I finished MW2 on Veteran on my first play-through without any trouble, kind of a let down. Thought that MW1 was much harder, especially that mission where you had to sit outside that carousel and fend off millions of waves of enemies until a helo comes to get you.Anyway, thought it was a pretty good story, came in at just under 7 hours (6:50) and now I'm working on some multiplayer action. Started out really well with a 2.33 K:D but has really slumped to somewhere around 1.2. I seem to get much more rando deaths, and when some dude goes off on a string of kill streaks against your team it's tough. Love the game

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Am I missing something or is there really no matchmaking for online Special Ops? I've played a few missions with a friend by inviting him, but I tried playing with a random person today and couldn't figure out how to do it.
I thought I remembered reading something about having to beat the game on SP before something in Spec Ops is available, could that be it maybe?

That is awesome. I am bummed I have not done that yet since I have throwing knives equipped on my M4 class and I always forget thinking that I am about to throw a grenade.Finished SP this weekend and enjoyed it but agree with aadams in that I was confused at the end. Started playing again on Veteran.I enjoy the special ops. Been doing it solo or with the wife. Think I hit 26 last night. I found Mosh Pit and that is my new favorite. I like the change each round and 12 player FFA's are fun.

Finished SP this weekend and enjoyed it but agree with aadams in that I was confused at the end. Started playing again on Veteran.

I'm thinking Makarov will be seen in the next game, but regarding the story line I think towards the end of SP it became clear it was Soap/Price's story and their side of it, it just so happened less of their own story was directly involved with Makarov, and more with Shepherd.

This weekend I watched and rewatched the different trailers for Bioshock 2.I read an article at the NY Times, talking about art and video games. I haven't played that much this year that made me think about art.I loved GTA IV, the game, including Lost and the Damned, and Gay Tony. I really liked Shadow Complex--it was a fresh take on a side scroller! Who knew that could feel fresh?I played Flower, but preferred Flow--and the article talked a lot about Passages. Since I'm strictly console only, I haven't tried it.Any other games feel like art? Like they're trying to do more?I'm 20 hours into Dragon Age, and still not loving it. My issues with the legibility of the text on the menu screen were alleviated when I started playing on a 50" tv. (Confidential to game developers--screw you. When did a 42" plasma be too small to enjoy playing a game?)

hey any cs:s players out there? ive been playing that game for 10 years lol steam ids?
Meh, I usually play 1.6 (but haven't done that in a long while) I tried Source out when it initially got released and they had a huge problem with hit boxes, so that put me off of it. I know it was a problem that got fixed but my friends and I all stuck with 1.6.
0.18 K/D ratio after my first time playing MPI need help imo.
My first MP match I went 2-12.Right now I am sitting at a 1.04 K/D ratio.Actually my first MP match of any kind I usually do poorly. Takes me a round to get it going. Plus I wouldn't worry about K/D ratio, just have fun. In CoD4 my ratio is under 1 and always has been, who cares.

Finally beat campaign on vet yesterday, really enjoyed it. Hopped right into MP and am at 21 already with a ~1.3 k/d. Love the game still obv, but the maps are wayyy too big with too many random windows and rooftops, definitely enables a lot more camping which is pretty irritating. Also, (in ffa at least), spawn points seem reallllly bad, as 90% of the time the person you just killed spawns very close to you, often behind you or to the sides.

Finally beat campaign on vet yesterday, really enjoyed it. Hopped right into MP and am at 21 already with a ~1.3 k/d. Love the game still obv, but the maps are wayyy too big with too many random windows and rooftops, definitely enables a lot more camping which is pretty irritating. Also, (in ffa at least), spawn points seem reallllly bad, as 90% of the time the person you just killed spawns very close to you, often behind you or to the sides.
Gotta disagree with you here.I think IW did a great job designing the maps to make camping more difficult. Every single room usually has two or more ways of getting in now. In COD4, you could camp in a room, set up a claymore by the only entrance, and be alerted when someone was coming. Now MW2 has maps like Favela, which do have a bunch of windows and rooftops but you can't hang around them too long before someone comes after you.I agree on the spawning though. Hopefully it's something that's addressed in a future patch.Overall still enjoying the game immensely though. I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get my k/d ration back to a respectable number after butchering it with a drunk session Saturday night.
Gotta disagree with you here.I think IW did a great job designing the maps to make camping more difficult. Every single room usually has two or more ways of getting in now. In COD4, you could camp in a room, set up a claymore by the only entrance, and be alerted when someone was coming. Now MW2 has maps like Favela, which do have a bunch of windows and rooftops but you can't hang around them too long before someone comes after you.I agree on the spawning though. Hopefully it's something that's addressed in a future patch.Overall still enjoying the game immensely though. I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get my k/d ration back to a respectable number after butchering it with a drunk session Saturday night.
But I mean they've basically hardcore-ified the health system so you don't have a chance to react when getting shot by a camper at all, the fact that there are so many places to go enables the camping and can cause you to get shot whenever turning a corner and such.It's fairly easy to counter once you adjust to the game, but to say they balanced it so camping isn't as effective in MW2 is silly because it was never a problem in MW1. I'm stilling owning in this game, but it does get pretty frustrating.

I semi-impulsively picked up a Wii system and a copy of the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game last night at Best Buy. Not sure why as I'm sure MW2 will continue to take up most of my gaming time. Anyway, new Mario game is pretty good, any other must have titles for the Wii?

I semi-impulsively picked up a Wii system and a copy of the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game last night at Best Buy. Not sure why as I'm sure MW2 will continue to take up most of my gaming time. Anyway, new Mario game is pretty good, any other must have titles for the Wii?
i'm sure at least one of their collections of mini-games is pretty swell.
If you like Mario games you can't have a Wii without getting Mario Galaxy. Best game I've played on the Wii so far. I'm planning on getting the Super Mario Bros and can't wait for Mario Galaxy 2 coming out 1Q 2010 I believe.