Feel Alone In This. But Cant Be

ok... ok... lol i dont take anything too personally its cool. all comments are fair. i asked a question and got answers lol...BUT maybe i should of told you whole story lol. your comments are compeltely fair.... after i reread what i said...before i ever won that satelite thing... i consistently beat the lower stakes... what i should of said is.. AFTER ive eperienced the higher limits.. i find it hard to go back down to the lower stakes i was once used to... is that clearer? i undersatnd that my first post gave impression i got lucky once and then tried to say im good...hopefully that makes more sense..thanks
a lot of people have this problem, u just have to accept the fact that u cant play that high anymore, u had 12k and were playin 25/50.......like people have said before be happy with the money u won (and happy u still have it). now u have something to strive for and something u can work at cause now see how much money can be made in poker but it wont come overnight, it takes so long to become a constant winner at those stakes and stake below that, but when it finally happens its so much more satisfying to see your hard work and many years finally paying off........rather then just expecting to beat the best players overnight and not having a clue why or how ur doing it
la crosse
ewww thats like a trip from one side to the other on 90 meh. you can join us at dairyland if you want on friday nite. goin to the brewery saturday too! i think imma have to smuggle back like 2 cases of spotted cow back to miami somehow tho lol
a lot of people have this problem, u just have to accept the fact that u cant play that high anymore, u had 12k and were playin 25/50.......like people have said before be happy with the money u won (and happy u still have it). now u have something to strive for and something u can work at cause now see how much money can be made in poker but it wont come overnight, it takes so long to become a constant winner at those stakes and stake below that, but when it finally happens its so much more satisfying to see your hard work and many years finally paying off........rather then just expecting to beat the best players overnight and not having a clue why or how ur doing it
WTF a constructive post from PT SPECIAL?!?!?!?!?

To the original poster - judging by your posts in this thread, I would say that you probably aren't nearly as good at this game as you think yoiu are.Something to consider.

It's funny when I started playing poker over 30 yrs ago you knew the basic's and that was it and I made some money back then, now I know very little, it's all changed doing the pretest on Daniels Poker VT really gave me a wake up call on how little I knew, My game is getting a little better with each game I play. I find some sites easier than others, but again the biggest thing is patience and knowing the new terms of the game and how to use them effectively. and Reality does hit you a bit here but you do learn from it.

lol i really do love the people who think their special or part of a community because they've posted alot of messages lol.. its pricless.. your special and much more important than me...why cant people just reply properly????why you on this site? is it just to have a go and be-little people and be the big man on the internet. i wrote a normal post asking a question... dont even know me. why such hostility?? i dont get it..
Yeh, basically.

I know what its like to try to rebuild a roll and be forced to play lower than the limits you used to beat. It can be hard to focus. One trick that works for me is to drop down to a level lower than what you should currently be playing on, and play there for a few hours. Then when you go back to the level you should be playing at the money will be a lot larger than what you just conditioned yourself to play for. So, say your bankroll allows you to play at .25/.50, drop down and play 500 or 1000 hands at .10/.25, then go back up. It really works.

I know what its like to try to rebuild a roll and be forced to play lower than the limits you used to beat. It can be hard to focus. One trick that works for me is to drop down to an even level lower than what you should currently be playing on, and play there for a few hours. Then when you go back to the level you should be playing at the money will be a lot larger than what you just conditioned yourself to play for. So, say your bankroll allows you to play at .25/.50, drop down and play 500 or 1000 hands at .10/.25, then go back up. It really works.
This is very sound advice.*Merby stamp of approval*
I know what its like to try to rebuild a roll and be forced to play lower than the limits you used to beat. It can be hard to focus. One trick that works for me is to drop down to a level lower than what you should currently be playing on, and play there for a few hours. Then when you go back to the level you should be playing at the money will be a lot larger than what you just conditioned yourself to play for. So, say your bankroll allows you to play at .25/.50, drop down and play 500 or 1000 hands at .10/.25, then go back up. It really works.
I give that the Finz stamp of approval too.It is difficult to eat humble pie. Several times I have made cashouts (leaving maybe 100 bb...I play limit) to pay bills etc. Even though it's a short roll, I figure I've been beating that limit, I can't possibly bust. Doh ! :club: As my roll sinks lower, I play dumber, figuring "my luck has to change soon" That doesn't work.If you stay where you should, your roll grows. If you jump back up too quickly you cannot tell if you really shouldn't be playing that level or if it's that your roll can't handle any negative varience at all. Recently, I've come to the realization that I need to listen more to my own internal dialogue more. If I take a beat and think, "OMG, when will these fools learn to fold?" then I need to consider that I am playing to high for my current bankroll at this site and/or I am officially the fool. If I take a beat and actually chuckle to myself, I know that I've played it ok and I make my notes and add the player to my buddy list.