Home Game Trip Report

So this weekend being the 4th and all, it was time for the annual Independence Day home game thrown by a local celebrity (I can't reveal who). It's always a big game - big stakes, large turnout, lots of fish, and this was no exception. It's played at a huge house with a gorgeous above-ground pool out back. It's usually a fairly long structure, so I came prepared: beef jerky, granola bars, lots of water, Gatorade, etc. Here are the details:Buy-in: $5Participants: 11Starting stack: 1,500Starting level: 100-200Blinds: 15 minutesSo as you can see, this was a pretty serious tournament. The turnout was up 1 from last year (an even 10), so the last person had to be an alternate. We got right down to it, and right away I lost a chunk on a huge cooler. Third hand in, and I have AK, board comes 23578 rainbow. We both check it down until the river, when I value bet and get called by AA! I was down to about 600 after the hand, and steaming pretty bad, but I decided to focus and try and get back into it.Two hands later I double up with QQ vs T2 (donkey call! lolol!!!) and am back in the game. I decide to play typical solid TAG poker, and in the third level after knocking a couple people out, it's three way with the host and another guy who was probably 6'6" and 350 pounds. We had originally decided on winner-take-all, but after getting three handed, we decided on a chop. We agreed on $15 each, with the remaining $10 going to the eventual winner. I only had about 80% of the chips in play, so I felt like it was a pretty solid decision to chop it up.Fourth hand of three handed play, and the flop comes 666. We all end up all in, and all of us turn over pocket sixes!! (Later we realized that we all should have figured out five of a kind wasn't possible before even going all in, but we were all pretty drunk off peppermint schnapps at the time.) Anyway, the third guy accused us of colluding and trying to knock him out so we could split the leftover $10. I tried telling him it was just a dealer mistake, but he was pretty pissed off. I suggested going to the 7-11 next door and getting some change so we could just split up the $10 even, but he was really mad, and insisted that there was a rule that said he should get the $10. The host said we should just give him the $10. I gave in so that it wouldn't make a scene or anything.Anyway, the point of the thread is...was it fair to give the guy the $10, or should I have insisted on splitting it up?

picard-no-facepalm.jpg
It's usually a fairly long structure, so I came prepared: beef jerky, granola bars, lots of water, Gatorade, etc. Here are the details:Buy-in: $5Participants: 11Starting stack: 1,500Starting level: 100-200Blinds: 15 minutes
Does not compute.Unless I'm being leveled here.
Yay, someone figured out one of the threads I was spoofing!
hmmmm......ohyeah right!i liked the thread man....just dont say its loooooooooong!...becasue it wasnt
hmmmm......ohyeah right!i liked the thread man....just dont say its loooooooooong!...becasue it wasnt
It's what he tells his wife, so he is used to the lie!!