I was under the impression that Phil busted out but he's still in the tourney and has over 50k.
he is still in, this was a pokernews update about half an hour ago ...The Real Phil Laak Please Stand UpAfter fooling everyone with a clever disguise on day one, the original Phil Laak is back today and he is in full flight as he lights up in the Tropical Room with the entertainment that we usually expect from this popular poker personality.In early action a late-position raiser made it 1,300 to go before Laak popped it to 3,100 from the big blind. They took a flop of and Laak led out for 5,000, which forced a fold from his opponent.Laak jumped out of his chair and exclaimed "Chemical Brothers is the best for good hands!" -- referring to the music he was listening to on his iPod. "For bad hands, it's Billy Joel!"The very next hand Laak raised it up again and everyone folded. He flashed pocket aces and yelled, "Yes! Another Chemical Brothers hand! Chemical Brothers, baby!"His voice is often the only noise you can hear in the Amazon Room and he now sits behind 53,000 chips.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your constructive input into the discussion. Next time try formulating a thoughtful response instead of just throwing out an insult.
you're original argument didn't merit constructive inputas for your follow up - chances are he enhanced the experience for everyonewhat's the fun of playing with hellmuth if he doesn't whine at you - that's what your paying your money foronly anal idiots like you want to watch chris ferguson sit for 9 hours - say nothing entertaining - and spend three minutes folding second pairall of the above was wasted I should have just said"You now have the two dumbest posts ever on this web site"
The reason why its not fair.. is because lets say there is someone at the table that has played countless number of hours and hands with Phil Laak.. Then Phil Laak may play a certain way against this player and they don't know who they are... It is the exact same thing as a superstar online player playing on a different acccount online. He may play a certain way towards a certain player and that player won't know how to respond. I truly can't believe that the WSOP floor didn't make him show his ID.. thats rediculous.
so how is this illegal or against any rules?why cant i change my screen name if i want?
you're original argument didn't merit constructive inputas for your follow up - chances are he enhanced the experience for everyonewhat's the fun of playing with hellmuth if he doesn't whine at you - that's what your paying your money foronly anal idiots like you want to watch chris ferguson sit for 9 hours - say nothing entertaining - and spend three minutes folding second pairall of the above was wasted I should have just said"You now have the two dumbest posts ever on this web site"
You're arguement? dude.
You're arguement? dude.
I'm your dyslexic - I switch them unconsciously - I totally know the rule but I always type the wrong thing - and believe me responding to that dude wasn't worth proofreading
What the hell is your problem? I make one small post expressing my opinion that I don't like stunts like the one Laak pulled and you proceed to throw insults at me for no good reason? Where the hell do you get off calling me an "anal idiot" and referring to my posts as the "dumbest posts ever?" Disrespectful prick.
What the hell is your problem? I make one small post expressing my opinion that I don't like stunts like the one Laak pulled and you proceed to throw insults at me for no good reason? Where the hell do you get off calling me an "anal idiot" and referring to my posts as the "dumbest posts ever?" Disrespectful prick.
Hey Mr.? Can we have our ball back?Being a stick in the mud is never been a fun thing to be.

Hey now, she's a legitimate actress and player in her own right!Edit:Oh, you said "stunt". Nevermind.

Respect is earned.
Respect is earned.
So you consider it appropriate behavior to insult someone for no reason because he hasn't "earned" your respect yet? If someone expresses an opinion you don't like just go ahead and call them names? Very mature.
So you consider it appropriate behavior to insult someone for no reason because he hasn't "earned" your respect yet? If someone expresses an opinion you don't like just go ahead and call them names? Very mature.
I haven't been paying attention......are all of your nearly 3,000 posts of this quality?
I haven't been paying attention......are all of your nearly 3,000 posts of this quality?
First, what is wrong with the quality of my post? Second, you're the one who chimed in to a discussion without actually paying attention to what was being discussed.What I find amazing about this whole exchange is that I make an innocent post expressing my opinion about something, I get insulted for absolutely no reason (I guess because some people don't know how to respond to people with whom they disagree without insults), and now I'm defending myself like I did something wrong. It's like I'm in some twilight zone, where idiotic childish behaviour is somehow the right way to interact with people.Here's an important life lesson: just because people disagree with you that doesn't make you right and them idiots. Or should I say "anal idiots."
First, what is wrong with the quality of my post? Second, you're the one who chimed in to a discussion without actually paying attention to what was being discussed.What I find amazing about this whole exchange is that I make an innocent post expressing my opinion about something, I get insulted for absolutely no reason (I guess because some people don't know how to respond to people with whom they disagree without insults), and now I'm defending myself like I did something wrong. It's like I'm in some twilight zone, where idiotic childish behaviour is somehow the right way to interact with people.Here's an important life lesson: just because people disagree with you that doesn't make you right and them idiots. Or should I say "anal idiots."
Your original opinion/post is quite naive. I think that's what all the fuss is about.
I never insulted you until you insulted me - I did however insult your post - innocent tho it may be - I stand behind my belief that it is the dumbest post ever in this forumSuccinctly - I've met Phil Laak - I smoked a joint and laughed my ass off with Phil Laak - Sir you are no Phil Laak!
I never insulted you until you insulted me - I did however insult your post - innocent tho it may be - I stand behind my belief that it is the dumbest post ever in this forum
Look back over the thread. You called my post the dumbest post ever (which is an insult), I pointed out that your response wasn't constructive, and you proceeded to call me an anal idiot.The bottom line is that when someone posts something that you disagree with, naive as it may be, responding "dumbest post ever" is simply pointless and disrespectful. I would never say that about someone else's post, but I guess that's just me.
Look back over the thread. You called my post the dumbest post ever (which is an insult), I pointed out that your response wasn't constructive, and you proceeded to call me an anal idiot.The bottom line is that when someone posts something that you disagree with, naive as it may be, responding "dumbest post ever" is simply pointless and disrespectful. I would never say that about someone else's post, but I guess that's just me.
But what if it truly is the dumbest post ever? - if that's truly the case then there really is no need to refute it or be constructive - you just award it the prize and move on