** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

Can't we call guys up for the playoffs?
No. Once someone is called up at any time, that's it. Have you been cheating all these years?
I bet that's an AHL rule
Yup, they can be called up any time after Sunday and returned any time, and moved back and forth non-stop with no restriction, aside from roster sizes.

Zach vs Bob Mega Series Game #1Ottawa Limidonks:Hossa (OT), Elias, Lecavalier, Marchand, Pavelski, ThorntonLidstrom, Corvo, Seidenberg, VlasicNo GoaliesThe Big M'sToews (OT), Hartnell, Lecavalier, Kesler, Eriksson, HeatleyChara, Enstrom, Gilroy, WhitneyNo Goalies

I lost game 1 vs Bob, I think 4 to 3.5, but I'll get it officially when the AHL site updates in the morning.As for the Limidonks overall, we had a nice little late comeback, on the backs of Pavelski and Thornton in San Jose to pull out a win over the last place team, extending the win streak to 11. Combine that with a Golden Seals win over the league-leading Hurricanes, and we're just one point out of the division and league lead, sitting currently in 2nd place (4th playoff seeding).Big race for the first overall seed, because there's a 10-point gap between 7th and 8th. The number one seed should have a bit of a smoother first round, even though anything can happen, still. 5 teams are within 5 points of each other.

So, uh, assuming I win tonight, which I will, I have 13 games left. Only THREE are against playoff-bound opponents (although the Whalers could possibly get in). 3/13. I'm going to win the regular season. Actually, I have 2 games left vs Jay. Those will probably determine it. (sorry Dubey, Biatch, DannyG.)

I'm getting way ahead of myself, and jinxing everything, but IF I were to BEAT John's winning streak record, my 15th win would happen 3 years TO THE DAY that John's streak ended. TO THE DAY!

FCHL vs AHL Challenge:Sponsored by Subway's Five Dollar FootlongGame 1 - Thu, Feb 2: Limidonks 3.5 / Big M's 4.0Game 2 - Sat, Feb 4: Limidonks 5.0 / Big M's 5.5Game 3 - Tue, Feb 7: Limidonks 2.5 / Big M's 1.5Game 4 - Thu, Feb 9:Game 5 - Sat, Feb 11:Game 6 - Sun, Feb 12:Game 7 - Tue, Feb 14:Game 8 - Thu, Feb 16:Game 9 - Fri, Feb 17:Game 10 - Sat, Feb 18:Game 11 - Sun, Feb 19:Game 12 - Tue, Feb 21:Game 13 - Thu, Feb 23:Game 14 - Fri, Feb 24:Game 15 - Sat, Feb 25:Game 16 - Sun, Feb 26:Big M's lead series 2-1

So whats the equivalent of Moneymaker hitting 9s full against ivey? lupul with a hat trick in your final matchup with jay?
Heh. 21-4 in the last 25 games. This is more than just a hot streak now, I hope. :club:

Hesitating posting this because I think they probably add a Horqvist assist some time this week, but I just tied John's record of 14 wins in a row. If they add the assist, I tie. In any case, with a W or T, I move into 1st overall in the FCHL if Biatch holds on over Jay. With a T, Jay and I will be tied, but I have the first tiebreaker.

Apparently it's been a rule in the NHL for decades that all scores are final forever 24 hours after the game is played. It came up after it was pointed out in the media that Sam Gagner clearly should have had 7 points instead of 8 because one of his assists shouldn't have counted. Post-24 hours it stands no matter how right or wrong it may be. So you've got a 24 hour sweat, and then you're all good.

Having seen the goal, I don't understand how it was unassisted. It was like a shot and a rebound. It's just a matter of whether or not Hornqvist in front of the net hit it over to Erat or not. If he didn't, there's still a chance Suter would get an assist too. Don't get how it can be unassisted though.