W S O P Main Event Trip Report

This update was also written for friends and family.All four days of Day 1 are now complete (the starting field is so large it is split into four groups, and then combined over the next 3 days). I made it through Day 1, and being an analytic, I have been studying the numbers and developing a plan. I cannot control what cards I am dealt but I need a framework within which to make decisions.Firstly, here are the numbers:

• Entrants – 6,844
  • Remaining players – 3,618 (53.8% of the starting field)
  • Average Chip Stack – 37,800
  • My chip stack – 15,925
  • My rank – 3,004

The blinds will start at 250 and 500 with an ante of 50, making the Cost per Round (CPR) 1,200 chips. That means I could survive a little over 13 rounds before going broke (an “M” of 13.3), so I am not desperate but I will have to look for reasonably strong hands and play them aggressively. I cannot play speculative hands like suited connectors or small pocket pairs. Every hand I play will be brought in with a raise hoping to win it right away or be prepared to play post-flop, hopefully in position. If my M falls below 10, I’ll have to look for opportunities to steal the pot, or even “re-steal” from an aggressive medium stack (never a big stack!).Obviously I hope to make it through the day, and with an above average chip stack. Assuming we lose the same percentage as we lost in Day 1, that would mean the average chip stack will be ~75,000 at the end of the day; not an unreasonable goal but a challenge. The CPR of the first round of Day 3 is 4,200, so I’d like to be above 42,000 to give me an M greater than 10.On the sleeping front, I decided to go and see a doctor on Saturday to help me get a full night sleep. I am having no difficulty getting to sleep, but I am waking up only four to five hours later. He gave me a prescription for Lunesta which has helped a little the first two nights; I still woke up briefly after five hours, but was able to go back to sleep for another 1.5 hours. Better but still not great. Hopefully I will get eight hours tonight.Comments and suggestions are welcome.Dreaming of good cards…

Bart, try Rozrem, it is a non-narcotic sleeping aid. My mother in law is a PA and gave me some samples. The one thing is, make sure you have a full 8-10 hours, because it will zonk you out.GL with Day 2.

Just Relax take you time and enjoy, you have done what a lot of pros havent and made Day 2 and you can take it down :club: But seriousley enjoy it :ts

Bart, try Rozrem, it is a non-narcotic sleeping aid. My mother in law is a PA and gave me some samples. The one thing is, make sure you have a full 8-10 hours, because it will zonk you out.GL with Day 2.
Careful though, you'll dream of Abe Lincoln.and GL.
i dont understand how you have 10k to buyin you some sort of male prostitute
Bart won a free entry to the main event after winning a WSOP circuit event event earlier this year. He has shown class and humility throughout the experience.Your intended "witty" comment just comes off sounding petty and shallow.
Bart won a free entry to the main event after winning a WSOP circuit event event earlier this year. He has shown class and humility throughout the experience.Your intended "witty" comment just comes off sounding petty and shallow.
qft
i dont understand how you have 10k to buyin you some sort of male prostitute
This is the guy who won a satellite I thought in Tunica...

GL, Funny on the sleep front. I'm closer to your age than most on here and I had the same experience in Vegas last March. I traveled from the East Coast and no matter what time I went to bed I sleep 4-5 hours then woke up and could not get back to sleep....The 20 year olds can't relate because they are out till 4am and ripped....easy to sleep till 9 in those conditions.

GL, Funny on the sleep front. I'm closer to your age than most on here and I had the same experience in Vegas last March. I traveled from the East Coast and no matter what time I went to bed I sleep 4-5 hours then woke up and could not get back to sleep....The 20 year olds can't relate because they are out till 4am and ripped....easy to sleep till 9 in those conditions.
Yep, another East Coaster with a sleeping problem but I tried to attribute mine to the all nite theme of Vegas. AmbienCR FTW!!!! Don't leave home without it. It puts Lunesta to shame AND you don't have the funky aftertaste all day.GO BART GO!!!! Play your game and bring another title to the South!!!

if i were to guess, this table would interest youJustin Phillips 44900 R16 01Minna Ritakorpi 24500 R16 02Bart Tichelman 15925 R16 03Herbie Montalbano 50400 R16 04Howard Connell 9600 R16 05Jason Bottoms 36650 R16 06Todd Pemberton 16950 R16 06Amanda Johnson 29850 R16 07William Dancy 9775 R16 08Fausto Cheli 34975 R16 09

best of luck to ya, i get into vegas for a short vacation tomorrow night. ill prob stop by the rio to rail a little, hopefully you will still be there.

best of luck to ya, i get into vegas for a short vacation tomorrow night. ill prob stop by the rio to rail a little, hopefully you will still be there.
Thnaks. I hope to still be playing tonight as well.I'll be starting at Red 16; they will start breaking that section first to free up the tables for cash games so it is unlikely I'll still be there at the dinner break.