I just can't get into CoD:WaW. I have been playing online on my brother's account, and each time I do I find myself putting CoD4 back in the 360. It's really bogus that you can't equip the aperture sight onto the machine guns like you could with the RDS on the LMG's in CoD4.One thing I do like is the Hardcore Free For All since I play Hardcore TDM about 98% of the time on CoD4. However that one game mode hardly justifies throwing down the $60 on the game.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I just can't get into CoD:WaW. I have been playing online on my brother's account, and each time I do I find myself putting CoD4 back in the 360. It's really bogus that you can't equip the aperture sight onto the machine guns like you could with the RDS on the LMG's in CoD4.One thing I do like is the Hardcore Free For All since I play Hardcore TDM about 98% of the time on CoD4. However that one game mode hardly justifies throwing down the $60 on the game.
you know I have played COD 4 a lot. I am okay in the game not the best in the game but I do feel COD WaW is a tad slower which I think for some reason levels the playing field for me. I have a much better kill to death ratio, longer kill streak and just typically do better in team death match compared to COD 4. I also really like the maps on COD WaW. My favorite map is Dome. It is pretty small but not crazy like shipment. Also really like hangar.
you know I have played COD 4 a lot. I am okay in the game not the best in the game but I do feel COD WaW is a tad slower which I think for some reason levels the playing field for me. I have a much better kill to death ratio, longer kill streak and just typically do better in team death match compared to COD 4. I also really like the maps on COD WaW. My favorite map is Dome. It is pretty small but not crazy like shipment. Also really like hangar.
The ONE thing that is REALLY turning me off to WaW's multiplayer is the complete lack sense when it comes to spawn points. I honestly cannot count the number of times I have been spawn killed in this game. Every once in a while I would get spawned in an airstrike on CoD4, but that was a rare occurrence. I would venture to say that about 2-3 deaths per match for me are due to being spawn killed. I respawn and I make it literally 2 steps before I'm dead again with no chance to find the enemy that is attacking me. My brother, and a couple of my friends are all having the exact problem during games. It's something that really needs to be fixed.Another thing I will give WaW is that they tried to recreate the RDS and the ACOG scope with the aperture sight and the telescopic sight respectively. However, again not being able to attach those to the machine guns is garbage.When it comes to the single player, I'm not sure I have the patience to play through another campaign on Veteran. I completed the campaign on veteran on CoD4. I am, on and off, working on the veteran campaign of CoD2 although that one is giving me fits as well. Both of those games gave me fits trying to complete them.

Has anyone here spent any time with EndWar?I bought it a couple of weeks ago but never got passed the early tutorial missions cause I didn't find it much fun.I haven't played it since because I've gone back to cod4 after discovering how much fun other game types besides FFA AND TDM are.I've been concentrating on Search and Destroy and really enjoying it.Anyway so I need some advice on whether to put more time in EndWar or just trade it in for Gears of War 2 or COD:WaW

Has anyone here spent any time with EndWar?I bought it a couple of weeks ago but never got passed the early tutorial missions cause I didn't find it much fun.I haven't played it since because I've gone back to cod4 after discovering how much fun other game types besides FFA AND TDM are.I've been concentrating on Search and Destroy and really enjoying it.Anyway so I need some advice on whether to put more time in EndWar or just trade it in for Gears of War 2 or COD:WaW
I still have EndWar on rent from Gamefly, and the game does get more challenging as you go on. Once WW3 starts (not a spoiler since it's mentioned clearly in the achievements) the game becomes more fun...and a bit frustrating at parts. This is still a game for the strategy junkies. That being said I would say that GoW2 would be more fun. I would put a little more time into the game, and then if it still doesn't satiate your gaming appetite then by all means trade it in. However, you will get more money back if you were to sell it on half.com (if you have an eBay account then you automatically have a half.com account since both sites are one in the same).I just checked half.com and you can get between $47.00 and $59.59, which is definitely more than you will get on a trade in.
The ONE thing that is REALLY turning me off to WaW's multiplayer is the complete lack sense when it comes to spawn points. I honestly cannot count the number of times I have been spawn killed in this game. Every once in a while I would get spawned in an airstrike on CoD4, but that was a rare occurrence. I would venture to say that about 2-3 deaths per match for me are due to being spawn killed. I respawn and I make it literally 2 steps before I'm dead again with no chance to find the enemy that is attacking me. My brother, and a couple of my friends are all having the exact problem during games. It's something that really needs to be fixed.Another thing I will give WaW is that they tried to recreate the RDS and the ACOG scope with the aperture sight and the telescopic sight respectively. However, again not being able to attach those to the machine guns is garbage.When it comes to the single player, I'm not sure I have the patience to play through another campaign on Veteran. I completed the campaign on veteran on CoD4. I am, on and off, working on the veteran campaign of CoD2 although that one is giving me fits as well. Both of those games gave me fits trying to complete them.
Spawn points are DEF a bummer in the game. I think the game is pretty realistic to the time it is set in. I can appreciate that. We got spoiled in CoD4 by being able to use the ACOG and RDS...and now we have to shoot the old-fashioned way and some don't like it. It DEF gives the better shooters a HUGE edge in the game.. I have a very very high KDratio on hardcore FFA using STG silenced.Also....Zombie Mode makes the whole game worth it.

I was in the computer lab today, talking to this super hot -- like, she is so attractive it makes me physically ill to look at her longer than 10 minutes -- girl from one of my classes. She's a cool girl -- funny, silly, and at all a terrible bitch like one would imagine upon first glance -- and this conversation happened:Wang: "Yeah, anyway, it's going to suck. I hate that class. Do you, by any chance, know what th-"Girl: "OH! Before I forget I got to kill ZOMBIES this weekend and it was AWESOME."Wang: (thinks about reading this thread) "Uh, Call of Duty 5?"Girl: "Oh my god you play?!"Wang: "No, I... I just know about it."Girl: (disappointed) "Oh..."I am going to try to snap a picture of this girl, just because she is so disgustingly hot, and share it here. Like, so hot I am not at all attracted to her. So hot that if she were nude in front of me, I could never get an erection.

I am going to try to snap a picture of this girl, just because she is so disgustingly hot, and share it here. Like, so hot I am not at all attracted to her. So hot that if she were nude in front of me, I could never get an erection.
This better happen, and this better happen quick.
Spawn points are DEF a bummer in the game. I think the game is pretty realistic to the time it is set in. I can appreciate that. We got spoiled in CoD4 by being able to use the ACOG and RDS...and now we have to shoot the old-fashioned way and some don't like it. It DEF gives the better shooters a HUGE edge in the game.. I have a very very high KDratio on hardcore FFA using STG silenced.Also....Zombie Mode makes the whole game worth it.
I'll most likely end up buying it or getting it as a present....mainly because most of my friends are changing over to WaW. It's not that I'm doing bad at multiplayer. My K/D ratio is between 1.20 and 1.30, which is definitely above average.
See this was something that was happening to me a lot in COD 4 and would really piss me off. On bit of a different subject I really like the new xbl but one crappy part about it is that so many guys are playing in parties that no one is really saying much in the room now. I know I have been in a party with my friends while playing. As far as zombie the highest level I got to I believe was 12. That damn ray gun is the sh!t.

My K/D ratio is 1.41 right now...like .15 higher than CoD4...My HC FFA K/D is 1.74I'm probably getting Fallout 3 for Christmas so I am going to try and play as much WaW before Fallout 3 takes over my time.

I know it has been brought up a few time so I thought we could make a list.What games are you looking at getting for X-mas:I think for me between Need for speed: Undercover, Midnight Racing and I am starting to think about getting Fallout 3 though that isn't my typical type of game.

I rented WAW last week and just couldn't get into the MP. I was enjoying the single player though. The spawn points are 1000x worse than COD4 and now that I am back playing CoD4 I realize how much I love it. I liked some of the WAW maps but unless you are playing 18 player matches some of them are way too large for regular 12 man TDM's. I play a lot of FFA and there were only a select few maps to use and I was not a fan of many of them. It will be on my xmas list only because I would never pay money to purchase it on my own. I still love CoD4 too much.The only other games on my list are Tiger Woods for Wii, Fallout 3 and RB2.

I've been addicted to zombie mode and I have not played multiplayer in almost 2 weeks. I want to legitimately get past level 20. Thus far I've got to level 16 about 5 times and level 17 once.I prefer the multiplayer on COD4 but the zombie mode definitely makes COD WaW worth the $60. I just hope that Treyarch fix the glitches and reset the leader boards for the zombie mode.

I've been addicted to zombie mode and I have not played multiplayer in almost 2 weeks. I want to legitimately get past level 20. Thus far I've got to level 16 about 5 times and level 17 once.I prefer the multiplayer on COD4 but the zombie mode definitely makes COD WaW worth the $60. I just hope that Treyarch fix the glitches and reset the leader boards for the zombie mode.
Once I play through the game I will give zombie mode a shot.
Is that the glitch where you are inside the other player so you can't die?
I was in the computer lab today, talking to this super hot -- like, she is so attractive it makes me physically ill to look at her longer than 10 minutes -- girl from one of my classes. She's a cool girl -- funny, silly, and at all a terrible bitch like one would imagine upon first glance -- and this conversation happened:Wang: "Yeah, anyway, it's going to suck. I hate that class. Do you, by any chance, know what th-"Girl: "OH! Before I forget I got to kill ZOMBIES this weekend and it was AWESOME."Wang: (thinks about reading this thread) "Uh, Call of Duty 5?"Girl: "Oh my god you play?!"Wang: "No, I... I just know about it."Girl: (disappointed) "Oh..."I am going to try to snap a picture of this girl, just because she is so disgustingly hot, and share it here. Like, so hot I am not at all attracted to her. So hot that if she were nude in front of me, I could never get an erection.
OK....Gotta see her now....do work son.
From what I read on some other forums they keep posting the deals for a limited number of copies and then boosting the price back afterwords. Gotta be quick on the order button apparently.
Damn my indecision.I got Iron Man on blu-ray and an 8GB memory stick though, both were 14.99.