Daniel Day 1 Main Event

AAAAAAAAARGDaniel Negreanu EliminatedIt's a case of cruel and unusual punishment for Daniel Negreanu in today's Main Event. After seeing his stack slip a bit during the day, he was just eliminated when he flopped a set of sixes to his opponent's set of nines and all the money went in. Making matters worse, Negreanu had some trouble leaving the feature table area because of the crowd thronging around to watch him play. Spectators were asking to take pictures as Daniel tried to make his way from the Amazon room.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu EliminatedIt's a case of cruel and unusual punishment for Daniel Negreanu in today's Main Event. After seeing his stack slip a bit during the day, he was just eliminated when he flopped a set of sixes to his opponent's set of nines and all the money went in.Making matters worse, Negreanu had some trouble leaving the feature table area because of the crowd thronging around to watch him play. Spectators were asking to take pictures as Daniel tried to make his way from the Amazon room.
Tough one. Can't do much about set over set. GG Daniel

I imagine that it doesn't help to hear it right now, but...GG DN

AAAAAAAAARGDaniel Negreanu EliminatedIt's a case of cruel and unusual punishment for Daniel Negreanu in today's Main Event. After seeing his stack slip a bit during the day, he was just eliminated when he flopped a set of sixes to his opponent's set of nines and all the money went in. Making matters worse, Negreanu had some trouble leaving the feature table area because of the crowd thronging around to watch him play. Spectators were asking to take pictures as Daniel tried to make his way from the Amazon room.
well thats boring.

Wow...Just wow...I know it's set over set, but Negreanu didn't seem to play well today considering he was down to 14000 before. Kind of a huge let down and just...Not good

Wow...Just wow...I know it's set over set, but Negreanu didn't seem to play well today considering he was down to 14000 before. Kind of a huge let down and just...Not good
Well put. Certainly all the updates we've seen to see how he dipped to 14,000 indicate a lack of effort very good read sir.
Based on your posts in these threads I have to assume that 1. you are very very young and 2. you have very very little experience actually playing poker and really don't understand the concepts of variance and results oriented thinking.Whether a player is playing well or not can't be determined by their current chip count in one tournament as there is far too much luck and variance involved.Daniel might have played well today or totally sucked but we can't determine that based on the fact that he was knocked out early.
Why are you even on this forum if you are going to comment on DN like that, simply assuming he didn't give it his best shot ?

It sucks that he couldn't outlast Jamie Gold. But you can't tell if DN played really bad or really well today based off getting underset. I'm sure DN will talk about some hands he lost and he'll evaluate how bad or good he played in his blog. We all know he's upset with his play.

Based on your posts in these threads I have to assume that 1. you are very very young and 2. you have very very little experience actually playing poker and really don't understand the concepts of variance and results oriented thinking.Whether a player is playing well or not can't be determined by their current chip count in one tournament as there is far too much luck and variance involved.Daniel might have played well today or totally sucked but we can't determine that based on the fact that he was knocked out early.
well said!!!

Damnit set over set! Just not your day, Daniel.You had a great overall world series, congrats on the bracelet and 200k from Ivey. Better luck next year in the HORSE and Main Event.

pls come to my home game so i can shoot you

Well lets just take a quick positive from this world series for Daniel:Events Played: 24Total Buy In: 248500Total Cashes: 520302Profit: 271802Obviously that figure does not include any props/cash games he played, nor the 200k bracelet bet with Ivey.Not a bad world series, 1 bracelet and 270k profit, Nice.RegardsIan

Well lets just take a quick positive from this world series for Daniel:Events Played: 24Total Buy In: 248500Total Cashes: 520302Profit: 271802Obviously that figure does not include any props/cash games he played, nor the 200k bracelet bet with Ivey.Not a bad world series, 1 bracelet and 270k profit, Nice.RegardsIan
QFT
Not too bad at all. I'd like to have a month like that. Of course, I'd have to have a quarter to start, which I don't have... I wonder how his overall month looks, with all the side bets, bracelet bets, and the presumed bonus structure with P*s (without any knowledge, if his agent didn't get bonus payments in there for WSOP/WPT cash/ft/wins, he needs better Poker Royalty on his side.). I imagine it was a pretty, pretty schweet month.Good series, Daniel. It was fun to rail you (virtually and at the Rio).