Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

I'm interested to see what we do with Schneider in the future. If he gets in a couple of games and does well and legitimately looks like a #1 goalie do we trade him at the deadline or do we hold onto him and try and trade Luongo in the summer or pull a Montreal and trade him at the deadline next year and run with Schneider.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see what we do with Schneider in the future. If he gets in a couple of games and does well and legitimately looks like a #1 goalie do we trade him at the deadline or do we hold onto him and try and trade Luongo in the summer or pull a Montreal and trade him at the deadline next year and run with Schneider.
Hold him till this summer and if you sign Luongo to an extension trade Schneider and if they cant sign Luongo trade Lou and go with Schneider. I am pretty sure they will get something done with Lou this summer unless he doesnt want to be in Vancouver which I have not seen any evidence of in his words and in his body language.
I'm hearing early rumblings that Luongo is gonna be gone 2-3 months. I hope that's not true but if it is hopefully this can be Schneider's chance to shine at the NHL level.
wow..really??That sucks..I dont think there is a chance the Canucks can compete without him IMO
I'm hearing early rumblings that Luongo is gonna be gone 2-3 months. I hope that's not true but if it is hopefully this can be Schneider's chance to shine at the NHL level.
Probably more like 4-5 weeks.http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/as...erto-luongo.php
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Linden is a class act. I'm not sure about the details and what went on with the NHLPA fiasco but I won't hold that against him...he did a helluva lot for children, charity, etc...

Wow I am truly shocked they got Sundin. I thought all along that they were looking to look like they wanted to spend the money but secretly didnt want too. A 1 year deal to which is sweet because if he were to get 10 for next year with the cap going down the Sedins would be gone.

Wow I am truly shocked they got Sundin. I thought all along that they were looking to look like they wanted to spend the money but secretly didnt want too. A 1 year deal to which is sweet because if he were to get 10 for next year with the cap going down the Sedins would be gone.
2 things. Cap probably isn't going down, maybe even up. Second, there are rumors that the Sedins could be gone anyways and that Vancouver will try and land Gaborik and Hossa. The 2 are friends and apparently want to play together. Don't forget that Demitra is friends with Gaborik (not sure if he is friends with Hossa too). Just rumors but you never know. I am happy too though that either way we will have that money to either try and resign them or bring in a big name or two. Who knows, maybe Sundin will enjoy Vancouver and sign for just a couple of million next year so he can play in the Olympics and go for one last shot at the cup if Vancouver fails this year.

I KNEW this could happen..Sundin w00t!!!this is like team Sweden but they traded Forsberg for Luongo.very excited to see how the Nucks are running come late january.

Glad he's here. Wish it didn't take so long though :)We still have 3 ish M left under the cap this year too and could be looking to buy still. (Gaborik? Horton?) As long as Lu comes back healthy I think the Nucks have a serious shot this year.

Glad he's here. Wish it didn't take so long though :)We still have 3 ish M left under the cap this year too and could be looking to buy still. (Gaborik? Horton?) As long as Lu comes back healthy I think the Nucks have a serious shot this year.
This injury to Lou might have a silver lining if he can fully recover. He looked like he was burning out down the stretch last year with his workload. I would rather they take a run at a guy like Shanny where they wont have to gut there prospect list(already not very deep). Besides they could use a little mor Canadian influence up front. Horton would be good but I dont think Florida will part with him the way there going, they need to win now.