Has Anyone played MAG yet? I think I'm going to rent it later this week and give it a go.Also looking forward to Heavy Rain later this month, although that will probably just be a rental too with only 8-10 hours of gameplay.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Legacy sticks reverse the function of left and right between the two sticks. it's also called the "goldeneye" setup because it's more like how the first real console FPS with full range of motion (goldeneye) functioned. It's more advantageous to people who like to strafe and it's been an available control scheme for almost every major 2 stick console FPS since Halo:CE. There was a huge thread on the 2k games forums about this in the first bioshock, with a guy who even developed for the 360 pointing out how easy it would have been to inclue or patch in, and they ignored it. Also leaving it out of this version is just really bad, especially when they claimed you'd be able to completely customize your controls. It's extremely frustrating if you've played hundreds and hundreds of hours with a certain control scheme and to play 1 game you have to train your thumbs to do something different, and screws you up bad when you go back to COD, etc.

Legacy sticks reverse the function of left and right between the two sticks. it's also called the "goldeneye" setup because it's more like how the first real console FPS with full range of motion (goldeneye) functioned. It's more advantageous to people who like to strafe and it's been an available control scheme for almost every major 2 stick console FPS since Halo:CE. There was a huge thread on the 2k games forums about this in the first bioshock, with a guy who even developed for the 360 pointing out how easy it would have been to inclue or patch in, and they ignored it. Also leaving it out of this version is just really bad, especially when they claimed you'd be able to completely customize your controls. It's extremely frustrating if you've played hundreds and hundreds of hours with a certain control scheme and to play 1 game you have to train your thumbs to do something different, and screws you up bad when you go back to COD, etc.
Huh, never knew that. Well that does indeed blow. Doesn't seem like that should be such a hard thing to implement.

On the topic of control schemes, I cannot play with inverted aim at all. It seems so counter intuitive to me, yet it is the only thing some of my friends can use. Also, IW needs to put out those facking new maps now for MW2. So frustrated with most of the current maps, mainly on how 70% of them are terrible.

What exactly is legacy stick controls?I have found much love for a new set up in MW2.UMP / RDSM9Throwing KnifeStunMarathonLightweightCommandoIt's fun just running around knifing people. I did this during 5 TDM matches last night and got 20+kills and always positive K/D.Now I am conflicted. Do this or finish up the M4A1A Kills/Headshot challenges.
holy crap have you been racking up the kills. I just went on and you had passed me in Kills and really brought up your K/D ratio. For me if I am going to be knifing I really have to focus on just doing that. I have the hardest time just pulling out knife kills when I am not planning on it. I am getting so damn close to the 50 cal challenges.

Been craving some GTA action lately so I went and bought a 1600 MS Point today.Undecided about whether to get The Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony.

Been craving some GTA action lately so I went and bought a 1600 MS Point today.Undecided about whether to get The Lost and Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony.
to me I didn't like the lost and the damned. But after playing saints row 2 I had a real hard time going back to GTA.
holy crap have you been racking up the kills. I just went on and you had passed me in Kills and really brought up your K/D ratio. For me if I am going to be knifing I really have to focus on just doing that. I have the hardest time just pulling out knife kills when I am not planning on it. I am getting so damn close to the 50 cal challenges.
It helped being home sick on Monday. lolPlus now that I pretty much stay out of Objective games that has really helped my K/D.

Well now I do my knifing on Highrise, Rust, and Scrapyard.The rest of the time I will be slowly getting my 2500 kills on the M4 while actively trying to get a legit nuke.My Nuke set upM4 w/ RDSPP2000/RDSClaymoreStunScavenger ProHardline ProNinja ProHarrierChopper GunnerNuke

I just played through Metal Gear Solid 4. Having played the first 3 games in the PS series, I always thought 2 was one of my favorite games but 4 just blew it away. For its cut-scenes, I dont think any game has ever done it better. Gameplay was great and the story tied up everything from the original games.

Anyone play the BC2 beta? It's actually really cool, I think the multiplayer for this game is going to get more addicting than MW2.
I played some this weekend and had no clue what was going on and got my ass repeatedly handed to me. Flying a copter was cool though.
Anyone who's doing knife only kills should check out "onlyusemeblade" and "onlytheknife" on youtube. They post some sick videos of gameplay.
Those were pretty cool. Finally got my Gold Skull Blademaster Title this weekend.
this was a bit of an entertaining video to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9fyrSjOYLM&feature=fvw
Cool video but I would hate to have him as a teammate. Kept saying they can't win win they were winning and never once tried to get a domination point. Funny commentary though.I am a big fan of Hutch and Seananners on Machina.
Has Anyone played MAG yet? I think I'm going to rent it later this week and give it a go.Also looking forward to Heavy Rain later this month, although that will probably just be a rental too with only 8-10 hours of gameplay.
Did you rent Mag? I played the Beta and was not impressed at all. The game was very slow (lots of running to a spot) then getting there, having a small battle and doing it again.
GTA craving? bah on you PS3
to me I didn't like the lost and the damned. But after playing saints row 2 I had a real hard time going back to GTA.
just ordered SR2. I totally forgot about people raving about this title.

css. im still waiting to whoop speedlinks butt. imma wake n bake and play all day tomorrow. you are welcome to come die at my hands.steam id is Robert

Thoughts on Bioshock 2.Man this was a hard game to get into at the start. Without giving anything important, you just need to know that you are a Big Daddy this time around. Sounds cool but not really. You are a slow and oddly enough, one of the most fragile Big Daddy's. You have to fight many Big Daddy's in the game and while it will take you about 50 bullets, some fire, and some more bullets to kill one, they can kill you with 2 hits. Splicers(bad guys) attack you all the time but never go after all the other Big Daddy's. You have a mark on the palm of your hand that makes you different and they must see it from far away. Kind of weak.It's really slow at the start and not that much fun but now I am about halfway through and it is getting to be really good. Once you get some better weapons and plasmids things pick up. Still not as good as the first but it shows promise. I have read that the last 3 hours are amazing so I look forward to it.The multiplayer is retarded. It's like MW2 but in the Bioshock universe. Well maybe more like Team Fortress but not done well. Haven't played much and probably won't unless I try for a 1000/1000.

Thoughts on Bioshock 2.Man this was a hard game to get into at the start. Without giving anything important, you just need to know that you are a Big Daddy this time around. Sounds cool but not really. You are a slow and oddly enough, one of the most fragile Big Daddy's. You have to fight many Big Daddy's in the game and while it will take you about 50 bullets, some fire, and some more bullets to kill one, they can kill you with 2 hits. Splicers(bad guys) attack you all the time but never go after all the other Big Daddy's. You have a mark on the palm of your hand that makes you different and they must see it from far away. Kind of weak.It's really slow at the start and not that much fun but now I am about halfway through and it is getting to be really good. Once you get some better weapons and plasmids things pick up. Still not as good as the first but it shows promise. I have read that the last 3 hours are amazing so I look forward to it.The multiplayer is retarded. It's like MW2 but in the Bioshock universe. Well maybe more like Team Fortress but not done well. Haven't played much and probably won't unless I try for a 1000/1000.
I noticed a couple of things--Bioshock 2 feels less zany than the first one. There's no "Welcome to the Circus of Value" song, and I don't think the splicers are tapdancing as much.I don't play Bioshock 2 for the shooting action, so its limitations in that regard are bigger. I'm a casual gamer at best, so probably because I just played Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, but the persnickety aiming really bugged me.The things that it does well, it does so so well. I don't know of another video game that looks this good, with this much intelligence. (I have not finished this game--this is not a spoiler!) I don't know if another video game focused on Big Daddy's, Little Sister's, and Big Sister's would have a throw away reference to Demeter, the goddess of fertility. Either you catch it, or you don't--but the art direction and its depth are fantastic.The other game I've played through and enjoyed is Heavy Rain. It's biggest drawback for me is the control scheme, which never felt intuitive. It's paced differently, very noir, and a good, solid story. When I finished I didn't think I would be interested in replaying--now that I've had some time to think about it, and to read what other people are saying--I probably will fire it up again. The ending can be very different, depending on your interactions with different characters.
The other game I've played through and enjoyed is Heavy Rain. It's biggest drawback for me is the control scheme, which never felt intuitive. It's paced differently, very noir, and a good, solid story. When I finished I didn't think I would be interested in replaying--now that I've had some time to think about it, and to read what other people are saying--I probably will fire it up again. The ending can be very different, depending on your interactions with different characters.
Anybody here going to try "Heavy Rain"? I played the demo and am really on the fence.