Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

I hear the VGH is treating a lot of broken ankles tonight from all those jumping off the band wagon.
Lol, Vancouver fans turn on their teams very fast. There are also A LOT of fair weather fans that always seem to get tickets to GM Place.
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Grabner...Has been offered in a trade..Any report on this kid....??Is he gonna play, is he good,..Thanks

you're a fan of Vancouver and Ottawa? enough to say "we" and "our" in the respective threads I mean. weird.
Yes. I was a fan of Vancouver when I was younger because of Bure. I've always liked them since then. Since I've lived in Ottawa my whole life and the Sens have been good for a number of years its impossible not to cheer for them on some level. I do like Vancouver the most though.
Michael Grabner...Has been offered in a trade..Any report on this kid....??Is he gonna play, is he good,..Thanks
He has a good shot and is very fast, lacks in the defensive aspects though

I imagine because it's an East/West thing, it's easier since you don't have them playing each other a lotif this team is 9th or 10th come close to trade deadline, do they trade Sundin or bite the bullet and hope for the best?they probably have to bite but I think that'd be the wrong decision.

I imagine because it's an East/West thing, it's easier since you don't have them playing each other a lotif this team is 9th or 10th come close to trade deadline, do they trade Sundin or bite the bullet and hope for the best?they probably have to bite but I think that'd be the wrong decision.
Sundin has a NTC and he probably wouldn't approve a trade. He doesn't want to be a rental player. :club:
The team has cap space so no matter what their position, unless they fall out by 15+ points they will be buyers. The whole point of getting Sundin was supposed to be to make this team a playoff contender so missing the playoffs would be completely unacceptable.
The team has cap space so no matter what their position, unless they fall out by 15+ points they will be buyers. The whole point of getting Sundin was supposed to be to make this team a playoff contender so missing the playoffs would be completely unacceptable.
QFTIt's not like the Canucks have been bad all year long, they showed at the start of the season they can be a top team and that was without Sundin.

I dunno if it's a good or a bad thing but they've got noooobody signed long term (well just Edler). only know in a few years.I just think it's very unrealistic to think they're going to win this year or even have a decent chance at it. And, they might lose a lot of their top guys this year (and Luongo next year. yikes). I guess they're doing the last hurrah thing even if they don't think they are.

I dunno if it's a good or a bad thing but they've got noooobody signed long term (well just Edler). only know in a few years.I just think it's very unrealistic to think they're going to win this year or even have a decent chance at it. And, they might lose a lot of their top guys this year (and Luongo next year. yikes). I guess they're doing the last hurrah thing even if they don't think they are.
Maybe this isn't the worst thing in the world though. With the uncertainty with the cap we aren't handcuffed with any stupid contracts. I'd like us to resign the Sedins before this year is over and then worry about what holes we need to plug when the cap is determined. The team does have 4 defencemen locked up next year and another that is a RFA. We only have 5 forwards signed for next year but also 5 RFA's. Resign the Sedins and then they probably only have to worry about 1, maybe 2 FA's in the off season.

do you think if they miss the playoffs this year or lose in the first round, Luongo will not sign an extension?I don't know where else the twins would go but they're worth what? 5 mill each at least? they're stuck with three Dmen being paid 3.5 each and none to me are big difference makers (bieksa, mitchell, salo). they've never had that guy on the back end who produces (but not many do). Maybe they can afford JayBo with the departures of Mats, and Ohlund. three of those forwards you're talking about either signed or RFA are big ? to me. Bernier, Wellwood, and Demitra. Demitra is locked up but overpaid I think. Bernier looks busty (and he's given up the poutine). Wellwood will get a raise and probably come down to earth next year. 3rd and 4th lines seem o k thoughthe whole situation just looks like a mess to me (edit: well bordering very close to a mess to be more exact)

Maybe this isn't the worst thing in the world though. With the uncertainty with the cap we aren't handcuffed with any stupid contracts. I'd like us to resign the Sedins before this year is over and then worry about what holes we need to plug when the cap is determined. The team does have 4 defencemen locked up next year and another that is a RFA. We only have 5 forwards signed for next year but also 5 RFA's. Resign the Sedins and then they probably only have to worry about 1, maybe 2 FA's in the off season.
Are all the teams in the NHL "your" team???
You've asked this before and some one else asked it yesterday. Pay attention.
sorry i missed your answer and maybe forgot..Its not normal to support more than one team like you do. IMO FWIW
I know many people and in different sports that like more then 1 team. If I had grown up in Vancouver then I'd probably hate Ottawa.
Well at least they arent rivals so its ok..I have a couple of friends here in Toronto that will cheer for the Leafs and the Habs..Thats just sick and ridicolous.
do you think if they miss the playoffs this year or lose in the first round, Luongo will not sign an extension?I don't know where else the twins would go but they're worth what? 5 mill each at least? they're stuck with three Dmen being paid 3.5 each and none to me are big difference makers (bieksa, mitchell, salo). they've never had that guy on the back end who produces (but not many do). Maybe they can afford JayBo with the departures of Mats, and Ohlund. three of those forwards you're talking about either signed or RFA are big ? to me. Bernier, Wellwood, and Demitra. Demitra is locked up but overpaid I think. Bernier looks busty (and he's given up the poutine). Wellwood will get a raise and probably come down to earth next year. 3rd and 4th lines seem o k thoughthe whole situation just looks like a mess to me (edit: well bordering very close to a mess to be more exact)
I think it depends on what the team looks like going forward if the miss the playoffs or are bounced early. Lets say the Sedins then walk, we can't sign Hossa and/or Gaborik and Sundin retires or goes elsewhere then I think he jumps ship for sure. In fact we probably trade him if we are stuck with Demitra as are only real top 6 forward as we will suck hard.There are 3 scenarios, 2 of which we are still good next year. The first one I just mentioned. The 2nd, we resign the Sedins, Hodgson steps in as our 2nd line centre and we fill in another top 6 forward spot with a FA or a young player stepping up. We basically have the same team as this year just Hodgson instead of Sundin and our young guys have had another year of developmentThe 3rd option is we let the Sedins walk but are able to grab Hossa and Gaborik which has been rumored we will try and do. Our top 6 then consist of Demitra, Hossa, Gaborik, Hodgson and then a couple fo the young guys like Bernier, Raymond, Hansen, etc. If guys like Gaborik and Demitra stay healthy we would likely have a stronger lineup then last year.There is always the chance that Sundin wants to resign in Vancouver and that would make things interesting for sure.I don't think we necessarily need a Chars or J-Bo. 2 years ago Bieksa put up 42 points in 81 games. This year he has 24 in 39. Edler is improving on his numbers from last year and should end up around 30 points. If we can have Bieksa at 50 and Edler at 40 next year we will be more then fine. I'd assume we'd also have Salo, Mitchell and O'Brien back. We'd just have to try and resign Ohlund or pick up a comparable player in the off season.I do think Demitra is over paid but considering we had so much cap space this year I don't mind. It also increases our chances of getting Gaborik next year. Plus we only have him signed for one more year anyways. Bernier will probably take a pay cut next year. He should end with about 40 points and could possibly push 50 next year. I could see us letting Wellwood walk unless we do have trouble resigning/signing players net year.Ideally I'd like to see our top 6 consist of the Sedins, Demitra, Hodgson, Gaborik and then one of the young guys. Keep the 3rd line as Burrows, Kesler, anyone and 4th line Hordichuk, Johsnon, anyone.Mike Gillis has done a better job then most of us have expected so I think he will get something done.