• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I nominate myself for the lady gangster role. I'm attractive, smart, have rage issues, and am kind of a LA d-bag.http://kotaku.com/58...rand-theft-auto

Looks like I'm still waiting for my big break.

http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/8001

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite, and when that's done I'll get around to finishing the Walking Dead game. I really like them both--but it takes me forevs to finish anything.

Bioshock I love, but makes me feel motion sick after too long. In general, I can't play video games at night, it wakes me up in a way where I can't sleep until 2:00am.

If I played PC games I'd want to check out Starseed Pilgrim, and I'm kind of thinking of Thomas Is Alone. Any opinions?

• 1 month later...

Resurrection.

What's everyone's thoughts on next gen? I'm not much of a fanboy. My systems went as follows:

NES

Genesis

PlayStation

PlayStation 2

Xbox 360

Only one brand repeat in there. As is, seeing what I've seen so far, I'm probably looking at a PlayStation 4 this gen. Looks like it will be a better system overall, then couple with Microsoft's DRM/24-hour login even for offline play fiasco, and I just can't justify getting an Xbox One.

Just make the XMB a little less confusing for me, and I'm happy.

Granted, I could adjust if it was my main console. Just, between the Xbox Dashboard and the XMB, I thought the former was more intuitive.

• 8 months later...

I've had the ps4 since launch and have barely played it. I only have battlefield and can't get into it. I haven't been able to make the switch to console first person shooters after being exclusively pc for years. Now l play neither.

I have been continue to play ps3 finishing up Batman Arkham Origins, GTA V, and am about to start The Last of Us.

My ps4 will be getting more use soon with Infamous Second Son coming out later this month...

and holy hell does Batman Arkhan Knight look awesome...

I have a PS3--has anyone played the South Park game? I keep hearing it's great.

If anyone has any pointers to a third person downloadable. I usually like the side scrollers the best.

I got South Park last night. Played about 95 minutes. Loving it. If you are a fan of the show I think you'll enjoy it.

I got a PS4 at launch and have no issue playing it. Cod, bf4, KZ, Tomb Raider, outlast, rivals, AC4,etc. But it's a new console. Usually takes a year before a steady stream of games comes out. PS3 will be my focus though this month with South Park, Dark Souls 2, and FFX/ X-2. Plus I got sucked my PC and into a Civ5 game. And dayz standalone. And banished. And Rocksmith 2014 on the 360. I have like 2 hours to play and try to get it all in!

Frau, name some similar games so I have an idea what you might be looking for because I am drawing a blank of any game like that. Lol

I got South Park last night. Played about 95 minutes. Loving it. If you are a fan of the show I think you'll enjoy it.

Frau, name some similar games so I have an idea what you might be looking for because I am drawing a blank of any game like that. Lol

How's the gameplay with SP? I like fun gameplay, and have a short attention span with questionable skills. Longer stories are lost on me, because I don't retain their storylines. The big games I've liked the most--like GTA IV Liberty City--I just can't drive and shoot at the same time, and I don't want to gain that skill this late in life.

Outland and Limbo

It's supposedly pretty short for an RPG. 12-15 hrs. The combat is pretty fun and more complex the more you get into it. Lots and lots of fan service.

I'll have to think on that one. Love Limbo. But still drawing a blank. I blame cold medicine.

Looking at my steam library...

Braid

Trine 2

Night Sky

Some others like that I remember playing on ps3, don't know off hand if on PC

Machinium or something

Kyntt

Brothers

Closure

Have you seen Indie Game? I'm super curious about Jonathan Blow's new one...

Indie Game: the Movie

One of my favorite movies I've seen this year. I really liked how it showed how much people have to give up to make their own products. They give up their time, and to a certain degree, their physical and mental health. Jonathan Blowe is my new f'ing hero, and I've always got my eye out for him, for my photo op. I saw it at home, and don't think it lost anything, there's no reason to see this movie on the big screen.

Is Jonathan Blow the Braid guy? I saw Indie Game, but I can't remember. What is his new game? Braid is great

Yes, he's the Braid guy. His new game is called The Witness, is out sometime this year, and is described as "an exploration-puzzle game on an uninhabited island."

http://the-witness.net/

• 2 months later...

I have a PS3--has anyone played the South Park game? I keep hearing it's great.

If anyone has any pointers to a third person downloadable. I usually like the side scrollers the best.

It's really impressive and interesting, if you are a huge fan of the show and want something that accurately immerses you in that. If you aren't a fanboy/girl, it's probably pretty shitty.

I love the show, and am like 2 hours into the game, tops. But that's probably more me than the game.

• Like 1
My ps4 will be getting more use soon with Infamous Second Son coming out later this month...

Never played it all the way through (playing other people's games and such), but I liked it a lot

I think you could stand to tone it down with the PS4>XBOX ONE stuff, btw. Sony has was better exclusives to the point where I would choose it if I had to pick one and was mostly interested in playing single player storylines. But the Xbox is a really cool piece of hardware and definitely worth consideration, as either a second or first system.

Second Son is pretty fun, but I only played like 3-4 hours of it, and just wasn't particularly inspired to continue playing. Had the same experience with the first Infamous as well, never played #2.

I've been playing some FF14: A Realm reborn on PS4. It's pretty fun, and it's kinda cool to play an MMO on a console, but it's not really addictive, and I doubt I'll be playing it much longer. My free month is up next week. I might pay for one more month just to see how the gameplay develops into the mid levels. I haven't played many/any MMOs post World of Warcraft. I've never even played WoW, but I know that pretty much every MMO since has been modelled after it. Combat is the same, questing is the same. GO here, kill this, return to NPC, collect EXP. I think the gameplay model is getting extremely tired. The only MMO I've ever been truly addicted to was Asheron's Call, which was one of the very first MMOs. I still think that was the greatest game I ever played. It would never get released in today's market. I's too complicated and not "newb friendly" enough. I think MMOs have been trying so hard to get away from "the grind", that they are just dumbed down to the point of just being boring and repetitive. Give me an MMO with no "main story quest", and if I want to level up I just kills hordes and hordes of the toughest monster that I can afford to fight, and give me a fun and rewarding loot system, and a huge, open world, and I'll pay a monthly subscription, probably for a long time.

I think you could stand to tone it down with the PS4>XBOX ONE stuff, btw.

Lol that was over a year ago. I don't really have any dislike for xbox, more-so just thought those gifs were funny. I'm pretty sure those came from one of the announcement's from sony that gave the xbox marketing team nightmares.

Actually only started playing Infamous last week and it's pretty good. The actual game play is getting a little repetitive but the different powers helps to keep it fresh.

They also just announced that NHL 15 is predictably coming to PS4/Xbox One. Not a ton of details yet but it's going also be on ps3/360. They explain it's a trimmed down version of the next gen versions but I'm wondering if that might be holding back development. But with no competition do they really care?

http://www.easports.com/nhl/nhl15

• 7 months later...