** FCHL's Toronto Rocket - Official Thread **

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yup, just got accepted into a program at Ryerson for the fall.

You're welcome.

Ya, apparently I didn't know that Lupul suddenly became the coaches favorite, and Knuble was in the dog house. Seemed like Lupul was out there all the time with the top PP unit and then top scoring line, etc. Blah.

Gameday - 11/14/2008Ottawa Limidonks (8-8-1)Forwards:Mikael SamuelssonMatt CullenDavid BoothDainius ZubrusAndrew LaddDan PailleDefense:Dennis SeidenbergVille KoistinenNiclas HavelidxGoalies:Buffalo SabresBench:noneShaftsbury Wheat Ales (10-7-0)Forwards:Pavel DatsyukMartin HavlatRaffi TorresJP DumontAndy McDonaldSlava KozlovDefense:Joe CorvoJaroslav SpacekDuncan KeithBryan McCabeGoalies:Carolina HurricanesBench:n/a=================Hoping for a repeat of the upset 2 weeks ago. Going to need all the luck here. Lalime starting for the Sabres, and facing a tough lineup.For the game, we dropped Milan Jurcina, and picked up Niclas Havelid, who already has 5 assists this season.

Result - 11/14/2008:LOSE (-0.5) - 3.5 to Shaftsbury Wheat AlesThe big story is that my goalies gave up 6 for the second straight night. My offense put up 5 assists, but it wouldn't have been enough anyways, as Rich's forwards put up some monster numbers. Good win for him.The Limidonks, after their 18th game, are sub .500 for the first time in their existance.

Gameday - 11/15/2008Ottawa Limidonks (8-9-1)Forwards:Chuck KobasewAntti MiettinenMike KnubleDoug WeightPetr SykoraJordan StaalDefense:Tom PreissingChristoph SchubertVille KoistinenDerek MorrisGoalies:Buffalo SabresBench:Pavol DemitraSean AveryJoffrey LupulDan PailleAlex SteenDainius ZubrusMike Van Ryn (inj.)Brett ClarkRoyal Oak Fearsome Beavers (8-10-1)Forwards:Bill GuerinSteve BernierBrian GiontaAlex BurrowsAlexei PonikarovskyRobert LangDefense:Mike CommodoreKim JohnssonTrevor DaleyAndrew FerenceGoalies:Washington CapitalsBench:n/a=================Expansion team matchup today, with some interesting lineup decisions. Pavol Demitra is playing for the Canucks tonight, but based on his pre-injury performance, he still wouldn't crack this lineup, hoping he breaks out soon and does, because he should be in my top 3, historically. Jordan Staal gets another chance, based solely on FCHL points per game, which decided all 6 forwards for this one.Weak defense tonight, with only Tom Preissing being a big scorer. Ville Koistenen is like 50/50 to be a healthy scratch but he's got the most offensive potential, so he'll be in the lineup. Christoph Schubert leads the rest of the defensemen with 3 points. Derek Morris and Brett Clark were a coin flip.Buffalo needs to rebound in net, but they're playing the Pens, so my interest is seriously conflicted. I guess I hope for a 1-0 Penguins win, lol.GL Steve.

Result - 11/15/2008:WIN 1.5 - (-1.0) over Royal Oak Fearsome BeaversThe Limidonks tenure as a sub-.500 team lasted one day, as we defeated fellow expansion team, the Beavers, tonight. A big shout out to New Jersey... who knew they could score 6 goals in a game?Limidonks offense was led by their Penguins; 2 goals by Jordan Staal, and 2 assists by Petr Sykora were exactly enough to ease the pain from the 5 goals that the Sabres allowed against the same Penguins.Doug Weight and Ville Koistinen contributed assists in the victory, for the 'Donks, while Brian Gionta's goal, Alex Ponikarovsky's and Alex Burrow's assists were all the offense the Beavers could muster.Long layoff for the FCHL, as the next game is not until Thursday, when an all Ottawa matchup takes place between the Limidonks and the asdfjkl;.

Result - 11/20/2008:WIN 3.0 - 1.5 over asdfjkl;I wasn't around to do the lineups, but the 'Donks pulled off another victory against one of the supposed top teams.Goals from Pavol Demitra and Petr Sykora paved the way to victory, backed by a shutout from the Flames goalies. Demitra also added an assist, while Antti Miettinen assisted once himself.Sidney Crosby led the charge for the home keys with 1g and 2a, but it was not enough to overcome having no goaltending, and no production from the likes of Tanguay and Hossa. Alfredsson and Quincey added assists, while Anze Kopitar scored a late goal to make the score look somewhat more respectable.The Limidonks improve to 10-9-1 through the first 20 games of the season, and currently sit 9th place, just 2 points out of a playoff spot. Also, they sit 5th of 5 teams in the Gilmour Division, which is living up to it's reputation as the toughest, deepest division in the league, as all 5 teams have winning records, and the top 4 sit in playoff spots already, despite having a game in hand on most of the other teams.Next game is on Saturday, as the 'Donks take on the Injured Reserve.

Saturday Game Decisions:I need to pick 6 forwards, who should I play or sit?Mike KnubleJordan StaalAntti MiettinenPetr SykoraMikael SamuelssonPavol DemitraChuck KobasewDoug WeightJoffrey LupulSean Avery

Saturday Game Decisions:I need to pick 6 forwards, who should I play or sit?Mike KnubleJordan StaalAntti MiettinenPetr SykoraMikael SamuelssonPavol DemitraChuck KobasewDoug WeightJoffrey LupulSean Avery
StaalKobasewDemitraAveryLupulSykora