Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

You follow the Moose? Hows Hodgson looking?
He put up 1g-1a in his first 2 games, but nothing in the next 2 games. I think he's mostly playing on the 2nd or 3rd line.
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=279374cliffnotes: The Neidermayer brothers are hinting strongly that they want to sign with the Canucks. Scotty is exactly the kind of D-man we are missing on the back end and probally exactly what we are missing from a winning leader. I would be for it if the Sedins are resigned and the deal with the Neidermayers is for 1 year. Probally would take them moving Bieksa, Salo or Mitchel and getting nothing back salary wise but Scotty is a guy that the Canucks have never had at the back end.
I thought it was a long shot but Eklund said it wont happen so its pretty much a lock now.

Rypien re-signed for 2 years, $550k per year.Basically a small raise on his last contract, which is fair considering he's only played 41 games as a Canuck.

Rypien re-signed for 2 years, $550k per year.Basically a small raise on his last contract, which is fair considering he's only played 41 games as a Canuck.
Thats a good number for him considering he was unrestricted. A very solid 3rd liner if he can stay healthy imo.Sounds like the Sedins might sign a 10 year deal with a cap hit of between 4.6-5 mill a peice. that would be very good news if it comes true. Gives them room for a solid mid tier FA pick up or a first teir if they move some salary. apparently Gaborik' agent contacted a Vancouver realtor regarding some housing availability. Could be a decent gamble if he is willing to sign a 1 year deal. Sedin/Sedin/Burrows and Gaborik/Kessler/Demitra would be a very good top 2 lines.
Sounds like the Sedins might sign a 10 year deal with a cap hit of between 4.6-5 mill a peice. that would be very good news if it comes true. Gives them room for a solid mid tier FA pick up or a first teir if they move some salary. apparently Gaborik' agent contacted a Vancouver realtor regarding some housing availability. Could be a decent gamble if he is willing to sign a 1 year deal. Sedin/Sedin/Burrows and Gaborik/Kessler/Demitra would be a very good top 2 lines.
Where did you hear all of this?From what I've gathered, Gillis doesn't like long-term contracts. I understand the strategy though, it's what Detroit has done with Zetterberg and Franzen.Gaborik would be a good gamble if it's not too costly and not long-term because of his obvious injury risk.
Where did you hear all of this?From what I've gathered, Gillis doesn't like long-term contracts. I understand the strategy though, it's what Detroit has done with Zetterberg and Franzen.Gaborik would be a good gamble if it's not too costly and not long-term because of his obvious injury risk.
Sedins long term rumour comes from Dan Murphy. I am not sure of the source on the Gaborik rumour but it is believable since he has been talked about from the first day Gillis got here.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=279374cliffnotes: The Neidermayer brothers are hinting strongly that they want to sign with the Canucks. Scotty is exactly the kind of D-man we are missing on the back end and probally exactly what we are missing from a winning leader. I would be for it if the Sedins are resigned and the deal with the Neidermayers is for 1 year. Probally would take them moving Bieksa, Salo or Mitchel and getting nothing back salary wise but Scotty is a guy that the Canucks have never had at the back end.
Can we just take Scott? If we lose Ohlund for Scotty that works for me...the guy can still play at 35 yrs old and we tonnes of solid D-men to keep his legs fresh.any news on what will happen to Mats?
Can we just take Scott? If we lose Ohlund for Scotty that works for me...the guy can still play at 35 yrs old and we tonnes of solid D-men to keep his legs fresh.any news on what will happen to Mats?
Its weird both him and the Canucks say he is very intrested in returning. Hefty pay cut would be necessary. I thought there was no doubt he would retire.
Its weird both him and the Canucks say he is very intrested in returning. Hefty pay cut would be necessary. I thought there was no doubt he would retire.
It would be such a crappy way to retire though and I think Sundin realizes the Canucks really aren't that far off from building a Stanley Cup contender. If Mats trains properly going into the regular season and plays like the guy we know he is then the Canucks are in a good place. I think the twins are more likely to stay to play with a countryman and there's still money left to add some quality players or 1 excellent player.

Heard Neil Mcrae on the radio this morning and what he said wasnt good. A drunken executive really high up in the Canucks organization let it slip that the Sedins are as good as gone with there 5 year 40 million a peice demands. He also said Loungo is gonna be gone this Summer aswell. I wonder who it was, Neil said it was someone in the organization as high up as you can be.

Heard Neil Mcrae on the radio this morning and what he said wasnt good. A drunken executive really high up in the Canucks organization let it slip that the Sedins are as good as gone with there 5 year 40 million a peice demands. He also said Loungo is gonna be gone this Summer aswell. I wonder who it was, Neil said it was someone in the organization as high up as you can be.
:club: I really hope you're wrong. I'm going to start a new thread and pretend I didn't see your post.