hmm, I've never had a problem getting connectivity with my PS3, and that was with a 6 year old router (until yesterday). It's also in a room in my house that traditionally is tough to get a signal. (My iPad gets like 50% signal at best in this room)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Well the more I read the more I think it is Treyarch's fault more than PS3's. Sounds like their PS3 servers are shit. No biggie since I won't really play it much on the PS3 since I have about 10 days time on the 360 version and the controller of the pS3 makes my hand hurt when playing CoD. Might just trade it in and get a $30 BB gift card and get MLB the show to see what the hype is all about.

Well the more I read the more I think it is Treyarch's fault more than PS3's. Sounds like their PS3 servers are shit. No biggie since I won't really play it much on the PS3 since I have about 10 days time on the 360 version and the controller of the pS3 makes my hand hurt when playing CoD. Might just trade it in and get a $30 BB gift card and get MLB the show to see what the hype is all about.
Gamestop had a pretty good deal last month for a PS3 but I just couldn't validate buying one. If I had didn't have a blu-ray player I would have done it in a heartbeat but can't see the wife being happy with it. Not really happy with the new update for Black ops. They now combined Hardcore Capture the flag with domination, but I will still be grabbing the map pack when it releases tonight.

MLB road to the show is pretty damn addicting. I've been play MLB 09 recently since I never played it back when I bought it. I've played 5 full seasons already. The hitting system is really difficult but really rewarding too.

Okay, a couple days now with the PS3 and I have to say, at this point, the 360 is still for me, the better console. I think the loading times are ridiculously longer than the 360. I guess I can waste like 8GB's of space and time installing a full game to lower the load times but I don't have to do that with the 360. I thought the PS3 comp was superior over the 360. If so then the load times being the way they are should result in a picture that outshines the 360 and I don't see it. And omg, so I get GT5 and pop it in and have to wait an hour to get to play it as it loads 8 updates. Seriously? 360 has updates all the times for games and I have never had one last longer than 2 minutes. And that is even if I just bought a game that already had 8 previous updates. Well probably because a standard 360 update is 14MB compared to the 3.3 GB update I had to load last night. Good thing I have a 360 so I can play games while I wait an hour to play a PS3 game.Then I get into the game and it was funny. Go to Licenses and enter B-1 and wait 3 minutes to load, race for 18 seconds, go to B-2, wait 3 minutes, race for 20 seconds, etc. WTF? I guess I am just surprised. I guess the 360 has made me become impatient.Controller. I know it will take getting used to but even pack in my PS1 and 2 days I sucked at shooters because I have always found the controller not well suited for shooters. Still the same. Having the left stick up higher on the controller instead of right along side the right stick makes such a huge difference. Playing Black Ops is causing me pain. So I will stick to shooters on the 360. Driving is fine on the PS3. I will give it props for being less noisy than the 360.The feature I found yesterday which makes up for all the crap is that I was able to download Final Fantasy 7 last night. I have been dying to play that game for a few months now and was so surprised to see that along with tons of other old PSOne games I have wished to play again. I got $105 in BB gift cards coming to me soon so I will pick up a few more games. Any suggestions that aren't on 360 since I either have played it or already own it.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are must plays. Only about 12 hours each so renting is good enough.
Definitely This. Also never had connection issues with mine either.

I picked up MLB 10 for $24. Love it. Have 2 RTTS's going on. A SS/CF with the Royals AAA team and a SP with the Tigers AA team. It's so fun playing RTTS.

I picked up MLB 10 for $24. Love it. Have 2 RTTS's going on. A SS/CF with the Royals AAA team and a SP with the Tigers AA team. It's so fun playing RTTS.
Yeah, it's awesome. I prefer hitting to pitching. I also turn off fielding and baserunning, so I can play a lot more games quicker.
Yeah, it's awesome. I prefer hitting to pitching. I also turn off fielding and baserunning, so I can play a lot more games quicker.
I like the fielding aspect of it especially at SS. Baserunning does suck especially since they keep giving me the steal sign. I didn't steal one time, I was already cuaght stealing 8 out of 8 times and got a nasty email saying I better work get over whatever issue I have an not pay attention when a sign is given. lolI have to say I am really enjoying the pitching one though. I want to throw a no hitter!

Heavy Rain is another must play that I just remembered. I can't guarantee you'll love it, like I can with the Uncharted games, but it is definitly worth playing, if only because there is really nothing else quite like it in video game history. Definitely a rental; it's only about 8 hours long, with minimal replay value.

Heavy Rain is another must play that I just remembered. I can't guarantee you'll love it, like I can with the Uncharted games, but it is definitly worth playing, if only because there is really nothing else quite like it in video game history. Definitely a rental; it's only about 8 hours long, with minimal replay value.
Yeah I was going to rent the uncharted games, Heavy Rain, and the Infamous games. I am not a huge fan of cinematic games so I can't see spending more than $7 on one cause I hate playing a "movie" sometimes. I have grown impatient over the years.I have been playing LA Noire for 360 lately and it is starting to piss me off. Just shut up and let me look for stuff and drive around!
Yeah I was going to rent the uncharted games, Heavy Rain, and the Infamous games. I am not a huge fan of cinematic games so I can't see spending more than $7 on one cause I hate playing a "movie" sometimes. I have grown impatient over the years.I have been playing LA Noire for 360 lately and it is starting to piss me off. Just shut up and let me look for stuff and drive around!
Rockstar is getting VERY wordy and "cut-sceney" in their games...GTA4 drove me insane with all the talking, talking, talking. At least you can skip the cutscenes in GTA, I assume you can in LAN as well but then obviously you miss stuff.
Rockstar is getting VERY wordy and "cut-sceney" in their games...GTA4 drove me insane with all the talking, talking, talking. At least you can skip the cutscenes in GTA, I assume you can in LAN as well but then obviously you miss stuff.
Yeah you gotta pay attention to help you get through the case so you need to suffer through it. Although between each scene there is some war flashback. That might be important but I find them incredibly boring so I now skip those. Plus all the newpapers you find lead you to a 10 minute cutscene and I skip those now as well. Just want to finish it and trade it in. I might not even finish it.I did get Gran Turismo 5 yesterday though. Always a sucker for GT5 but after playing awhile I think Forza might be the new king and with Forza 4 coming out the gap may grow bigger.Do you play online at all Adam?
You probably won't like Heavy Rain, there is little to no actual gameplay.Regarding the Uncharted games, I'd feel confident recommending them to anybody who ever played a video game.I got bored with Infamous pretty fast, but as a general rule, I get bored with GTA style sandbox games really fast.

I really don't understand how Uncharted 1&2 rate so high with so many people. I found it way too easy and fast. Borderlands; that's a good game.

I thought LA Noire was more of a Bondi game than a Rock Star game. I liked it well enough, and really enjoyed the setting, the look, and the interrogations. The gameplay, though, was deeply unfun. I guess my character is supposed to be a flatfooted cop, but it's just no fun at all to walk around as that guy.The other thing that's really gotten in my craw is the female characters. It felt like I was playing Hemingest: A Video Game.Still playing Outland, just got past the second to last boss.Is Borderlands the post apocalyptic game with the human type robot, and lots of collecting things? I couldn't get into that or Arkham Asylum, and everybody I know just loves both.
Yeah you gotta pay attention to help you get through the case so you need to suffer through it. Although between each scene there is some war flashback. That might be important but I find them incredibly boring so I now skip those. Plus all the newpapers you find lead you to a 10 minute cutscene and I skip those now as well. Just want to finish it and trade it in. I might not even finish it.I did get Gran Turismo 5 yesterday though. Always a sucker for GT5 but after playing awhile I think Forza might be the new king and with Forza 4 coming out the gap may grow bigger.Do you play online at all Adam?
I was for a while (mostly the Call of Duty games) but when the Sony network went down I stopped (obv) and never got started again. COD got frustrating, I feel like I'm just getting lucky when I kill anyone and I didn't really want to put the couple thousand hours into actually getting good at it, so I lost interest. I go through phases with gaming, I'll play almost every night for a month and then not even touch my PS3 for four months, depends on what else I've got going on. I was playing GT5 all the time for weeks on end, then I got to the point where I had enough money to buy the Formula One car and learned an entirely new definition of the word "frustrated". That thing is SO hard to drive, and with all the cars being dead equal if you make a single mistake you're done for the 15 lap race. So yeah, haven't played since. I was playing Red Dead Redemption for a good long while, but kind of burned out and never actually finished the game. I kind of got sick of having to ride a horse all over the map and how every next mission is on the complete other side of the "world" from wherever you finish the last one.
I was for a while (mostly the Call of Duty games) but when the Sony network went down I stopped (obv) and never got started again. COD got frustrating, I feel like I'm just getting lucky when I kill anyone and I didn't really want to put the couple thousand hours into actually getting good at it, so I lost interest. I go through phases with gaming, I'll play almost every night for a month and then not even touch my PS3 for four months, depends on what else I've got going on. I was playing GT5 all the time for weeks on end, then I got to the point where I had enough money to buy the Formula One car and learned an entirely new definition of the word "frustrated". That thing is SO hard to drive, and with all the cars being dead equal if you make a single mistake you're done for the 15 lap race. So yeah, haven't played since. I was playing Red Dead Redemption for a good long while, but kind of burned out and never actually finished the game. I kind of got sick of having to ride a horse all over the map and how every next mission is on the complete other side of the "world" from wherever you finish the last one.
I suck at COD on PS3 because the controller is terrible for it if you have ever had the luxury of using an almost perfectly ergonomic 360 controller. I am not that far in GT5 yet. Just doing licenses right now.I had Red Dead for the 360. Turned it in for a $30 BB Gift Card a couple weeks ago because what you say is the truth. Jesus, horses just aren't that exciting to ride in a video game. I think the only fun I had in that game was going into a town and lassoing a woman, throw her on the horse, head out the train tracks and then lay her in the middle of the track and wait for the train to come.
I really don't understand how Uncharted 1&2 rate so high with so many people. I found it way too easy and fast.
Uncharted 2 was easy and fast for a while, but once I got to the train it took a turn for very difficult (I'm playing on the normal setting, maybe you had it set lighter than that?). I'm in the mountains now, finding the "getting around" part a lot more challenging and that one boss on the ice level was a beast to get by.
I suck at COD on PS3 because the controller is terrible for it if you have ever had the luxury of using an almost perfectly ergonomic 360 controller. I am not that far in GT5 yet. Just doing licenses right now.I had Red Dead for the 360. Turned it in for a $30 BB Gift Card a couple weeks ago because what you say is the truth. Jesus, horses just aren't that exciting to ride in a video game. I think the only fun I had in that game was going into a town and lassoing a woman, throw her on the horse, head out the train tracks and then lay her in the middle of the track and wait for the train to come.
See, now I'm going to have to play it again just so I can try that. The game was a lot of fun in the early goings...but I reached the point of having the full map open to me and jeez...every time I want to start a new mission I have to spend 20 minutes riding the damn horse to get there. There should be a setting where you can plot a course and skip to the checkpoint.
Uncharted 2 was easy and fast for a while, but once I got to the train it took a turn for very difficult (I'm playing on the normal setting, maybe you had it set lighter than that?). I'm in the mountains now, finding the "getting around" part a lot more challenging and that one boss on the ice level was a beast to get by.
the fact that the games are easy is actually a plus for me.. since in general I'm not a very good video game player (except for sports games). I also get frustrated really quickly and will stop playing a game if I get stuck. Uncharted 1/2 were like the perfect games for me. They had some challenging spots, but I never felt "stuck". and they moved quickly with a great story, and never got boring.Given my general suckiness, I wonder, looking back, how I ever got through the water Temple in Zelda: OOT. (my favourite game of all time). I think I was a lot more patient as a youngster.