The Next Big Thing To Hit The Poker Scene!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I added mello on myspace and he sent me a message asking me if he knew me.I bullshitted about me hearing he is a great poker player and that I heard he gave lessons.He asked for my MSN address and my FT name. Do I go straight for the funny and confront himabout his terribly low ROI and horrific plays or do I let him try to scam me and report him?

And you can't tell me that you're not jealous of my photoshop mspaint skills!Also upgraded the pic with some mistletoe.
You've got mad skills, yo.Seriously though probably better than what I could do :club:

Call I Dare You is definitely a brand-new account, with OPR stats starting today. He's been playing $20ish turbo sngs and some tourneys today, so it's certainly possible that it's him. He has a big stack (11/500+) right now in the $32k that started at 8.

Call I Dare You is definitely a brand-new account, with OPR stats starting today. He's been playing $20ish turbo sngs and some tourneys today, so it's certainly possible that it's him. He has a big stack (11/500+) right now in the $32k that started at 8.
He's a big proponent of the most powerful play in poker: MP limp/call, c/c, bluff, bluff/fold.
He's a big proponent of the most powerful play in poker: MP limp/call, c/c, bluff, bluff/fold.
Dude - obvious metagame plays. He's like 6 levels of thought above any of us.
Dude - obvious metagame plays. He's like 6 levels of thought above any of us.
I used to think his hair was Bloomin' Onioned with some kind of ostentatious gel, but I now realize that it's some kind of lubricant to keep his massive brain from overheating.
Is anyone keeping stats on this shit? Every time I glance over at his table, he's limping out of position, and then calling a raise.
He likes to play all sorts of hands, like the pros. Tight donkey fish only play aces and kings, he plays any sort of connected or suited cards cuz he knows they can make flushes and straights.Like his cold re-re-shove with a ten high flush draw on that paired board? Thinking outside the box.
He likes to play all sorts of hands, like the pros. Tight donkey fish only play aces and kings, he plays any sort of connected or suited cards cuz he knows they can make flushes and straights.
Wait...so if you play a hand that's suited and connected, you can flop a big hand half the time, and then when the tight donkey fish move all-in for 14-times the pot to open the flop...Bam!? That's pretty clever, actually. There's not really a way to defend this, is there?

I really have to decipher his bankroll management plan. It sounds so simple on his site, but it must be on a higher level of awesome. Today he has played three $22 buy-ins, and $11 buy-in, two $6 buy-ins, a $3.50 and a $2.50.It must be a feel thing?

I really have to decipher his bankroll management plan. It sounds so simple on his site, but it must be on a higher level of awesome. Today he has played three $22 buy-ins, and $11 buy-in, two $6 buy-ins, a $3.50 and a $2.50.It must be a feel thing?
So...ballin'...can't cope...
Did he actually do that? Did he win?
Yeah I don't have the HH cuz I restarted my laptop, but it was very close to this:He has 10k, blinds 200/400. UTG min-raises (has him covered), he calls, BB calls. Flop 822, 2 clubs. Action went something like BB checks, UTG min-bets, lucky calls, BB makes it 1200, UTG makes it 4800, Mello shoves in for 10k and beats A2 with T9cc.

18/100 in the 32k gtd. Call I Dare You. Also looking for confirmation that this is definitely him.Jay has something good coming in a day or 2.Note: If it's not him it's somebody doing an impression of him (one of his students perhaps).Full Tilt Poker Game #7267525516: $32,000 Guarantee (54502173), Table 132 - 1000/2000 Ante 250 - No Limit Hold'em - 23:28:08 ET - 2008/07/17Seat 1: SinLaw (81,355)Seat 2: J DIBBLES (35,266)Seat 3: VMAN71 (47,643)Seat 4: Contenders (76,930)Seat 5: Call I Dare You (66,637)Seat 6: JMac227 (28,490)Seat 8: dmavs41 (100,395)Seat 9: PktAces67 (28,979)SinLaw antes 250J DIBBLES antes 250VMAN71 antes 250Contenders antes 250Call I Dare You antes 250JMac227 antes 250dmavs41 antes 250PktAces67 antes 250dmavs41 posts the small blind of 1,000PktAces67 posts the big blind of 2,000The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***SinLaw foldsJ DIBBLES foldsVMAN71 foldsContenders foldsCall I Dare You calls 2,000

I just logged on and he's in 8 out of 13 if that's him, which is just gay. Good thing he'll redistribute the money in a week or two even if he wins.As I type this, he doubled with KK calling a button's shove and is now 3/12.

I hope he takes it down. More money for him to donate to FCP and more balla hands we get to witness.

He finished in 7th for $950ish, if that's him. Definitely need confirmation.

He also said his FTP name is Call I Dare You
I tried rooting for him using retard-jersey-lol-speek for a minute, but he didn't respond. Could have had his observer chat off.
He finished in 7th for $950ish, if that's him. Definitely need confirmation.I tried rooting for him using retard-jersey-lol-speek for a minute, but he didn't respond. Could have had his observer chat off.
I watched him do the following things:Limp/fold several times.Limp/fold for 20k, the big stack overlimps IP, a shorty shoves for 59k, he INSTAFOLDS.I'm pretty sure I saw him minraise preflop from the SB into the big stack in the BB and fold to a min3 bet as well.Whoever it was, they sure were not a good poker player.Probably Mello.