Just got in Garou.I would also not suggest picking it up if you're planning to go online to play.The netcode is atrocious. I don't know how this passed by quality control. They should be drug out into the street in shot for allowing this to be released like this.The game itself is fine. It graphically stands up well, even for a pre2k game. The controls are very smooth, some say on SRK (I haven't played this version) better than the PS2 or Dreamcast ports. I had no problem getting any moves out. It just felt smooth....offline.Online...it doesn't matter what the ping is with my opponent, I'm expecting at least 12 frames (at one point, a full second) of input lag. UN. ACCEPT. ABLE.I wanted to throw up. It feels like SNK offered me a lap dance, I paid them the money, then they sent out an 80-year old transsexual midget with one leg and then laughed in my face.That's how bad online is. It is so bad, that I am apprehensive about even buying King of Fighters XII, or King of Fighter 98 UM because the only competition I would be able to get in them would be online. In fact, any hopes SNK had of me pre-ordering KOFXII are now dashed because of this abortion of netcode they put into Garou.So like I said, if you are going to play it offline because you actually like playing against the computer (If so, get your head checked), or you have friends that come over to play all the time and want to pull this one out, get it. If you're lonely and want some online action, don't waste your time or money. Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is a much better option in XBLA for online fighting game action. If you're dead set on playing Garou online, just find the MAME rom, go to GGPO and set it up.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

anyone pick up Fight night Round 4? I was all excited to pick the game up however once I played the demo I was really disappointed. Just wondering how you guys liked it?

Finally got a new Wii game.Tiger Woods 2010. The control with this new wii motion thing is ridiculous. It reads your movements perfectly.I actually went to Gamestop and got the PS3 version, and I was just chatting with the dude working, and he mentioned the Wii version having this new control that is supposed to be crazy good. (I hadn't read up on it at that point.) So I'm like, I have Wii too, should I be getting that one? He's like, it's possible, then he looked and they were out of the bundle at that store.So he's like, go home, read some reviews and don't open the PS3 one yet. So I did... and changed my mind, went to another location and got the Wii version. It's pretty freaking amazing.I've only played 2 rounds, both on the Advanced setting, where it's more sensitive... and I think I was like +12 and +14.... It's tough. Which is a nice change.

Finally got a new Wii game.Tiger Woods 2010. The control with this new wii motion thing is ridiculous. It reads your movements perfectly.I actually went to Gamestop and got the PS3 version, and I was just chatting with the dude working, and he mentioned the Wii version having this new control that is supposed to be crazy good. (I hadn't read up on it at that point.) So I'm like, I have Wii too, should I be getting that one? He's like, it's possible, then he looked and they were out of the bundle at that store.So he's like, go home, read some reviews and don't open the PS3 one yet. So I did... and changed my mind, went to another location and got the Wii version. It's pretty freaking amazing.I've only played 2 rounds, both on the Advanced setting, where it's more sensitive... and I think I was like +12 and +14.... It's tough. Which is a nice change.
see I suck at real golf so I have no desire to play a video game based off of my golf swing. But I have heard from my friend that the game is pretty amazing.
see I suck at real golf so I have no desire to play a video game based off of my golf swing. But I have heard from my friend that the game is pretty amazing.
Agreed, I tried last years version on the Wii and kept slicing into the woods. Just because that's how it's likely to happen in real life doesn't mean I won't want to break my controller into 1,000 pieces after my first triple bogey.
Agreed, I tried last years version on the Wii and kept slicing into the woods. Just because that's how it's likely to happen in real life doesn't mean I won't want to break my controller into 1,000 pieces after my first triple bogey.
I haven't tried either version on the Wii, but this year's is significantly different because of the WiiMotion Plus add-on, which basically makes the motion control extremely accurate at a 1:1 ratio.
I +5'd my 2nd hole, lol.It's just a matter of keeping your wrist straight through impact.... which clearly I have problems with in real life too.
I +5'd my 2nd hole, lol.It's just a matter of keeping your wrist straight through impact.... which clearly I have problems with in real life too.
hank haney is going to have a lot of phone calls with people trying to help their wii golfing game.
anyone pick up Fight night Round 4? I was all excited to pick the game up however once I played the demo I was really disappointed. Just wondering how you guys liked it?
Just got it yesterday, I like it so far. Just starting legacy.Re-enacted Hagler/Hearns and it went 7 rounds until my ass was knocked out.

I told you guys that I had gotten the RROD again a couple weeks ago and had tried the towel fix. It worked for about 2 days and then crapped out again. The warranty on the box has long ago expired because this is one of the origanal series. My roomate searched around online some more and narrowed the issue down to some connections on the box that become un-saudered because of the systems heat issues. The fix: putting a heat gun to the connections so they re-sauder, whitout melting the other componenents around the connecions. Results: the xbox works again :club: I wasn't there when he did it but he apoparently wrapped alot of the peices in aluminium foil for protection.

My friend came over last night to blaze and play video games.We played Nazi Zombies on Shi No Numa on my 360 for the most part getting to level 15 (personal highest.)He also brought over his PS3 which we didn't really play but he left it over at my house so I'm probably going to game on that for a little while. He left me with KillZone 2 and MGS4. I've never played either, so any suggestions on which of the two has a better single player campaign?Is MGS4 one of those games where I have to know the backstory of the 1st 3 titles to know what the hell is going on?

My friend came over last night to blaze and play video games.We played Nazi Zombies on Shi No Numa on my 360 for the most part getting to level 15 (personal highest.)He also brought over his PS3 which we didn't really play but he left it over at my house so I'm probably going to game on that for a little while. He left me with KillZone 2 and MGS4. I've never played either, so any suggestions on which of the two has a better single player campaign?Is MGS4 one of those games where I have to know the backstory of the 1st 3 titles to know what the hell is going on?
I have no experience with Killzone whatsoever. As for MGS4...yes the story builds from the previous games, but it's not necessary to know it. Also MGS4 isn't your typical shooter. The basis of the game is stealth...ie...firing your gun isn't always the wisest decision.
the new Fallout 3 DLC for the 360 named "Point Lookout" is now out for those who didn't know
My husband finished it this weekend, he loved it, thinks it might be the best DLC he's played.

So when I pre-ordered Street Fighter 4 from Gamestop, they took the actual release date to process the shipment, and then it came on Wednesday.I was expecting likewise with BlazBlue, but when I checked GS's website, it's already shipped, and has left Louisville, and will be here today.Really really stoked about playing this game, and really happy it's coming sooner than I expected.

Been playing InFamous waay to much this weekend, finished the main story now I'm going back and trying to win all the trophies. I'm actually looking forward to repeat play this time as a bad guy.

bought and played through point lookout for fallout 3 this weekend. it was fun, but really annoying that the rewards for beating the whole thing are significantly worse than what you get in the main game / broken steel.

I bought xbox live for 1 month in april to blow off some steam. They have a convinient 1 month plan that I purchased thorught the xbox with my credit card. The other day my roommate discovers that we can still play xbox live? really... so I investigate and quicly realize that signing up for a monthly membership means they will charge you the monthly rate every month, wtf!?! I just wanted 1 month, they've been charging me this whole time those ****ers. dammit. apparently I have to call them to cancel it, I can't do it throught he xbox, bullshit.

I bought xbox live for 1 month in april to blow off some steam. They have a convinient 1 month plan that I purchased thorught the xbox with my credit card. The other day my roommate discovers that we can still play xbox live? really... so I investigate and quicly realize that signing up for a monthly membership means they will charge you the monthly rate every month, wtf!?! I just wanted 1 month, they've been charging me this whole time those ****ers. dammit. apparently I have to call them to cancel it, I can't do it throught he xbox, bullshit.
This is pretty standard when signing up for anything via your credit card. It's all in the small print and Terms of Agreement that people never actually read.
Yeah sucks man, next time if you want to do that go pick up one of those 1 month cards, that'll do the trick.
Yeah sucks man, next time if you want to do that go pick up one of those 1 month cards, that'll do the trick.
and if you do really like it then you should cancel that monthly charges and get a 1 year card. And everytime you need to renew just buy a new card.

Retraining in Soul Calibur 4. Also playing Blazblue and some SF4 over the course of the next week.Mainly retraining in SC because I got challenged to a money match in two weeks.