** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

Rage.
Honestly Adam, I know very little about him, but figured if he was young, and you were tossing him out for a quarter, I'd at least try to make you pay 75 cents, LOL. Didn't think you'd let me have him for 50.Also, I saw his Dad play once in Minnesota; North Stars vs Jets.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

Honestly Adam, I know very little about him, but figured if he was young, and you were tossing him out for a quarter, I'd at least try to make you pay 75 cents, LOL. Didn't think you'd let me have him for 50.Also, I saw his Dad play once in Minnesota; North Stars vs Jets.
Yeah, there was a lot of that going around towards the end of the auction...lol. I let you have him for $.50 because there were still guys like McMillan and Nikitin and Braun that I still wanted, but unfortunately my $2 for 5 roster spots didn't get it done with any of them either. I'm terrible at auction strategy, really need to work out a good one for next time.

I think Brett Connolly is going to be this year's Jeff Skinner, who was last year's Tyler Myers, in terms of breakout performances from my farm squad. Strome is a candidate as well, but I don't see him sticking past his 9-game tryout. Somehow my farm is so good that PK Subban, and his 14 goals, 38 points last year doesn't even get mentioned as a breakout player of the year. :club: Oh, and Jordan Eberle led his team in scoring last year too.

Felt like breaking down my farm, using HockeyProspectus.com's top 107 prospects for 2011/12, which was released 2 weeks ago.http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1072Obviously this doesn't include players who have graduated to the NHL.NHL Regulars:Jeff Skinner (CAR)Jordan Eberle (EDM)Alex Burmistrov (WPG)PK Subban (MTL)Tyler Myers (BUF)Luca Sbisa (ANA)Part-time NHLers:Ian Cole (STL - 26 games last year)Jamie McGinn (SJS - 143 games over the last 3 seasons)Jan Mursak (DET - 19 NHL games year)Ranked Prospects:6. Ryan Strome (NYI)13. Brett Connolly (TBL)64. Erik Gudbranson (FLA)68. Simon Despres (PIT)69. Charlie Coyle (MIN)85. Jakob Silfverberg (OTT)103. Riley Sheahan (DET)106. Tom Kuhnhackl (PIT)================For the record, I'm bored as shit. God damn, I love my farm team!

With the opening rosters finally set today, the Limidonks' farm team will start the season in the NHL:1. Jeff Skinner (CAR)2. PK Subban (MTL)3. Tyler Myers (BUF)4. Jordan Eberle (EDM)5. Brett Connolly (TBL)6. Ryan Strome (NYI)7. Erik Gudbranson (FLA)8. Alexander Burmistrov (WPG)9. Luca Sbisa (ANA)10. Jamie McGinn (SJS)Also, Jan Mursak (DET) was a favorite to make the Red Wings opening day roster, but due to a training camp injury, will open the season on the IR.In case of injuries, early NHL call-ups include Ian Cole (STL), Simon Despres (PIT), Luca Caputi (TOR), Greg Nemisz (CGY), Max Sauve (BOS).In total, 17 of our 28 farm players could see NHL action this year. 9 others are in juniors, college, or playing professionally overseas, while 2 others are awful.

With the opening rosters finally set today, the Limidonks' farm team will start the season in the NHL:1. Jeff Skinner (CAR)2. PK Subban (MTL)3. Tyler Myers (BUF)4. Jordan Eberle (EDM)5. Brett Connolly (TBL)6. Ryan Strome (NYI)7. Erik Gudbranson (FLA)8. Alexander Burmistrov (WPG)9. Luca Sbisa (ANA)10. Jamie McGinn (SJS)Also, Jan Mursak (DET) was a favorite to make the Red Wings opening day roster, but due to a training camp injury, will open the season on the IR.In case of injuries, early NHL call-ups include Ian Cole (STL), Simon Despres (PIT), Luca Caputi (TOR), Greg Nemisz (CGY), Max Sauve (BOS).In total, 17 of our 28 farm players could see NHL action this year. 9 others are in juniors, college, or playing professionally overseas, while 2 others are awful.
I dont think Luca Caputi will play for the Leafs this year..I could be wrong.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was on the fence about including him. His injury last year probably ruined his chances. He had such a good camp and almost made the team, but then lost the whole season.

Your favorite FCHL team has opened the season with back to back wins, getting off to a nice little start.Gm 1: Win 0.5 - (-1.5) vs KC reserves; Would have tied, but Jeff screwed up his roster and played no-goalies. Lucky extra point.Gm 2. Win 4.0 - 3.5 @ Tulane Flyers; A Jordan Staal empty netter, assisted by Paul Martin late in the second to last game of the night gave us a come from behind victory here.

He played No Goalies and he had a set to use?
Yup. We do our lineups in Yahoo, and he didn't dress his only goalie set. I thought we decided that we'd be easy going about that, when there was only one goalie option and the owner forgot to dress them, but someone dug up a vote we had last year which was 13-0 in favor of it being the owner's responsibility to set their lineup correctly.
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats to Brett Connolly for officially making the Tampa Bay Lightning for the full season. Steve Yzerman confirmed Tuesday night that he would not be sending the 19 year old back to junior.He's been getting rave reviews despite having not hit the back of the net yet. He has picked up 2 assists so far early in his career, however.Now it's time to blow up, young man. I could still see him getting 30-40 points this year, especially if he sees time with Marty and Stammer, has he has from time to time already, especially in the pre-season.

Congrats to Erik Gudbranson for sticking with the Florida Panthers past the 9-game mark. He'll be playing his 9th game tonight in his hometown of Ottawa, and it was announced he'd be sticking around past that.The 2010 3rd overall pick in the NHL entry draft projects to be a rugged d-man with a booming shot. I'm thinking he could be a bit like Chris Pronger, but it'll take a bit of time for his offense to develop in the NHL.

Congrats to Erik Gudbranson for sticking with the Florida Panthers past the 9-game mark. He'll be playing his 9th game tonight in his hometown of Ottawa, and it was announced he'd be sticking around past that.The 2010 3rd overall pick in the NHL entry draft projects to be a rugged d-man with a booming shot. I'm thinking he could be a bit like Chris Pronger, but it'll take a bit of time for his offense to develop in the NHL.
Serge's theory of defenseman:Draft the great defensive dman when they are young. Since they are great hockey players, they will stick around and eventually become good offensive guys.There is a ton of examples of guys who didnt get to 40-50 pts until 4-6th year of their careers.But for every Chara you may run into a few Regehrs.

I currently have 3 guys on the farm scoring at a point per game pace or better early on this season:Jeff Skinner (9gp, 4g, 6a)Alex Burmistrov (9gp, 3g, 6a)Jordan Eberle (9gp, 2g, 7a)Not ideal goal to assist rations for the FCHL, but just as sure as they won't all continue with PPG seasons, that ration should tighten up as the season gos on.PK Subban and Tyler Myers are off to sub-par starts, by their standards, with 3 and 2 assists each, while Luca Sbisa also has 3 assists, but is trending upwards from his production last season.With Brett Connolly and Erik Gudranson each playing their 10th game of the season, the Limidonks look to have a really serious stable of full-time NHLers seasoning on the farm.Jamie McGinn should also be a regular this year, but his ceiling is like 12 points, so who cares?Ian Cole and Greg Nemisz should be among the first call-ups for their respective teams should injuries hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Trade Alert:Limidonks get:Vinny Lecavalier - F - TBL ($11.00)$8.75 in 11/12 cap KC Reserves get:2012 asdfjkl; 3rd round pickKent Huskins - D - STL ($1.00)Andrew Brunette - F - CHI ($1.75)