Can I Make A Thin Value Bet Here?

So Ocean's 11 here in San Diego started up a little 5/5 PLO lately.Villain ~ $1,800Hero ~ $500Villain is a pretty tight player, I haven't seen him do anything out of line or out of the ordinary. He bets when he has it, folds when he doesn't and smooth calls when he has a monster draw. I've just sat down about an hour ago and may be seen as a little aggro. The count on raising pf: Me=15 out of about 30 hands..... The rest of the table=2 out of 30 (I don't think they understand why I'm raising every other hand pf and I'm also not sure if they realize how solid I am playing after the flop (Simo told me to do it))Villain is on my direct right and limps in UTG+1 for $5Hero picks up :5c:ts:4h:club: and bets pot $30Folds around to Villain who calls $25 moreFlop comes :D:D :D Villain checks, Hero bets $50, Villain calls $50Turn is :D Villain checks, Hero checksRiver is :3h Villain checks, Hero?............. Should I bet here?

hands that beat usQTxxhands that we beatevery other combination of 4 cardsBet 70% of pot on the turn, his "monster draw" can be clubs too.If he raises, you have a decision to make

OK, so I bet $75 trying to get a call out of 2-pair or a smaller set. He raises $150 more.wtf do I do now?
Fold? Instafold? Snapfold?edit: Did you mean on the turn or on the river?
Fold? Instafold? Snapfold?edit: Did you mean on the turn or on the river?
Hey Simo, you start drinking a little early today? Why in the hell would I fold the turn? lolSorry, had to be a smartass. :club:
why are you checking the turn??yes, bet the river....
if you bet the turn you often bet yourself off the hand. i don't think the risk outweighs the reward. plus, checking the turn gets him to bet into on the river with nothing sometimes.

i'm hoping there is more talk about this hand because i usually call the river raise pretty often, but i'm pretty new to plo

• 2 weeks later...
i'm hoping there is more talk about this hand because i usually call the river raise pretty often, but i'm pretty new to plo
Forgot about this hand. This guy played it so weird I honestly didn't know what to do on the river when he checked. I guess was just a little mad at myself when I posted this hand because I was so close to checking the river behind. The turn I checked behind for the exact reason anti said.(OK, cat's out of the bag, I called river, he showed QTxx)If I put him on clubs, and I bet the turn, I'm potting it but I just had this sinking feeling when the Ace hit and Villain checked. The ONLY thing that should be calling a psb on the turn is QTxx. I think I like my check here.So then the river blanks and he checks again. Obv I must be good with the set right? Why would he check check with the nuts? I mean, if you were Villain, would you check the turn after hitting your gin card? Then check a blank river too?Such a sick spot.
So then the river blanks and he checks again. Obv I must be good with the set right? Why would he check check with the nuts? I mean, if you were Villain, would you check the turn after hitting your gin card? Then check a blank river too?
Because he's a live player and most live players care more about "tricking people" than they do about making money. Fold to the river raise BTW.
  • 2 weeks later...

I say check behind on the river. You're seriously doubt a weaker hand will. But you could easily find yourself getting reraised on that board though. Little upside to betting-huge downside. I like what antistuff said earlier in the thread-it's easy to bet yourself out of the pot here. I vote for checking behind.