I picked up Fallout 3 today. I've only played for a few hours, but I'm pretty bad at it so far. I kinda have to cheat to beat the SuperMutants. Legshot, run away. Headshot, run away. Etc
I picked it up but haven't had time to install it yet. Yea I know, I need to get it done.I do however have a Vault-Tec bobble head on my desk now.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I picked it up but haven't had time to install it yet. Yea I know, I need to get it done.I do however have a Vault-Tec bobble head on my desk now.
you should accept my live friend request already. just sayin... :club:
Thanks for all the input guys. At this point I'm leaning 80% towards Rock Band 2 with guitar drums and vocals.Kurt, is this the bundle that you purchased? If so can you comment a little more about the drums. How fun, durable etc. they are.
The new drums (from what I hear) are very durable. RB1 drums were not very durable, so they corrected it. They are also unbelievably fun.
Yeah, much better than the old ones. The pedal has a metal plate over it now, and it's a little more stiff to start with. And the pads are quieter and pressure sensitive. Though I haven't tried to test the pressure thing. Oh, plus they're wireless now, which is nice. As for how fun, most people play drums more than guitar, but I'm not one of them, but not for lack of fun, I just never played either one before, so I started with the guitar, and I still suck pretty bad at drums. I've probably played less than 20 songs on drums. I do feel more comfortable doing it on the new ones though, because I can pick my foot up differently and use leg muscles instead of trying to do it with the shin muscle, which kinda hurts for me.and yeah, that's what I bought.
you should accept my live friend request already. just sayin... :club:
I haven't jumped on my X-box since I first got NHL 09. I've been doing a lot more PC gaming than anything else lately. Next time I'm on I'll check my requests :)Kurt, I asked my friends who worked for Sony about Resistance 2. They said the gameplay wasn't as good when they tested it (note: this was 6-9 months ago) and the multiplayer was absolutely horrible. However one of them who still works there said the last build he got to play before it went gold they had fixed up the multiplayer a lot and made it fairly fun. He said the single player still felt rushed though because they wanted to push it before Christmas and not give it the extra 2-3 months of dev work the game could use. He still says the first one is better overall.
Yeah, much better than the old ones. The pedal has a metal plate over it now, and it's a little more stiff to start with. And the pads are quieter and pressure sensitive. Though I haven't tried to test the pressure thing. Oh, plus they're wireless now, which is nice. As for how fun, most people play drums more than guitar, but I'm not one of them, but not for lack of fun, I just never played either one before, so I started with the guitar, and I still suck pretty bad at drums. I've probably played less than 20 songs on drums. I do feel more comfortable doing it on the new ones though, because I can pick my foot up differently and use leg muscles instead of trying to do it with the shin muscle, which kinda hurts for me.and yeah, that's what I bought.
cool thanks alot.will definitely be picking this up this weekend.

I bought World in Conflict yesterday for my laptop just hoping it was powerful enough to run the game smoothly but apparently it isn't. The game loads but the frame rate is just unplayable which is a shame since I hear its a pretty awesome game. I can't wait for Tom Clancy's End War that's coming out next Tuesday. It's similar to World in Conflict but it's on the XBOX 360 also so I don't have to worry about my laptop not being able to run it.I'm thinking of buying a Desktop PC for gaming but I don't want to spend an insane amount of money on it. Anyone know how much money we're talking about in order to build a pretty decent gaming machine? I don't know shit about putting them together either so I guess I would have to pay someone to build it for me as well...

I'm thinking of buying a Desktop PC for gaming but I don't want to spend an insane amount of money on it. Anyone know how much money we're talking about in order to build a pretty decent gaming machine? I don't know shit about putting them together either so I guess I would have to pay someone to build it for me as well...
I just built a new pretty powerful systems for about $900. I could have built it for less but I splurged in a few places. Video cards are really cheap these days, exp with the way you can use SLI.
Kurt, I asked my friends who worked for Sony about Resistance 2. They said the gameplay wasn't as good when they tested it (note: this was 6-9 months ago) and the multiplayer was absolutely horrible. However one of them who still works there said the last build he got to play before it went gold they had fixed up the multiplayer a lot and made it fairly fun. He said the single player still felt rushed though because they wanted to push it before Christmas and not give it the extra 2-3 months of dev work the game could use. He still says the first one is better overall.
Seems like they fixed it up quite a bit. IGN gave it a 9.5 and Fallout 3 a 9.4, both of which looked pretty good.I also noticed GHWT only got 7.9, and they said it's not even as good as the original Rockband.
Seems like they fixed it up quite a bit. IGN gave it a 9.5 and Fallout 3 a 9.4, both of which looked pretty good.I also noticed GHWT only got 7.9, and they said it's not even as good as the original Rockband.
Totally disagree and I own both.
May very well be, I just like GH better. I like them both but the guitars for GH are better imo.
I'm not talking about the instruments though. More the game itself. You can use RB 2 intruments with GHWT and vice versa so I'm not even concerned with that really. But also the RB 2 guitar is way better than the original, fwiw.Just mainly the gameplay issues he had. Biggest one being that you can't save a band member when they fail in GHWT, the entire band just fails. That's pretty big I think. And the fact that when you unlock songs playing solo, they don't unlock in band mode. Plus no status bar to show you if any of your band members are failing. Although I guess if you can't save them, it won't matter. Just little stuff where it seems like they tried to hard to not copy rockband completely, that they failed to put in some important things that should just be there.
I'm not talking about the instruments though. More the game itself. You can use RB 2 intruments with GHWT and vice versa so I'm not even concerned with that really. But also the RB 2 guitar is way better than the original, fwiw.Just mainly the gameplay issues he had. Biggest one being that you can't save a band member when they fail in GHWT, the entire band just fails. That's pretty big I think. And the fact that when you unlock songs playing solo, they don't unlock in band mode. Plus no status bar to show you if any of your band members are failing. Although I guess if you can't save them, it won't matter. Just little stuff where it seems like they tried to hard to not copy rockband completely, that they failed to put in some important things that should just be there.
Bolded true but all songs are unlocked in Quickplay for play whenever with how many ever players you choose, but he is correct on that.Not sure about not being able to save as I have played it solo mostly so far and the only dozen or so songs we've played as a band, we haven't sucked enough to fail. I'll definitely try this out to see. There is a meter for each player though....it is much smaller than in the other games and is awkwardly placed but it is there. He's wrong on this one, at least for the Wii.
Seems like they fixed it up quite a bit. IGN gave it a 9.5 and Fallout 3 a 9.4, both of which looked pretty good.
Fallout is not like Resistance.The Fallout franchise is arguably the best western made RPG franchise in existence. Bethseda who now owns the rights to the franchise just took the series from a isometric POV and moved it into a first person setting. I wouldn't call Fallout a FPS game though, it's much more in depth.
Bolded true but all songs are unlocked in Quickplay for play whenever with how many ever players you choose, but he is correct on that.Not sure about not being able to save as I have played it solo mostly so far and the only dozen or so songs we've played as a band, we haven't sucked enough to fail. I'll definitely try this out to see. There is a meter for each player though....it is much smaller than in the other games and is awkwardly placed but it is there. He's wrong on this one, at least for the Wii.
Yeah, I think he said it was just in a bad spot unless you're in the habit of looking at other parts of the screen while you're playing, which isn't really a good idea.
Fallout is not like Resistance.The Fallout franchise is arguably the best western made RPG franchise in existence. Bethseda who now owns the rights to the franchise just took the series from a isometric POV and moved it into a first person setting. I wouldn't call Fallout a FPS game though, it's much more in depth.
I know, I watched the review. I didn't say they were the same, just that it looked fun.

I also just read the Wii review for GHWT and it actually rated 8.8 on Wii. I forgot that's all you had. So when comparing it to the Wii Rockband, I'm sure the gap is much closer. But they even mention in this one how much bigger a difference there is on the PS3 and X360 versions of the game.He basically said the same thing I did though, about them leaving things out just to try and not be a copycat.http://wii.ign.com/articles/923/923893p1.html

I also just read the Wii review for GHWT and it actually rated 8.8 on Wii. I forgot that's all you had. So when comparing it to the Wii Rockband, I'm sure the gap is much closer. But they even mention in this one how much bigger a difference there is on the PS3 and X360 versions of the game.He basically said the same thing I did though, about them leaving things out just to try and not be a copycat.http://wii.ign.com/articles/923/923893p1.html
Gotcha....cool.

COD4 Lvl 42 4th presigeNHL 08 36-30-5 with the Coyotes, sitting in 7th spot in the West and only 4 pts separate 7th and 11th.Fallout 3 Rented it to see if I would want to get it. I think I would. Sat down and played 5 hours straight which is more than I ever usually play in one sitting. Pretty fun. I enjoyed murdering a whole little town.

I like how Gabe's timeline for WOTLK is pretty much infinite.I've picked up LBP, Lego Batman, and Fallout 3 and haven't had time to play any of them. This time of year sucks.
i absolutely cannot hold off my desire to play fallout 3 until i pick it out as my christmas present from my wife. i'm going to have to go buy it today i guess.
Oooh, sounds nice.
I had to take a letter to this little outpost by an overpass. There were 3 families living there in shacks. One of the women there was pretty batty and since she annoyed me I pulled out my rifle and pulled up the VATS and shot her head completely off. That pissed off her husband so he came after me and I blew his leg off and then killed him. Then the sheriff started shooting at me and I finished him off. Someone had already killed the other family so I was too late on that one and then I went to the single ladies shack and offed her with a baseball bat.
i absolutely cannot hold off my desire to play fallout 3 until i pick it out as my christmas present from my wife. i'm going to have to go buy it today i guess.
When I built my new PC I just used an old DVD drive from a 5 year old system, it decided to die the day I picked up Fallout and I haven't been able to play it yet. New drive from NewEgg arrives today.