Feel Alone In This. But Cant Be

Hi,a few months ago, i qualified through a satelite on a site called willhill.. english people will know it, other may not... and then continued to make the top 25 out of 250 earning me a vegas package of $12,000.i am not bragging lol. i am saying that after this happened.. i was then able to play very high cash games with blinds as big as $25/50 etc.. and i continued to do this for approx a few months, with success. not massively profitable compared to what a good session with them blinds would give. but profitable none the less...after a while i decided to bank most of my winnings as i was satisfied with keeping them and not risking losing what ive earnt. i left however a grand or so to play with...cutting it short. i lost abit and therfore tilted some too and was left with a low amount to play with. sometimes going as low as having to play $0.25/0.50 blinds...started well... but my question and whole point of this article is the fact that... i am experiencing a boredom and lack of patience at this level (al i can afford rite now)... and i end up tilting or being stupid with the little i have in my account and am struggling to rebuild from such a low level...has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and what do you reccomend? I find it hard to play reasonable levels these days due to my months of higher stakes and profits... therefore i keep going broke at lower limits and are also gettin frustrated with the donkeys you encounter at these levels who confuse and irritate you by playing weird compared to higher stakes with people who understand the game better.anyone experienced anything like this and has any advice, i would apprecaite and welcome the feedback...thanks.p.s i am well aware there will be some people who will write one sentence replies just to have a go at me for some reason or another... but i wont even respond... reasonable replies please.

i was then able to play very high cash games with blinds as big as $25/50 etc.. You should do more of this imo

lol i really do love the people who think their special or part of a community because they've posted alot of messages lol.. its pricless.. your special and much more important than me...why cant people just reply properly????why you on this site? is it just to have a go and be-little people and be the big man on the internet. i wrote a normal post asking a question... dont even know me. why such hostility?? i dont get it..

lol i really do love the people who think their special or part of a community because they've posted alot of messages lol.. its pricless.. your special and much more important than me...why cant people just reply properly????why you on this site? is it just to have a go and be-little people and be the big man on the internet. i wrote a normal post asking a question... dont even know me. why such hostility?? i dont get it..
You want honesty?You got lucky and won a sizeable bankroll. You played in a high stakes game that you had no business being in except to donate your money to the regs. You ran hot and somehow were able to show a profit over a small sample size. Fortunately, you were smart enough to get out before you pissed away your entire bankroll.You can't beat the lower limits because you aren't good at the game. Not because they aren't as good as the higher stakes regs.
You want honesty?You got lucky and won a sizeable bankroll. You played in a high stakes game that you had no business being in except to donate your money to the regs. You ran hot and somehow were able to show a profit over a small sample size. Fortunately, you were smart enough to get out before you pissed away your entire bankroll.You can't beat the lower limits because you aren't good at the game. Not because they aren't as good as the higher stakes regs.
Thanks, you saved me the trouble.

You are a fish and a donk. You ran good at those higher stakes, and the games were easier back then. You say that you "went as low" as .25/.50 with a $1000-ish bankroll. That's 20 buy-ins sir and that's what you were playing at the lowest?The truth is that you are not a good poker player. Grasp it quickly or there isn't much anyone here can do for you."therefore i keep going broke at lower limits and are also gettin frustrated with the donkeys you encounter at these levels who confuse and irritate you by playing weird compared to higher stakes with people who understand the game better."This sentence proves how bad you actually are and is one of the first things that comes to mind in the "things that fish say" thread. Yes, Krantz, durrr, and CTS are WAY more predictable and play far less weird than your average micro/small stakes donk. Note the extreme sarcasm. Seriously, do you even understand what you are saying and how illogical it is?

No, Acid Knight is special because he's a better poker player than you are. You want the truth, we gave it to you. The truth might be harsh, but if you take it for what it is, you'll get more out of it than most friendly responses will offer.He's likely on this site to discuss poker and poker-related issues with other good players, as am I.You, however, are here to garner some sympathy that is never going to happen, and you are looking for people to reassure you that you are a good player and that this is a normal emotion for good players to experience. Well it's not.

You guys ripping on Muzza are really coming across as idiots for the most part and Muzza's rationle about lower level players playing worse and costing him is also a bit delusional.Let's take out any of the circumstances unique to him and talk about the core question he is asking and that is whether others have had a hard time after dropping down in limits from what they played for whatever reason.It can be very hard for somebody to take a lower stakes game as seriously and thus they tend to play worse and not respect their opponents and then lose in those games even if they have been a winner at higher stakes. You combine the higher relative rake at lower limits with the player not playing well and you end up losing.Also another factor might be that a player who isn't a great player might perform better in the style of game that is played at a higher limit than he does at a lower limit. That doesn't make him a good player and in fact points to a weakness in not being able to adjust and exploit the play of your opponents.Of course the player in question might have just been on a heater but that isn't a given as there are times that higher limit games, especially if it is limit and not no-limit can be much softer. Especially at online sites that contain sportbooks.Just ask Zach about some of the hands I've shared with him from the 25/50 and 50/100 games at On Game in the past where some of the players were horrible.

Stop playing for a while, invest in some books, work on your game and take your time moving up in stakes. In poker, we are not competing against other poker players, but mostly with ourselves. So, work on your game, understand that improving your microlimit game is just a step towards those big games. Take your improvement seriously but understand like all of us new to the game that there are far greater poker players in these forums and even if their advice may sometimes seem harsh there is usually something you can learn from it.I haven't been here for long and my game is already much better than it was. Ahead, still a big journey.Good luck to you.

lol i was gonna respond to this seriously, had a post typed out and everythingbut then i just thought about how this is the guy i play everysingle day, takes a shot at 5/10, busts then leaves table, i search him 2 seconds later and hes playin 50c 1

You are a fish and a donk. You ran good at those higher stakes, and the games were easier back then. You say that you "went as low" as .25/.50 with a $1000-ish bankroll. That's 20 buy-ins sir and that's what you were playing at the lowest?The truth is that you are not a good poker player. Grasp it quickly or there isn't much anyone here can do for you."therefore i keep going broke at lower limits and are also gettin frustrated with the donkeys you encounter at these levels who confuse and irritate you by playing weird compared to higher stakes with people who understand the game better."This sentence proves how bad you actually are and is one of the first things that comes to mind in the "things that fish say" thread. Yes, Krantz, durrr, and CTS are WAY more predictable and play far less weird than your average micro/small stakes donk. Note the extreme sarcasm. Seriously, do you even understand what you are saying and how illogical it is?
To call a guy a "fish and a donk" gives him no hope...please pick one or the other.
You guys ripping on Muzza are really coming across as idiots for the most part and Muzza's rationle about lower level players playing worse and costing him is also a bit delusional.Let's take out any of the circumstances unique to him and talk about the core question he is asking and that is whether others have had a hard time after dropping down in limits from what they played for whatever reason.It can be very hard for somebody to take a lower stakes game as seriously and thus they tend to play worse and not respect their opponents and then lose in those games even if they have been a winner at higher stakes. You combine the higher relative rake at lower limits with the player not playing well and you end up losing.Also another factor might be that a player who isn't a great player might perform better in the style of game that is played at a higher limit than he does at a lower limit. That doesn't make him a good player and in fact points to a weakness in not being able to adjust and exploit the play of your opponents.Of course the player in question might have just been on a heater but that isn't a given as there are times that higher limit games, especially if it is limit and not no-limit can be much softer. Especially at online sites that contain sportbooks.Just ask Zach about some of the hands I've shared with him from the 25/50 and 50/100 games at On Game in the past where some of the players were horrible.
I think Snamuh did come across pretty harshly for no apparent reason here.I do think that people who start threads with the attitude of the OP and tell people how he wants them to reply to his thread kind of deserve whatever he gets. If you want help or people's advice, come into the forum, post your thread or question and respond to the posts that you want to respond to. Don't go out of your way before hand to preface which ones you'll respond to and which you won't and have this fairly undeserved attitude going on.As for the real problem:I think SCS was right on actually. The truth is that if you cannot beat lower stakes, you're really not that good at poker, regardless of whatever unsustainable successes you have had at other limits. Bottom line is that the players are worse. Yes, they may take weird lines that make no sense, but as a good player, the adjustment you should be making is to just play more straight forward poker and stop bluffing them. If you want to get better at poker, post hands in the strat forum and get advice. If you want sympathy, you should probably look elsewhere.
There's the pot calling the kettle black:
LOL I really do love the people who think they're special or part of a community because they've posted a lot of messages... LOL... It's pricless... you're special and much more important than me...Why cant people just reply properly?Why are you on this site? Is it just to have a go and belittle people and be the big man on the internet. I wrote a normal post asking a question... You dont even know me. Why is there such hostility?? I don't get it...
I couldn't resist, but you opened yourself up to it. :icon_biggrin:Don't mind me, I'm just having fun.Necessary self-deprecating sentence fragment.
I think Snamuh did come across pretty harshly for no apparent reason here.
Yeah I did. But I deal with these people in real life. They're the people that refuse to accept the fact that they aren't good players. I don't have the heart (or the balls) to tell them in person, so I do it from behind a computer screen where they might be able to take it for what it's worth.His response to your post did rub me the wrong way though, when he criticized you and claimed you thought you were special, when in reality he should have taken your advice for what it's worth. These people are usually the same though, and they ignore the fact that they might not be nearly as good as they think they are.Edit: Oh and these are the dbags that hit and run midstakes/high stakes tables which is enough to warrant getting mad in the first place.

ok... ok... lol i dont take anything too personally its cool. all comments are fair. i asked a question and got answers lol...BUT maybe i should of told you whole story lol. your comments are compeltely fair.... after i reread what i said...before i ever won that satelite thing... i consistently beat the lower stakes... what i should of said is.. AFTER ive eperienced the higher limits.. i find it hard to go back down to the lower stakes i was once used to... is that clearer? i undersatnd that my first post gave impression i got lucky once and then tried to say im good...hopefully that makes more sense..thanks

ok... ok... lol i dont take anything too personally its cool. all comments are fair. i asked a question and got answers lol...BUT maybe i should of told you whole story lol. your comments are compeltely fair.... after i reread what i said...before i ever won that satelite thing... i consistently beat the lower stakes... what i should of said is.. AFTER ive eperienced the higher limits.. i find it hard to go back down to the lower stakes i was once used to... is that clearer? i undersatnd that my first post gave impression i got lucky once and then tried to say im good...hopefully that makes more sense..thanks
play within your bankroll. If you cant do this... Find another hobby.
play within your bankroll. If you cant do this... Find another hobby.
What hobbys would you think would be best for the young man ?i am voteing backgammon