• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

what a dumb ass. I am happy to say I haven't thrown my controller for a long time. I just tend to swear a lot. Specially while playing COD 4.
COD4 and Tiger Woods will make me swear.For the COD4 players, do you just have days where no matter what you do you just can't kill anyone? I hate those days. I usually suck my first game then I settle in but then there are days where it seems by bullets are made of rubber and my aim is always off no matter what I do.
COD4 and Tiger Woods will make me swear.For the COD4 players, do you just have days where no matter what you do you just can't kill anyone? I hate those days. I usually suck my first game then I settle in but then there are days where it seems by bullets are made of rubber and my aim is always off no matter what I do.
yup most definetly have those days. Playing hard core team death match and if feels like you take two steps and boom you go down then you spawn turn the corner and boom dead again.
definitely see that in TF2 PC. the console players really sucked from what I saw of my roommate playing it on his 360, but on the PC, you have snipers raining arrows down, soldiers shooting rockets at common pathing places, etc.I usually get pretty angry and have been known to answer the phone "WHAT?!" after about seven rings.
Bitches just want to get with you!
  • 3 weeks later...

Sigh...looks like I'm going to have to send in my 2nd Xbox 360 in less than a year for repair.I sent in my 360 Elite back in February because of the red ring of death. Because I did not want to go a long time without my system, I purchased an Arcade version. When I got the Elite back, I sold it minus the 120gb on Craigslist and kept the Arcade.Now the Arcade (which is about 6 months old) has gone to shit too. The system will not recognize any discs in the disc drive. After some googling I found out it's probably the laser that needs to be cleaned. There's actually some tutorials on youtube on how to fix it, but it would require me to open up the console obv. and since it's still under warranty, I figured I might as well send it in to microsoft instead. I put in the repair order online today so I should be getting the pre-labeled shipping box sometime in the middle of the week and then expect to get the system back in like 2 weeks or so.This whole shit's really pissing me off man. I've always been one to defend the 360 against all the PS3 fanboys, but having TWO brand new systems go out within less than a year of buying them is completely unacceptable. I do commend Microsoft for fixing it free of charge but still, it's total bullshit.Now that the PS3 Slim was recently announced with a $299 price tag I'm strongly considering buying that. I probably won't get rid of my 360 once I get it back because there's still a few 360 exclusive games that are worth keeping the system, but I may be doing most of my gaming on a PS3 from now on. Plus, I just purchased a 42'' LCD for my room not too long ago so the Blue Ray player on the PS3 is a big incentive.

Yeah, mine red ringed on me right after the latest update. As soon as it completed the download it froze, and red ringed upon restart. Did some research and found out that this has happened to a bit of people, so it seems it's not an isolated incident. I have a launch Premium console, so good game on the warranty. Now I'm debating three options. 1) Bitch my way on the phone to customer support in the hopes that they'll repair it for free.2) Take the lazier route and just pony up the $100 to repair it3) Wait for the imminent Elite price drop to $299 and snag that up at the end of the month (rumored), scrap the old box.

Got my first "angry message" from a CoD4 player yesterday.Jumped on a HQ game and landed in the middle of a match on Wet Works. The team I landed on was losing 160 - 0. I had my sniper class selected and headed to the end of the map and set up shop with another sniper. In no time at all I racked up 13 kills and we were losing 225-0. This dude comes up to me and starts shooting me and knifing me. Ok, whatever dude. So the game ends and we go to the lobby and he sends me a message. My stats were 13-0-0."u r a moron"Ok, whatever. We start the next game on District and he is on the opposing side.My team wins 250-30I went 32 -x - 12 with a score of 580ish because I captured almost all the HQ's. My new pen pal went 3- 2 -26 for a score of 47 points.Next map is Ambush and we are on opposing sides. We are winning 225- 75 I have 42 kills and under 20 deaths and he is on the other team and has 6 kills and over 30 deaths. I stop mid game to message him back and point out that he may suck at this game and should refrain from talking shit in the future as it generally makes you look stupid to call someone out who in three games has gone roughly 87 - 24 and you have gone 9-50.I left after that game and put in FIFA and an hour later he messages me back and says I am a fag. All in all I enjoyed it.

Now the Arcade (which is about 6 months old) has gone to shit too. The system will not recognize any discs in the disc drive. After some googling I found out it's probably the laser that needs to be cleaned. There's actually some tutorials on youtube on how to fix it, but it would require me to open up the console obv. and since it's still under warranty, I figured I might as well send it in to microsoft instead. I put in the repair order online today so I should be getting the pre-labeled shipping box sometime in the middle of the week and then expect to get the system back in like 2 weeks or so.
This is what happenend to mine around 3 days ago but my warranty is up. I opened my Xbox up to clean the laser but it still couldn't read the disk so I just bought a new disk drive. Opening the Xbox was surprisingly easy and the new drive only cost $24 dollars so I'm actually not to worried about it breaking again as it seems easy to fix any errors yourself.

Shadow Complex is a great download(iffin' I'm not the only person with a functioning XBox), and for $15, might be on my short list for game of the year. Super easy control scheme, and a fresh take on the traditional side to side scroller.Fun.

Sigh...looks like I'm going to have to send in my 2nd Xbox 360 in less than a year for repair.I sent in my 360 Elite back in February because of the red ring of death. Because I did not want to go a long time without my system, I purchased an Arcade version. When I got the Elite back, I sold it minus the 120gb on Craigslist and kept the Arcade.Now the Arcade (which is about 6 months old) has gone to shit too. The system will not recognize any discs in the disc drive. After some googling I found out it's probably the laser that needs to be cleaned. There's actually some tutorials on youtube on how to fix it, but it would require me to open up the console obv. and since it's still under warranty, I figured I might as well send it in to microsoft instead. I put in the repair order online today so I should be getting the pre-labeled shipping box sometime in the middle of the week and then expect to get the system back in like 2 weeks or so.This whole shit's really pissing me off man. I've always been one to defend the 360 against all the PS3 fanboys, but having TWO brand new systems go out within less than a year of buying them is completely unacceptable. I do commend Microsoft for fixing it free of charge but still, it's total bullshit.Now that the PS3 Slim was recently announced with a $299 price tag I'm strongly considering buying that. I probably won't get rid of my 360 once I get it back because there's still a few 360 exclusive games that are worth keeping the system, but I may be doing most of my gaming on a PS3 from now on. Plus, I just purchased a 42'' LCD for my room not too long ago so the Blue Ray player on the PS3 is a big incentive.
The PS3's are only marginally better in the console dependability category. My HDMI port went out on mine in a little over a year, and Sony wanted $150 to fix it. Also, PSN is complete joke compared to Xbox Live. About all my PS3 is used for anymore is as a DVD/Blu-Ray player. However, those are my experiences, and you should base yours on the types of games you want to play. For me my 360 (which has also red ringed on me) gets about 95% of my gaming time with the other 5% split between the PS3 and Wii.
The PS3's are only marginally better in the console dependability category. My HDMI port went out on mine in a little over a year, and Sony wanted $150 to fix it. Also, PSN is complete joke compared to Xbox Live. About all my PS3 is used for anymore is as a DVD/Blu-Ray player. However, those are my experiences, and you should base yours on the types of games you want to play. For me my 360 (which has also red ringed on me) gets about 95% of my gaming time with the other 5% split between the PS3 and Wii.
Show me this "marginally" better statistic please.Just because you had a bad hdmi doesn't make it anywhere close to the RROD issue. I hardly know a person with a 360 who has had no issues at all.
Show me this "marginally" better statistic please.Just because you had a bad hdmi doesn't make it anywhere close to the RROD issue. I hardly know a person with a 360 who has had no issues at all.
My HDMI on my PS3 failed.I've had my 360 for a year longer than my PS3 and it gets 3-4x as much use. Never had an issue.

Interesting poll in Game Informer this month.5000 readers were polled:Console Failure Rate:54.2% 36010.6% PS36.8% Wii% of console owners who suffered a second hardware failure after original repair:41.2% 36014.7% PS311% Wii(Seems that Xbox has a better success rate at repairing at least)% of people who rate their customer service experience as "very helpful":56.1% 36051.1% PS337.7% Wii% of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures:69.9% 36012.4% PS36% Wii% of respondents who said they would never buy a 360 again because of a their systems failure:3.8%(everyone loves their 360)% of owners of faild systems who've bought more than one:36.4% 36013.4% PS38.4% WiiThey also point out that people play their Wii way less than the 360 and Ps3 which could account for less failures.

Interesting poll in Game Informer this month.5000 readers were polled:Console Failure Rate:54.2% 36010.6% PS36.8% Wii% of console owners who suffered a second hardware failure after original repair:41.2% 36014.7% PS311% Wii(Seems that Xbox has a better success rate at repairing at least)% of people who rate their customer service experience as "very helpful":56.1% 36051.1% PS337.7% Wii% of respondents whose friends have had console hardware failures:69.9% 36012.4% PS36% Wii% of respondents who said they would never buy a 360 again because of a their systems failure:3.8%(everyone loves their 360)% of owners of faild systems who've bought more than one:36.4% 36013.4% PS38.4% WiiThey also point out that people play their Wii way less than the 360 and Ps3 which could account for less failures.
no matter how many problems I get with my xbox there is no way I would ever give it up. I have been lucky to have had just one RROD and it took about 2-2.5 years to finally get it. Now I have the elite and I love it. yeah and as far as my wii I think the last time I played it was when my 5yr old nephew came to my house which was about 3 months ago. And I think before that I played it when wii fit came out. has been a definite waste of money in my eyes.
They also point out that people play their Wii way less than the 360 and Ps3 which could account for less failures.
Nintendo has always built solid products. That % isn't skewed, put up the total number of consoles sold in comparison and it shows just how reliable the Wii is.My 360 is an elite model which from all accounts has the least amount of RROD occurrences of all hardware versions of the 360.
They also point out that people play their Wii way less than the 360 and Ps3 which could account for less failures.
The Wii isn't a next gen console like the 360 and the PS3. It's got that controller, which I dislike more and more, and the Nintendo catalog. I don't like the Wii that much, but I want to play a new Paper Mario.
Nintendo has always built solid products. That % isn't skewed, put up the total number of consoles sold in comparison and it shows just how reliable the Wii is.My 360 is an elite model which from all accounts has the least amount of RROD occurrences of all hardware versions of the 360.
The fans on my Xbox went and it's being fixed right now, it wasnt very old but got alot of use. Seems like Xboxs are made to break though since this is my 3rd I think.
Nintendo has always built solid products. That % isn't skewed, put up the total number of consoles sold in comparison and it shows just how reliable the Wii is.
While I don't know if I completely disagree with you, the stts show that 41.4% of Wii owners play their console 1 hour or less on average per day compared to the 360 owners (3-5 hours a day 40.3%) and PS3 owners (3-5 hours a day 37%).All the friends I know with Wii's that are played as much as I play my 360, more than half had failures.