840,000 chips.

While I wish I was good enough to be there, I'm really excited for my buddy who is sitting on $600k (roughly).He busted David Trinh earlier:Flop Kx Xx 10xTurn 10xTrinh pushed with AxKxSliwnski called with Kx10xBasically doubled up.He also felted Steve Zolotow earlier today.Looks like I might be getting a plane ticket to Vegas in a couple of week. :club:

good luck xtracey!!!funny to see Dag Martin Mikkelsen near the top going into Day 4. Must be nice to run good and accumulate a big stack at the ME back to back years.

just ended day 3 with 476,500 in chips :ts
Congrats!!! This name sounds familiar too!!! :club: Jon Turner Full Tilt Poker 726500 +339500

Oh man. This is from the Brokos blog:

After that I mostly just played good until the bubble, then dropped a brutal beat on some poor bastard named Mitch. We were hand for hand with 668 players left, I raised to 9K (at 1500/3000/400) UTG with 87s because this shorter stack was in the BB. He called, and we saw a Q87 flop. He lead out, I shoved, he called and flipped 77. I'm a sonofabitch and rivered an 8 to bubble him.
Since the 667th finisher got a buy-in for next year this was the real bubble boy. Ouch.