Sure. Unless it's like killing puppies and kittens or something. That's kind of messed up too.But for my purposes, it doesn't matter what the game is. They're marketing a game to kids that kids aren't supposed to be playing. Seems wrong.
That's who plays the games anyway though. They know the market.Pick an FPS and listen to the online chat, good luck finding puberty.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Isn't violence not quite the same when it's not humans though? I think so at least.
Yeah, I was talking about the monsters that are tall with blade like arms, and human arms growing out of their abdomen. And those creepy killer babies.The alien spider things are scary, but not as repulsive.The tall monster things remind me of Silent Hill.

Been playing Gran Turismo 5 a lot. The driving is increiblde (edit: awesome typo, I'm leaving it, I have no idea how the d got misplaced so badly), the actual game could use a lot of work. I wish another development team could take the driving engine + all the cars + all the tracks, and just use them to make a different racing game, it could be incredible. As it is, it is still extremely enjoyable because the driving is just so damn good.I have about $600 in gift cards to best buy and ebgames, so I am going to be picking up a few games this week.Definitely getting Mass Effect 2 (PS3). Mass Effect is one of my favourite games, but I couldnt bring myself to spend any more money on x360 games, so I waited for this one to come out for PS3.Also thinking of picking up two worlds II (PS3). It seems to be in a similar vein to Diablo and Sacred 2, two games which I have sunk countless hours into, and I could see myself really enjoying this one too.I thought about Dead Space 2, but I doubt it, survival horror games aren't really my thing, plus I haven't even played the first one.

Have you played Forza? That has unseated GT in my house. I loved GT but I played a friends recently and it just didn't seem right to me. I don't know. Saved me $ since I was going to get a PS3 for it. lolWhat have I been playing? CoD of course. Well I made my wife hide it from me on Saturday so i would go play some other things so I have been playing the following:NHL 11: Red Wings in GM Mode. 7-4-2. I am also a Atlanta Thrasher in Be A Pro Mode. 3G 5A in 12 games playing on the 2nd line with Little and Kane.NFS Hot Pursuit. Just dicking around. I used to love the old PSX NFS's and got tired of the later ones for PS2 and Ps3/XB. But this kind of brings back the flavor of the classics. F1: awesome game. I can usually only do one race weekend a sitting because the driving is so intense that I tense up for the whole race trying not to crash or spin out yet be faaaasssst. Great game and glad they finally brought F1 to the Xbox. Dragon Age: Orgins. Stuck in Ozramar(?) and can't get past these enemies. Might have to leave the quest and go do some levling up.But sadly new map pack comes out tomorrow AM for Black Ops so i will be back on that again.

Bah, i have the same problem. I've sunk so many hours into NHL11 and now GT5, yet I still have an unopened God of War 3, I'm like 2 hours into red dead redemption, and I am in the same area as you on Dragon Age, and now I want to go out and buy more games, what is wrong with me? lol.

Games are fun! Luckily there isn't anything I am interested in so I will be okay. Liz made a good point though on Saturday, I definitely get my money's worth out of the Call of Duty games. I put in CoD4 for a bit and was amazed that I had put in some 700 hours into the mutliplayer side of the game. Luckily though I can say that I did over 3.5 years. Still that is a lot of time on one game.

Dragon Age: Orgins. Stuck in Ozramar(?) and can't get past these enemies. Might have to leave the quest and go do some levling up.
That's one of the harder areas in the game. In most of my playthroughs I waited until at least level 14 before going there.On a related note, I pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 today. Very excited.

So, I had a $100 ebgames gift card and a $500 best buy gift card. Went on a little shopping spree yesterday. Remember how I was saying I own too many games and I don't have time to play them all? Well, that logic goes out the window when I am standing in the store with a gift card in hand.from ebgames, picked up Mass Effect 2 and two worlds 2.Wasn't planning on getting any games form best buy, but wandered into the ps3 aisle anyway, and came out with 3 greatest hits games ($20 each): Demon's Souls, Prince of persia, and Resident Evil 5.I then drove straight home, switched on the TV, and played Gran Turismo 5 for an hour.

so how are you guys liking the map packs for Black ops? for me I have really been struggling playing with connection problems so I have been playing more MW 2. Played a bit of the maps and really struggling. If anything I like stadium the most. Any of you guys played zombies? I am not sure I like the new map at all.

so how are you guys liking the map packs for Black ops? for me I have really been struggling playing with connection problems so I have been playing more MW 2. Played a bit of the maps and really struggling. If anything I like stadium the most. Any of you guys played zombies? I am not sure I like the new map at all.
PS3 Owner..... :club::ts:4h Has anyone heard a date for the map pack release on PS3? I'm guessing March 1ish.Picked up 3D dot Game Heroes - It's fun, but a blatent rip off from original Zelda (My No. 1 all time fav game)Also, picked up a used NES for real cheap and been doing it old school with my kids lately.Other than that, Black Ops pretty much owns my soul. (I bought GOW 1 & 2 on black friday from Walmart for $10 and its still sealed).
Had Wednesday off so I played a ton of BO. I have probably played each map at least 5 times or more in different game modes, HQ, FFA, TDM, and CTF.Stadium: I just don't like this map and I am def in the minority because all I hear is how much everyone loves it. I either do bad or I do good but mostly bad. I just need more time with it I guess but right now, blah!Discovery: Love it for CTF. This map is growing on me and I look forward to playing it. Some great sniping spots which all the original BO maps lacked. Kowloon(sp?): LOOOOOOOOVE IT. This map is so bad ass. I have probably played it 10 times and I find a new spot each and every time. First few times I played I got raped but now I am the unicorn and doing all the raping on this map. There are so many levels to this map and so many windows and buildings you can use. I still get very confused where I am at. But I love it because it isn't as I guess linear as most other maps.Berlin Wall: Probably my 2nd favorite map. Love hearing the sirens as some player goes into no man's land and then seeing the XBLGamerTag Mistakes Were Made as they get shot by the autoturrets. I have no idea why it makes me laugh everytime. This is also a good sniper map. There are some spots where you can see other sniper spots from the other side of the map which can make things interesting. I really enjoyed it.I have not played the new zombie map yet so I have no opinion.For those that have me as a friend on XBL, I have changed my gamertag to FearsomeBeaver.Edit: tobey, I believe there is a 30 day exclusive agreement with MS so yeah, PSN should have it March 1st or so.

I've only played Berlin Wall once but I liked what I saw. Stadium is the kind of map where you either rape or get raped, but I like it quite a lot. Hate pretty much everything about Discovery, but I also loveee Kowloon.

So did anyone gain some levels with double xp this weekend?I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked but I went from 2nd Prestige lvl 49 to 3rd Prestige lvl 25.

i think I went from level 16 1st prestige to level 19 1st prestige.I have a 24 inch tv and find it puts me at a disadvantage. Its ok though, I am in love with the zombie mode.

So did anyone gain some levels with double xp this weekend?I didn't get to play as much as I would have liked but I went from 2nd Prestige lvl 49 to 3rd Prestige lvl 25.
Think I leveled up only 5 levels. Think I am at 43. Played alot yesterday and did not bad. Of all the maps old and new what is your favorite map? For me it is summit. I just love that map and I finally figured out how to get on the cat walk in that middle building. had my two highest kill totals in headquarters back to back.
Think I leveled up only 5 levels. Think I am at 43. Played alot yesterday and did not bad. Of all the maps old and new what is your favorite map? For me it is summit. I just love that map and I finally figured out how to get on the cat walk in that middle building. had my two highest kill totals in headquarters back to back.
I am slowly starting to like summit. I didn't at the start. I would get raped on that map all the time. But lately I run my AK47u class on it and have been improving. Favorite map? Firing Range I guess. Kowloon might take over that spot pretty soon though.What's different for me this time around is that I have fallen in love with Hardcore Mode. I didn't like it in CoD4 or W@W or MW2 but I can't stop playing it in Black Ops. I know some say it is easy mode but I don't know if I agree. It is surely less frustrating in the sense that you kill quicker. I was playing Core HQ a little last night and just hated having to put 5-7 bullets in a guy and still not kill him. At least in HC a headshot or 2-3 shots will kill. A headshot in Core isn't even a instant kill and that seems wrong to me. But where HC is harder I think is the lack of a map. When i do go into Core mode I am amazed at how easy it is to find people simply by the map always being up and people firing showing up without UAV. Even knowing where your teammates are in HC is a challenge without the map showing you the green triangles. I will hear someone on my Turtle Beaches to my left but I don't know if it will be an enemy or a teammate. Slows the game down some at times but I have never been a run and gunner and more of a stay to the outside of the map stalker guy. Not a camper, I will move around in either mode but I won't rush the center much unless I feel like it. The only downfall is HC FFA. That is a campfest at it's best. Hardcore HQ is awesome because you can't just spam grenades on the HQ because you don;t know if your teammates are in there.
UGH! That game put me on monkey tilt. Bioshock is still one of my top 5 fav games of all time and 2 killed it for me.
wow really? i loved the 2nd as much as the first. is did tilt me in a few spots though.

My first thoughts...

Thoughts on Bioshock 2.Man this was a hard game to get into at the start. Without giving anything important, you just need to know that you are a Big Daddy this time around. Sounds cool but not really. You are a slow and oddly enough, one of the most fragile Big Daddy's. You have to fight many Big Daddy's in the game and while it will take you about 50 bullets, some fire, and some more bullets to kill one, they can kill you with 2 hits. Splicers(bad guys) attack you all the time but never go after all the other Big Daddy's. You have a mark on the palm of your hand that makes you different and they must see it from far away. Kind of weak.It's really slow at the start and not that much fun but now I am about halfway through and it is getting to be really good. Once you get some better weapons and plasmids things pick up. Still not as good as the first but it shows promise. I have read that the last 3 hours are amazing so I look forward to it.The multiplayer is retarded. It's like MW2 but in the Bioshock universe. Well maybe more like Team Fortress but not done well. Haven't played much and probably won't unless I try for a 1000/1000.
And thoughts about the ending...
I hated it. Clearly not the same people who did the first which is one of my all time favorite games. They tried really hard but there were way too many little things that ruined it for me. I felt like I was just going through the motions to get to the end and the story was just done poorly. The last hour was just the most frustrating experience I have had in a game for a long time. "Oh, it;s the end! Oh wait, nope have to run clear across the map to pick up something, oh look more enemies and oh wait, not I gotta go over there. Oh good this looks like it is a good place to end the game...oh no, I have to fight this person then spin around three times, hit X and then run back to the start. Oh look, not done yet. Could have sworn the story was finished about 45 minutes ago but I have to do all this running around..."I get where they were going with the story but they did a poor job. Plus walking around as a Big Daddy all game was annoying.