• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

officially obsessed with UFC 2009 Undisputed. Been getting an e73 error on my out-of-warranty 360, so it'll need to be replaced soon, but at least the toothpick/overheating trick is working for now.

Picked up Gears of War and Bioshock last night for under $35. I have rented both and obviously are must haves, just never got around to getting them till now.
To this day I still play Gears 1 online.
officially obsessed with UFC 2009 Undisputed. Been getting an e73 error on my out-of-warranty 360, so it'll need to be replaced soon, but at least the toothpick/overheating trick is working for now.
I hate how they force retirement after 7 years. I can appreciate that THQ wanted to avoid people creating these God like fighters in career mode and then using them during online play, but there has to be a better solution than this. Online play is basically worthless with all the people who habitually disconnect, career mode is no fun during the first 75% of the fighter's career, and exhibitions are just meh. Why couldn't they have done what Fight Night does where your guy begins to gradually deteriorate each week after he gets old? Much more fun that way, imo.
I hate how they force retirement after 7 years. I can appreciate that THQ wanted to avoid people creating these God like fighters in career mode and then using them during online play, but there has to be a better solution than this. Online play is basically worthless with all the people who habitually disconnect, career mode is no fun during the first 75% of the fighter's career, and exhibitions are just meh. Why couldn't they have done what Fight Night does where your guy begins to gradually deteriorate each week after he gets old? Much more fun that way, imo.
I guess it's amazing how two people can see things totally differently. For me I like the seven years. You can get in about 30 something fights which on average is probably way more than most UFC fighters in their career. Secondly yeah there are a lot of disconnects but at the same time you get a lot of great matches. And the exhibitions are just a way to try out guys that you would never otherwise play with. I did the achievement to fight with every guy in exhibitions so it was a cool way to find new guys to try online. And as far as a short career I am working on my 5th guy to win another title.
I guess it's amazing how two people can see things totally differently. For me I like the seven years. You can get in about 30 something fights which on average is probably way more than most UFC fighters in their career. Secondly yeah there are a lot of disconnects but at the same time you get a lot of great matches. And the exhibitions are just a way to try out guys that you would never otherwise play with. I did the achievement to fight with every guy in exhibitions so it was a cool way to find new guys to try online. And as far as a short career I am working on my 5th guy to win another title.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great game with a particularly elegant control scheme. But I find starting a new career to be frustrating after you get used to playing with a level 4 or 5 CAF. Especially because I like the Muay Thai guys and they seem to particularly helpless until they get through the first camp and the high kick is unlocked.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great game with a particularly elegant control scheme. But I find starting a new career to be frustrating after you get used to playing with a level 4 or 5 CAF. Especially because I like the Muay Thai guys and they seem to particularly helpless until they get through the first camp and the high kick is unlocked.
Yeah that is true. I find the hardest time about 8-10 fights into your career. You can't just pound away and the competition tends to make a huge jump in skill level. I use wrestling or BJJ. So to not have the rubber guard until through level 2 makes it a bit tough.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello gamers.What is the best game review site out there for ps3 games? I fancy dusting off my extremely under-used ps3 and maybe getting a couple of games from ebay... going through google just now, there seems to be so many garbage sites which are either aimed at 10 year olds or just generally seem crap.Thanks.

Hello gamers.What is the best game review site out there for ps3 games? I fancy dusting off my extremely under-used ps3 and maybe getting a couple of games from ebay... going through google just now, there seems to be so many garbage sites which are either aimed at 10 year olds or just generally seem crap.Thanks.
My site of choice is IGN.Http://ps3.ign.com
god, I loved bioshock so much.can't describe how satisfying it was to beef up the wrench and go to town on splicers.
Finished it this week, loved it and about to go through it again to get another ending.
I've always found GameRankings.com pretty useful because they come up with an aggregated score for a game from several different reviews.
Here's a list of the top rated games of all time on the PS3. It's a safe bet that most of the titles on the top of the list are must own games, so I would start there.

New gameplay trailer for Modern Warfare 2. It shows off a new multiplayer feature that lets you choose your killstreak rewards, including taking command of an AC130. This game looks so ill, I can't wait.

Thanks for the site links... so, I've just bought BioShock and UFC 2009. There's a couple of others I saw which looked interesting for the future, like Dead Space, but I'll see how I get on with those first.Cheers.

New gameplay trailer for Modern Warfare 2. It shows off a new multiplayer feature that lets you choose your killstreak rewards, including taking command of an AC130. This game looks so ill, I can't wait.
wow those maps looks awesome. That last clip in the last seconds of the video was awesome.
wow those maps looks awesome. That last clip in the last seconds of the video was awesome.
LOL, completely missed that part the first time I watched. Pretty awesome indeed.

the new DLC Chapter for Gears of War 2 along with 7 new multiplayer maps came out todayalso Marvel v. Capcom 2 is due out tomorrowthe new DLC for Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta, is due out next weekas for PS3 (and other systems) game reviews I go with www.gametrailers.com, www.gamerankings.com, and www.screwattack.com. ScrewAttack has a video series on it called Buy It, Rent It, or F' It. They play the game on the video and tell, from their perspective, what the game is about and whether it's worth your time. Like all reviews however they all need to be taken with a grain of salt.