Vancouver Canucks Fanclub

This is one of the most bizarre version of the Canucks I've seen in a while. Luongo having some horrid GAA and Save% but has 3 shutouts in the early season including 2 in last 4 games. Wellwood goes from nearly out of the NHL to scoring 6 goals in 7 games. WTF!?!I hope the Nucks are just looking for their identity and get some consistency going...they could definitely cause some noise.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the most bizarre version of the Canucks I've seen in a while. Luongo having some horrid GAA and Save% but has 3 shutouts in the early season including 2 in last 4 games. Wellwood goes from nearly out of the NHL to scoring 6 goals in 7 games. WTF!?!I hope the Nucks are just looking for their identity and get some consistency going...they could definitely cause some noise.
If you look at who they have played and how many road games are under there belt you have to very happy with there record. Hopefully its like the Luongo of 2 years ago where it took him 6 weeks to get his game and when he did he was outstanding.edit: Sedins dont even look like 5 million dollar players let alone 7
If you look at who they have played and how many road games are under there belt you have to very happy with there record. Hopefully its like the Luongo of 2 years ago where it took him 6 weeks to get his game and when he did he was outstanding.edit: Sedins dont even look like 5 million dollar players let alone 7
Yea. Let them walk. I'm sure there are suitable FA's that we can sign next summer..
Think Lou just locked this weeks NHL first star. Good to see him back to old form.
holy crap...3 straight shutouts and 4 in 6 games. SICK!
holy crap...3 straight shutouts and 4 in 6 games. SICK!
Captain Lou is a pretty sick goalie..Way to go Vancouver.
nice win against the Leafs...I'm happy for Wellwood but also a bit concerned that he's leading the team in goals.
You dont need to score goals...you have the best goalie ever to play the game.( a slight exaggeration but you know what i mean)

Luongo is sitting Thursday. I totally understand he should get a day off on one of these back to backs. But why against Minnesota? I'd MUCH rather he sat tonight and played in the division game tomorrow. Yes I'd like to win both but given a choice I'd rather win the Minny game and we have a much better shot at it with Lu between the pipes. End mini rant.

Luongo is sitting Thursday. I totally understand he should get a day off on one of these back to backs. But why against Minnesota? I'd MUCH rather he sat tonight and played in the division game tomorrow. Yes I'd like to win both but given a choice I'd rather win the Minny game and we have a much better shot at it with Lu between the pipes. End mini rant.
So obv we win both and it's a non issue. Still not sure if the Canucks are as good as they have looked. Guess time will tell.
Still not sure if the Canucks are as good as they have looked. Guess time will tell.
One thing I can say is this years group seems much more like a team. Everyone is having fun and seems to enjoy playing together. This has been a team with a black cloud over it since the 2003-2004 season. I think Gillis deserves some credit, as do the emergence of new leaders like Kesler and Mitchell. A close knit, well coached team can win a lot more games than they should.
Hopefully its only a week long injury. Also, wtf Sedin! Score that goal yourself. Don't pass to Demitra. I don't want Serge catching me in goals.
NO, PASS IT TO DEMITRA EVERYTIME!!!LIMIDONKS NEED THE GOALS!========gg guys, played well.