heads-up championship

Is anyone else disappointed in the show? I just watched round 2 and finished reading Daniel's latest journal entry and I have to respectfully disagree with his assessment of the show.The battle between Paul and Phil was good and at times funny, but there is just not enough poker shown. I understand why they do all the player profiles since the mainstream watcher might not know who some of these guys are, but come on how many times do I need to see a shot of the "stare" as Joe Player stands next to some scaffolding? I want poker with some poker on the side, and a little poker mixed in. Not endless Pokerstars.Net commercials.Too much fluff not enough stuff. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.P.s. To be fair I do like the poker that they do show.

I agree that it'd be nice if they showed more hands.I think the show is geared more towards casual poker fans, though. That's why there's all the player profiles, interviews, and whatnot. Also, I think Gabe Kaplan is doing a pretty nice job announcing, he's certainly a lot funnier and more insightful than Norman Chad.

I agree with you. I was terribly disappointed in the show. Gabe Kaplan announcing doesn'g help. I also like how they kept saying the 64 best players in the world. James Woods? Jerry Buss? Some 84 year old man I never heard of?

I agree with you. I was terribly disappointed in the show. Gabe Kaplan announcing doesn'g help. I also like how they kept saying the 64 best players in the world. James Woods? Jerry Buss? Some 84 year old man I never heard of?
Ok....I agree with you guys that theres way too much filler on the NHUPC, and that the hands they do show are good....however I disagree with these 2 points....1)Gabe Kaplan is a hell of a lot better than Norman freakin Chad....hes way more knowledgeable about the game, and a lot wittier imo......2)This 'old guy youve never heard of' happens to be Henry Orenstein.....the creator of the hole card cams widely used today, a holocaust survivor, inventor of the Transformers(among a bunch of other things), and a damn fine poker player....when Phil Ivey started out Mr. Orenstein kept him broke for months!! Show some respect and/or class....sorry, had to get that off my chest
I agree with you.  I was terribly disappointed in the show.  Gabe Kaplan announcing doesn'g help.  I also like how they kept saying the 64 best players in the world.  James Woods?  Jerry Buss?  Some 84 year old man I never heard of?
Ok....I agree with you guys that theres way too much filler on the NHUPC, and that the hands they do show are good....however I disagree with these 2 points....1)Gabe Kaplan is a hell of a lot better than Norman freakin Chad....hes way more knowledgeable about the game, and a lot wittier imo......2)This 'old guy youve never heard of' happens to be Henry Orenstein.....the creator of the hole card cams widely used today, a holocaust survivor, inventor of the Transformers(among a bunch of other things), and a damn fine poker player....when Phil Ivey started out Mr. Orenstein kept him broke for months!! Show some respect and/or class....sorry, had to get that off my chest
well said
I agree with you.  I was terribly disappointed in the show.  Gabe Kaplan announcing doesn'g help.  I also like how they kept saying the 64 best players in the world.  James Woods?  Jerry Buss?  Some 84 year old man I never heard of?
well said
Thank you...Im glad someone got it
I'll take Norman Chad over Sexton and Van Patten any day.  Stop ragging on him.
You can have him.He isn't completely useless, but every time I listen to him I get a visual of him sitting up all night trying to think of whitty retorts as he watches footage of the action.
I'll take Norman Chad over Sexton and Van Patten any day.  Stop ragging on him.
You can have him.He isn't completely useless, but every time I listen to him I get a visual of him sitting up all night trying to think of whitty retorts as he watches footage of the action.
Well, he's doing his homework. Comics prepare material too. And do you think "Do you believe in miracles?" wasn't planned?Not bustin' your balls, just saying that all commentators work on their craft. Unless, you're just upset at the visual... because you're right, that's a shifty visual.

It's all business and making money...Who are there more of...people wanting to learn about the strategy of the game, or people who like all-ins and star profiles? These shows are made for the General Public and to attract viewers and advertising money...