Why Are Wsop Main Event Fields So Small

Hi everyone,Just wondering if anyone knows why the Main Event field is smaller this year. I went last year, and was not surprised that the field was smaller than 2006, but I expected the field to be larger this year.I was upset that I could not get to Vegas this year, but with the smaller numbers I am feeling better about not going to Vegas this year. I am guessing that fewer players this year might mean the cash games might not be as good, or may be the opposite.Though, I must say the WSOP is not a very good deal anymore. They are taking $600 from every player, they did the same last year and all we got was a useless bud-light keychain light.Can anyone tell me how the cash games are at the Bellagio are. I usually play 10/20NL or 25/50 NL at the Bellagio, Last year they were running 4 to 5 10/20 NL tables and 2 - 25/50 NL tables, are they as full as they were last year.Thanks Cheppa

Hi everyone,1. Just wondering if anyone knows why the Main Event field is smaller this year. I went last year, and was not surprised that the field was smaller than 2006, but I expected the field to be larger this year.I was upset that I could not get to Vegas this year, but with the smaller numbers I am feeling better about not going to Vegas this year. 2. I am guessing that fewer players this year might mean the cash games might not be as good, or may be the opposite.Though, I must say the WSOP is not a very good deal anymore. 3. They are taking $600 from every player, they did the same last year and all we got was a useless bud-light keychain light.Can anyone tell me how the cash games are at the Bellagio are. 4.I usually play 10/20NL or 25/50 NL at the Bellagio, Last year they were running 4 to 5 10/20 NL tables and 2 - 25/50 NL tables, are they as full as they were last year.Thanks Cheppa
LOL1. The numbers should be about the same maybe a little higher this year.2. Wrong3. Most people play for the prizepool... not a couple comped meals4. Tell me when you're out there, what table, and what seat. kthx.
A buddy of mine goes to Vegas on a regular basis... he swears by the Flamingo. He is an average player and does well there. Another friend of mine, who I put in the top three players in my area, just went to the Belagio for 7 days, he played 2-5NL, and then mostly 5-10NL, and made $12,000 for 7 days.I have not been to Vegas for 2 years now, but when I used to go... I found the Mirage had some good games. Don't play the 10/20 Limit... too tough the 20/40 limit is a better game. A lot of leather rear-ends at the 10/20 limit at the Mirage. If you can beat that game... you are a very good player. Good game to improve your limit skills at though. I on the other hand will be found at the Belagio and maybe the Flamingo (Flamingo sounds juicy), from July 4th - 13th, when I am not playing the World Series Main event. Hope I have the problem of having to change my return date.PS... I don't play online anymore.. Have not for the last 10 months, I play only Brick and Mortar, and won more than enough money playing 2-5NL and the occasional 5-10NL games, when 5/10NL happens. I have won enough money this year staying off line and playing a regular 2-5NL that I can pay my entry fee to the main event for the next 7 years. ON LINE IS RIGGED!!!!
Pretty big jump from 2-5 and occasionally 5-10 to 10-20 and 25-50. playing only live. do you give lessons?!?!

Seems to me like the OP is trying too hard.

LOL1. The numbers should be about the same maybe a little higher this year.2. Wrong3. Most people play for the prizepool... not a couple comped meals4. Tell me when you're out there, what table, and what seat. kthx.
Usually played the 10/20 on the upper level. Spent two days playing with Nelli, I was in seat 2 most of the time. A guy named Hansen was there, a tall black guy named Kenny. I played the 10/20 for 6 days during the WSOP and One day playing the 25/50. One day with Brad Booth sitting at seat 3. You could usually find me at seat 2 at the 10/20 table.The games were very good last year. I made more money playing the 10/20 and one day at the 25/50 than I hoped to cash at the WSOP. LOL when I got knocked out of the WSOP, I ended up taking a $7000 pot of Men, while we were at the the Feeder table.
Pretty big jump from 2-5 and occasionally 5-10 to 10-20 and 25-50. playing only live. do you give lessons?!?!
Yes it was a big jump, but a friend of mine convinced me to play the 10/20 game, he told me I was a better player than he was, and that he was making money at it. I usually play 2/5 because it is the largest game I can find locally. Plus my bankroll is large enough to play that level.However, I have been to Vegas 3 more time since last year just because the games are that good.We had One guy at our 10/20 table that dumbed $25,000 then Reloaded, for another $20,000, and then another $15,000. This guy was a real donkey, turns out the guy was blowing through his $900,000 that he won in Tunica that year. When he ran out of cash he wanted to sell some of his money he had on PokerStars.I wish I had my laptop with me, but it was at the RIO. I would have done it in a heart beat, just to find out what his online name was.
Next time say hi to Phil Laak.
He is a funny guy, what a real gambler. One night, around 6:00 am, him and one other guy were going crazy to find a large cash game. I don't know him, or did I get a chance to play with him.However, I did have an opportunity to play with Antonio Esvandiari at the 10/20 around the end of September. Never did get to talk to him, he was always at the other end of the table, and had someone watching him. I found it weird that he would be playing 10/20, kind of a small game for him. Even when the 25/50 game was going, with some donkey french Pilot, Antonio would not play that game.
Why is everyone jumping on this guy?He seems pretty legit imo.
agree... maybe it's cuz he doesn't have an avatar
The wsop is smaller this year cause less people are signing up.or at least thats wat i been told.
It is surprising, Day 1A had 1297 players, Day 2 I can't find, and Day 3.. they are saying 1655 players. At this rate they won't break 6000 players. Simo_8ball, thanks.

no way anyone from NB plays 10/20 or 25/50nl, we're too busy fishing or cutting down trees imo

Yes it was a big jump, but a friend of mine convinced me to play the 10/20 game, he told me I was a better player than he was, and that he was making money at it. I usually play 2/5 because it is the largest game I can find locally. Plus my bankroll is large enough to play that level.However, I have been to Vegas 3 more time since last year just because the games are that good.We had One guy at our 10/20 table that dumbed $25,000 then Reloaded, for another $20,000, and then another $15,000. This guy was a real donkey, turns out the guy was blowing through his $900,000 that he won in Tunica that year. When he ran out of cash he wanted to sell some of his money he had on PokerStars.I wish I had my laptop with me, but it was at the RIO. I would have done it in a heart beat, just to find out what his online name was.
GENUINELY (sp?) thought you were legit until the following was thrown around. 25k at a 10/20... HUH. seriously take a 0 off the number and people will believe. fail imo.
GENUINELY (sp?) thought you were legit until the following was thrown around. 25k at a 10/20... HUH. seriously take a 0 off the number and people will believe. fail imo.
It is legit, it is unlimited buy-in at Bellagio 10/20NL. Like I said, this guy was a donkey, and trying to look like a big shot!! Can't remember his name, but I was told he won $900,000 at Tunica WPT event beating out Daniel. I am sure some one can find out what his name was. If you ever do get to play with him, have fun. I took a $13,000 pot off him. Oh buy the way, that was an average good sized pot when he was at the table. Oh you know, I was wrong about the $25,000 original buy in. It was $20,000. He dwindled it down to $7000, then worked it back up to $25,000 then lost it, then reloaded for $20,000 and then another $15,000.
It is legit, it is unlimited buy-in at Bellagio 10/20NL. Like I said, this guy was a donkey, and trying to look like a big shot!! Can't remember his name, but I was told he won $900,000 at Tunica WPT event beating out Daniel. I am sure some one can find out what his name was. If you ever do get to play with him, have fun. I took a $13,000 pot off him. Oh buy the way, that was an average good sized pot when he was at the table. Oh you know, I was wrong about the $25,000 original buy in. It was $20,000. He dwindled it down to $7000, then worked it back up to $25,000 then lost it, then reloaded for $20,000 and then another $15,000.
well sir did not know that it was uncapped by in at 10/20... my baaaad if thats true. gl
these joke accounts are getting very good. it takes real discipline to sign up on a poker site 3 years before you actually start making epic threads like these.
Most the time I just read the threads, but when I do post, I am just looking for Information. This is not an epic thread, if you want, I will let you know when I am a the Bellagio next, and you can join me.I don't log onto the site too often, but I usually do when interesting things are happening in the poker world.
no way anyone from NB plays 10/20 or 25/50nl, we're too busy fishing or cutting down trees imo
You know, Cory Carrol is from Halifax. He managed to make it to 15th in the 2007 player of the year rankings. We do manage to produce a few good players here in the maritimes. Lots of down time on the fishing boats, so no choice but to play cards. :club:
His name is Bryan Sumner. I was there when he won against Daniel. He has the personality of a brick.
His name is Bryan Sumner. I was there when he won against Daniel. He has the personality of a brick.
You got that right a loud brick at that!!! Was he wearing camo then too?
It is surprising, Day 1A had 1297 players, Day 2 I can't find, and Day 3.. they are saying 1655 players. At this rate they won't break 6000 players.
The official number of those registered for Day 1c is 1,928. Day 1a saw 1,297 runners come out for the Main Event, and on Day 1b there were 1,158.4383 through today.