** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

Gameday - 12/4/2008Ottawa Limidonks (13-11-1)Forwards:Pavol DemitraMike KnubleJordan StaalDoug WeightMikael SamuelssonChuck KobasewDefense:Rob BlakeDennis SeidenbergDerek MorrisVille KoistinenGoalies:Buffalo SabresBench:Dainius ZubrusPetr SykoraJoffrey LupulMatt CullenDan PailleDavid Booth (inj.)Brett ClarkThe Blindsides (14-11-0)Forwards:Evgeni MalkinJoe ThorntonPatrick EliasMichael NylanderPhil KesselJason ArnottDefense:Ryan SuterZdeno CharaCraig RivetMatthew CarleGoalies:Pittsburgh PenguinsBench:n/a=================I really wanted to get Lupul in the lineup tonight, but I just couldn't make it work. Staal jumps into Sykora's spot because of how strong he plays against his brothers, exemplified by a goal against the Rangers last night.I'm obviously in trouble here, the B'Sides have won 10 of their last 11 and are rolling after a poor start. Will need a lot of help if I want to upset him tonight.

I hate when that happens..You are playing against Geno and Pens goalies..I dont know about you, but my Leaf allegiance comes ahead of Mustangs ownership..

I hate when that happens..You are playing against Geno and Pens goalies..I dont know about you, but my Leaf allegiance comes ahead of Mustangs ownership..
Ya, Pens allegiance comes first. If all goes well, it'll be Staal's hat trick, and 3 assists in a 6-5 win. :DI do try to be as non-homer as I can, though. If I was a real homer, Sykora and Staal would draw in every night, but they haven't. I've even benched both of them at times.

Oops, Seidenberg was scratched for my team...Last minute substitution (apparently I didn't realize Nashville was playing...) Ville Koistinen with 2 assists in the 1st period of his game, and I've got an early, and very fragile 1.5 goal lead.Of course, I've got 3 goals from my bench already, lol.Edit - That lead lasted about 4 seconds after I posted... 2 goals against Buffalo, and a Kessel goal, and now we're behind by 0.5.

gg zach - i got some pretty quick fire offense their from elias and kessel with 4 goals in about 10 minutes it seemed. i am definitely up for not losing any more d men though, 4 injuries and 1 ahl'er in my d corp right now. great!

Ya, gg. Better team won, but I think you ran pretty hot. It looked like I had Elias shut out until he scores with 90 seconds left. Of course, he gets the OT winner as well.Kessel too with an empty netter with less than a second left.Of course, I sit 3 goals, 2 of which I subbed out of the lineup the day of the game, lol.Either way, you got the better guys, so you deserved the win. The Blindsides are on fire!

i was pretty glad that you took sykora out when i checked the scores midway through our matchup, you were spot on when you said he'd leach off the bigger names then you went and dropped him!you're not wrong about me being on fire too, after a 4-10 start the blindsides have rebounded to 15-11. pretty sick!

Yah, sigh. I keep getting the Sykora/Staal decision wrong. I went with Staal because he steps it up vs his brothers. I still think it was the right decision. He had like 10000 chances, and Therrien gave him top PP time, and Sykora was on the second unit.I dunno, each time I play one, the other scores, if I play both, neither scores, etc, lol.I'm considering putting both of them in on Saturday, just to spite everything.Lots of guys on my team are slumping right now, too.

Yah, sigh. I keep getting the Sykora/Staal decision wrong. I went with Staal because he steps it up vs his brothers. I still think it was the right decision. He had like 10000 chances, and Therrien gave him top PP time, and Sykora was on the second unit.I dunno, each time I play one, the other scores, if I play both, neither scores, etc, lol.I'm considering putting both of them in on Saturday, just to spite everything.Lots of guys on my team are slumping right now, too.
sounds like its time to deal one of them away, if you dont like playing both. I think Sykora is due for a nice run, and Id try to make a nice offer for him, but I have Satan. Im suprised no one has tried for Sykora off you.(at least I hope he's due for a nice run, I just traded for him in one of my pools)
sounds like its time to deal one of them away, if you dont like playing both. I think Sykora is due for a nice run, and Id try to make a nice offer for him, but I have Satan. Im suprised no one has tried for Sykora off you.(at least I hope he's due for a nice run, I just traded for him in one of my pools)
I think he's due too. He didn't pick it up til half way through last season, and Therrien is finally starting to use him properly again. He's a PP guy, plain and simple. He needs to be on the top unit. He's better than Satan on the PP, he needs to be there first. Therrien is finally recognizing that and putting him out there with the big guns. He also usually ends up as the 3rd guy when Crosby and Malkin team up.I haven't had any offers for him.Staal, I can't trade unless I get a big offer. He's my future (for 3 years, anyways), he's going to break out soon and be a serious force. It's starting to look like it won't happen until after his contract with me expires, but who knows.I'd really love to play both of them, but really, neither of them are in my top 6 in terms of FCHL PPG. Sykora should be one of my top 3 guys tho, Staal should be up there too, but who knows. They rank 8th and 11th respectively in my depth charts, based solely on past performance, this season, which of course, is not the only factor in getting them into the lineup. I just have a hard time benching guys who are out performing them.
I think he's due too. He didn't pick it up til half way through last season, and Therrien is finally starting to use him properly again. He's a PP guy, plain and simple. He needs to be on the top unit. He's better than Satan on the PP, he needs to be there first. Therrien is finally recognizing that and putting him out there with the big guns. He also usually ends up as the 3rd guy when Crosby and Malkin team up.I haven't had any offers for him.Staal, I can't trade unless I get a big offer. He's my future (for 3 years, anyways), he's going to break out soon and be a serious force. It's starting to look like it won't happen until after his contract with me expires, but who knows.I'd really love to play both of them, but really, neither of them are in my top 6 in terms of FCHL PPG. Sykora should be one of my top 3 guys tho, Staal should be up there too, but who knows. They rank 8th and 11th respectively in my depth charts, based solely on past performance, this season, which of course, is not the only factor in getting them into the lineup. I just have a hard time benching guys who are out performing them.
do you mean in terms of FCHL points (g=1, a=.5) or do you mean the production on FCHL nights? Cause a few people seem to care what the player does on FCHL/AHL nights....me, I could care less. If he's getting all his pts on other nights, well, sucks right now, but it just means he's capable of scoring. But I'm assuming you meant overall NHL production. Well done to find so many guys higher than those 2 from a poor draft and expansion start.I think Sykora is a great buy low candidate right now. I'm really suprised no one went after him. For you, Staal is sort of untradable like you said, too much future. Personally I would sit Staal more often than not right now and play Sykora. You know better than me, your the Pens guy, but I still don't trust Staal to be a consistent contributor. The stats might disagree with me, but I dont think he is very consistent.Maybe I'm just frustrated with the whole Staal family right now!I still think Satan is the best out of all of them, and Dupuis should be a waiver wire pickup for you. :club:
do you mean in terms of FCHL points (g=1, a=.5) or do you mean the production on FCHL nights? Cause a few people seem to care what the player does on FCHL/AHL nights....me, I could care less. If he's getting all his pts on other nights, well, sucks right now, but it just means he's capable of scoring. But I'm assuming you meant overall NHL production. Well done to find so many guys higher than those 2 from a poor draft and expansion start.I think Sykora is a great buy low candidate right now. I'm really suprised no one went after him. For you, Staal is sort of untradable like you said, too much future. Personally I would sit Staal more often than not right now and play Sykora. You know better than me, your the Pens guy, but I still don't trust Staal to be a consistent contributor. The stats might disagree with me, but I dont think he is very consistent.Maybe I'm just frustrated with the whole Staal family right now!I still think Satan is the best out of all of them, and Dupuis should be a waiver wire pickup for you. :club:
****ing Eric Staal...

I plan my roster by who is hot and what their point total is against the team they are facing that night. If a player has like 4 pts out of 30 games but another less than stellar player has 23 pts out of 30 games I will play him at the drop of a hat. But I am in 10th.

****ing Eric Staal...
I feel your pain, I really do. 45 NHL points pace. He is playing nowhere near his usual self. That hat trick game was a blip on the radar, that's all. Im really hoping Maurice somehow lights him up, but I still fear that E is playing hurt.Trade? :club:
I feel your pain, I really do. 45 NHL points pace. He is playing nowhere near his usual self. That hat trick game was a blip on the radar, that's all. Im really hoping Maurice somehow lights him up, but I still fear that E is playing hurt.Trade? :club:
Might have to, as I don't think my team has a shot this year anymore. But just be warned that you'll have to beat out whatever Zach offers, and his team is loaded with assets that I yearn for.
I plan my roster by who is hot and what their point total is against the team they are facing that night. If a player has like 4 pts out of 30 games but another less than stellar player has 23 pts out of 30 games I will play him at the drop of a hat. But I am in 10th.
Yeah, for sure. FCHL PPG is just a place to start. Like, Zubrus got 4 goals that one game, and boosted his PPG artificially, so I tend to play others over him, even if he rates higher in FCHL PPG.And yeah, Arp, FCHL PPG is just NHL points, expressed in the value of FCHL points, per NHL game. It's really just giving me an approximation of their expected value on game night, although it's certainly something that is going to have some variance, and the sample size of even a full NHL season will be too small, generally. So, I really just use it as a barometer, and a starting point when setting my lineups. I also look at what people have done in their last 3 or 5 games, if there's a closer decision.The problem with my team, is that a lot of my guys are mediocre, I mean, they're putting up points, a couple might sneak in as 3rd tier players, but generally, like my top 10 players will put up very similar numbers, so I get a lot of very close decisions on game day. I don't have a guy like Datsyuk or Malkin that is basically an automatic. A guy like Demitra is about as close to that as I've got.
Might have to, as I don't think my team has a shot this year anymore. But just be warned that you'll have to beat out whatever Zach offers, and his team is loaded with assets that I yearn for.
No need to type in "anymore" at the end of that sentence.I agree with the bolded part, everything else is pretty much dead wrong. :club: