• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Picked up Fable 3 after a long lay off. I'll probably finish it--I inadvertantly cheated, though. One of the big moral quandries is how to spend your character's money. Because I started to play, and then turned it off for months, when I turned it back on, my character had accumulated $600K. I played the demo for Dragon Age 2. I thought it looked just alright, I wasn't crazy abou the color palette. I played DA, but wasn't able to kill the dragon at the end. I'm a casual gamer at best, and setting up the tactics was confusing to me. Maybe I'm just out of RPG's in general?

Leaving tomorrow AM to release 10,000 balloons in SF for the release of a game, I think it is Homefront.Big video game conference there this week.Edit: Did it, some people were pissedHAHA, losers. 100% biodegradable balloons made from the sap of a tree. Not one animal has ever been found dead from eating a latex balloon. 100% environmentalist nutcases blowing up over something that is irrelevant.I would have done it for free if I knew this was going to be the result.

Leaving tomorrow AM to release 10,000 balloons in SF for the release of a game, I think it is Homefront.Big video game conference there this week.Edit: Did it, some people were pissedHAHA, losers. 100% biodegradable balloons made from the sap of a tree. Not one animal has ever been found dead from eating a latex balloon. 100% environmentalist nutcases blowing up over something that is irrelevant.I would have done it for free if I knew this was going to be the result.
I saw that online and thought I read that it was you online. That stinks.
I played the demo for Dragon Age 2. I thought it looked just alright, I wasn't crazy abou the color palette. I played DA, but wasn't able to kill the dragon at the end. I'm a casual gamer at best, and setting up the tactics was confusing to me. Maybe I'm just out of RPG's in general?
You didn't just put it on an easier difficulty setting? There is still interesting part(s) after you kill the dragon. I'm a fairly casual gamer too.Not sure I like that DA2's combat is the same as Assassin's Creed. Seems like an improvement over DA1 though.
I played the demo for Dragon Age 2. I thought it looked just alright, I wasn't crazy abou the color palette. I played DA, but wasn't able to kill the dragon at the end. I'm a casual gamer at best, and setting up the tactics was confusing to me. Maybe I'm just out of RPG's in general?
You don't need to set up the tactics if you're playing the game on casual or normal difficulty. Occasionally pausing to give out orders is helpful but even that is not entirely necessary. Just make sure you have a good tank, a healer, and a good ranged damage dealer. Fill in the other spot with a rogue (unless one of your three is already one) who has device mastery (I think that is what it is called) and have him/her fix the ballistas on the north/south ends of the map and fire away at the Archdemon. Also make sure to use the armies you have at your disposal (the ones you spent the entire game trying to fight with you) by using the advanced tactics option on the radial menu.If you do all of this, the battle should not be that difficult on casual.
You didn't just put it on an easier difficulty setting? There is still interesting part(s) after you kill the dragon. I'm a fairly casual gamer too.
You don't need to set up the tactics if you're playing the game on casual or normal difficulty. Occasionally pausing to give out orders is helpful but even that is not entirely necessary. Just make sure you have a good tank, a healer, and a good ranged damage dealer. Fill in the other spot with a rogue (unless one of your three is already one) who has device mastery (I think that is what it is called) and have him/her fix the ballistas on the north/south ends of the map and fire away at the Archdemon. Also make sure to use the armies you have at your disposal (the ones you spent the entire game trying to fight with you) by using the advanced tactics option on the radial menu.If you do all of this, the battle should not be that difficult on casual.
It's been so long since I played, I don't remember what I did. I probably adjusted the difficulty, and I remember specifically that I was frustrated my party wasn't allowed to reunite for the big battle. I've been hauling those ingrates across the countryside, listening to their chit-chat, massaging various egos--why the hell can't I have every-damn-body for my big fight?The sad truth is I had to have a (male) friend finish it for me. I make my husband kill any bugs, and have no problem handing over a tightly closed jar--but not finishing my own video game? That was a step too far!I finished Fable 3 this weekend--the campaign and both dlc's. I really liked it, and find myself continuing to finish up little quests. The prison island dlc was pretty challenging, more so than the campaign. I wish baddies had better AI. The glitches I experienced were stuttering and some dramatic pop up (more pronounced in the dlc's). There's also a quest that's stalled out on me--find four pieces and assemble them. I've assembled them, but that part of the game won't progress. I think I liked Fable 3 more than 2 because the story moved past the aging of the character.Bring on LA Noir!!

Fable 2 got a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed it. It was probably one of the easiest video games ever made, but it was almost relaxing to just pop in and play for a few hours. I liked exploring the world and doing all the little quests and buying up property.I rented Fable 3 and played it for a few hours and enjoyed it also. If it came out fo PS3 I'd probably buy it.

Fable 2 got a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed it. It was probably one of the easiest video games ever made, but it was almost relaxing to just pop in and play for a few hours. I liked exploring the world and doing all the little quests and buying up property.I rented Fable 3 and played it for a few hours and enjoyed it also. If it came out fo PS3 I'd probably buy it.
Just curious, why wouldn't you play it on the XBox?
Ha!I have been stuck in DA but totally forgot about there being a difficulty setting. Set it to casual and back on my way!
I tried a little of DA2 last night. I think all the female preset characters look like they could be featured on lookatthat****inghipster.com
Just curious, why wouldn't you play it on the XBox?
I'm on my 3rd or 4th xbox 360 (can't remember), all red lights of death. I didn't even play it THAT often. the last time I got a new one sent was several years ago. 2 years ago it started locking up and freezing again, plus I get random errors all the time, so I went out and bought a PS3 and never looked back. Haven't had a single issue with it. I still own the 360, but I pretty much refuse to spend another dime on it.

In the first action scene in Homefront, I rolled out of a bus and ran through a White Castle. No matter what happens, I can't rate this game lower than a 8/10 now.

In the first action scene in Homefront, I rolled out of a bus and ran through a White Castle. No matter what happens, I can't rate this game lower than a 8/10 now.
so after a day how would the rating be?

Still a great game. Campaign is awfully short but the story has a LOT of substance to it. Multiplayer is also quite different from your typical Call of Duty.

• 2 weeks later...

OkamidenI was expecting a new game. This is mostly a port, with 20% new game. I'll finish it, but I don't think I'll go to the crazy place where I try and collect everything. Also, there doesn't seem to be a warp or quick travel option. Is this normal in DS games?

This game is way too short. It'd be better if the suit didn't let you cloak and sneak around most threats. I played through the game on normal but won't be doing a second play through on hard.

Recently downloaded the following:Socom 4 Beta (PSN - Free - Open through Sunday I think). I thought the control's were really clunky. Never played a Socom game before. I will probably give it another shot over the next few days, but most likely wont be buying.MAG - (PSN - Free to play up through level 8) - I know this game has been out for awhile, but in the little gameplay I've had so far, it's been ok and almost fun. I think it's a smart move to offer it free to let people get a taste. There were plenty of people playing.Of the two, I preferred MAG, but neither was as good as COD.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I should get a PS3 since nothing ever happens to them like the 360...oh wait...nevermind. ;)Been a great couple weeks for games. Bought Homefront and after sometime with it I started to really enjoy the MP. The single player sucks balls but that is ok, the MP part gets the most playtime. Then I got Crysis 2. Uh, Homefront plays like a pile of dog poo compared to C2. The single player game has really been fun and as I am getting used to the controls and the game, the MP aspect is on par with CoD. Then Portal 2. OMG this game is just plain amazing to me. I never played the original Portal, (did purchase it on Steam yesterday) and I can't believe I ingored the awesomeness that is thinking with Portals.