Odd spot with JJ, would like a little feedback.MP1 ($276.80)MP2 ($448.80)MP3 ($274.90)Hero ($213.50)Button ($217)SB ($194)BB ($146.50)UTG ($337.85)UTG+1 ($158.40)Preflop: Hero is CO with Js, Jh. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $2, 3 folds, Hero raises to $8, 1 fold, SB calls $7, 1 fold, UTG+1 folds.Flop: ($20) 4c, 8h, 9h (2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $13, SB raises to $32, Hero raises to $70, SB calls $38.Turn: ($160) Ad (2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.River: ($160) 5d (2 players)SB bets $62, Hero folds.Final Pot: $222Results below: SB doesn't show. Outcome: SB wins $222. My flop reraise was maybe a bit small but I wanted to get a better idea of where I was at after being check raised. I figure calling there is probably a bad idea as it leaves me with no clue as to where I'm at and potentially costs me more money on the turn or river. I'm not putting the villian on AK/AQ or AA/KK as I figure those hands either 3-bet me preflop and a big ace probably doesn't check raise me on the flop. So I figured the best bet was to reraise and figure where I was. If called I planned on shutting down and saving my stack. Bet sizing aside, do I have the right idea? Basically I'm picking off a potential bluff on the dry flop.

hurghghhg.looks like a blocker bet on the river w/ axhh. or a whiffed j10hh. Tough spot, that's a cheap price to fold for.The flop re raise is good, but if you don't do your bet sizing correctly you price in draws. I'd think 85 to 90 is better there you basically made a min raise and he can't fold for that.

Yeah, I knew the reraise was on the smallish side once I reviewed the hand history. At the time I was attempting to bet an amount that wouldn't commit me to the pot if he pushed, although I may have priced him in for the call if he had a hand like JT. I know I was getting good odds to call the river bet but I had already decided before the reraise that I was shutting down if called so I pretty much stuck with my read on the flop that I probably wasn't good. Eh, maybe I had the right thought process but need to have better bet sizing.

he flatted you on the flop why would you think you're behind? *your last raise that is*
I guess if I were him and were sitting on a set there I wouldn't shove and give an overpair a good reason to fold. On that type of flop I would probably just call with a hand that skunks an overpair. Of course I'm a trappy player so that's always in my mind.

raise the flop moreanyone bet the turn here?We can't put him on an ace, so I was thinking he may be on two broadway hearts and I'd bet the turn...Also, do you have PT stats on villain? What about your image?

Pleased to be calling that non-heart river. Your odds are too good even with the Aball out.Also, no, I don't bet the turn. I like his check behind actually, even if it was on a brick versus an A.

Reraising to $90-100 instead of 70 would help you out in this hand alot more in figuring where he is. And also a bigger pre raise.It was cheap and HU PF and people do bet draws so never rule out him having 76 here.