Thoughts on Bioshock 2.Man this was a hard game to get into at the start. Without giving anything important, you just need to know that you are a Big Daddy this time around. Sounds cool but not really. You are a slow and oddly enough, one of the most fragile Big Daddy's. You have to fight many Big Daddy's in the game and while it will take you about 50 bullets, some fire, and some more bullets to kill one, they can kill you with 2 hits. Splicers(bad guys) attack you all the time but never go after all the other Big Daddy's. You have a mark on the palm of your hand that makes you different and they must see it from far away. Kind of weak.It's really slow at the start and not that much fun but now I am about halfway through and it is getting to be really good. Once you get some better weapons and plasmids things pick up. Still not as good as the first but it shows promise. I have read that the last 3 hours are amazing so I look forward to it.The multiplayer is retarded. It's like MW2 but in the Bioshock universe. Well maybe more like Team Fortress but not done well. Haven't played much and probably won't unless I try for a 1000/1000.
for someone who has never played this game and has no idea of anything from this game that is by far the most interesting review I have ever read.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

any of you guys heard about 2K10 doing that promo of be the first to throw a perfect game and win a million. And before I hear anything yes I know the show is better I play it on the PSP but I don't have a PS3. I played the 2k10 demo seemed not bad. Graphically it was pretty amazing the pitching structure seemed pretty cool. Of course struggled with the hitting. And the fielding was kinda blah. But I still plan on buying the game when it comes out next week tuesday.

any of you guys heard about 2K10 doing that promo of be the first to throw a perfect game and win a million. And before I hear anything yes I know the show is better I play it on the PSP but I don't have a PS3. I played the 2k10 demo seemed not bad. Graphically it was pretty amazing the pitching structure seemed pretty cool. Of course struggled with the hitting. And the fielding was kinda blah. But I still plan on buying the game when it comes out next week tuesday.
haha, i read the first line and immediately thought to myself...oh geez aadams is going to come in and say how much better the Show is.
any of you guys heard about 2K10 doing that promo of be the first to throw a perfect game and win a million.
Over/Under on how long it takes for someone to win this? 3 days

Bought heavy rain yesterday. Game starts out really slow but once you get going it all picks up and sucks you in. More like an interactive movie then a game. Ive heard there are more then 22 different endings for the game and many different story branches. There is no game over your dead, replay that part, the game just moves on. Think i have some how killed one of the main characters and im pissed about it. Graphics are amazing. Better then uncharted 2.

Bought heavy rain yesterday. Game starts out really slow but once you get going it all picks up and sucks you in. More like an interactive movie then a game. Ive heard there are more then 22 different endings for the game and many different story branches. There is no game over your dead, replay that part, the game just moves on. Think i have some how killed one of the main characters and im pissed about it. Graphics are amazing. Better then uncharted 2.
Played 2 hours and put it down. The controls and slow moving pace turned me off.
Played 2 hours and put it down. The controls and slow moving pace turned me off.
From what I hear, you need to give it 5-6 hours to really get going.

Oh look Sony has to apologize for faulty engineering now...

ELECTRONICS giant Sony has been forced to apologise after a major fault affected thousands of Playstation 3 owners today.Gamers around the world reported problems with the Playstation Network online service on their PS3, which has left them unable to play games and in some cases deleted or damaged achievements and trophies saved on the machines.It is thought the problem may be down to a problem with the internal clock or calendar in the machines, as it has manifested itself with the change of the month.The fault, which only affects owners of the 'chunky' older PS3 models as opposed to the more recent 'slim' versions. Users report seeing an error message that reads: "8001050F – Hardware failure. Cannot update Firmware or connect to internet".Afterwards it was found that they are unable to access or play games or content downloaded from the PlayStation Network, and find existing data has been damaged or wiped."We have narrowed down the issue and have engineers working to restore service," Sony admitted."We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and genuinely appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this."

I noticed that yesterday, I was like WTF... thought something might be wrong with my internet, but didn't need it at the moment, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Signed up for Gamefly this weekend. Should help keep my wallet fat and should get me off MW2 more often. Damn I can't stop playing that crapfest of a game. lol

Yeah, I really liked this game, but it's not for everyone. The controls never felt intuitive to me. I agree that it looks great, cinematic, etc. But I didn't think it ever got out of the uncanny valley.
I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, and I'm dying a lot.
You're playing renegade, right?
You're playing renegade, right?
The character I'm running through Insanity with is Paragon, but I have a Renegade character as well.
The character I'm running through Insanity with is Paragon, but I have a Renegade character as well.
I think it's easier with Renegade, you kill people off, avoid do-goodery side missions, etc.

I'll probably be picking up Heavy Rain sometime this week. The whole concept intrigues me enough to drop the $60 on it. A bit unsure about whether to also pick up Battlefield 2. Never really played the first one, and I heard the controls aren't as polished as say, MW2.

I'll probably be picking up Heavy Rain sometime this week. The whole concept intrigues me enough to drop the $60 on it. A bit unsure about whether to also pick up Battlefield 2. Never really played the first one, and I heard the controls aren't as polished as say, MW2.
Download the demo if you haven't already. It's a multiplayer demo so you get a decent idea of what the MP will be like. I didn't like it at all.

Anyone getting MLB 10? 2k10 didnt get good reviews so I'll end up getting the Show which has gotten good reviews the past few years

Anyone getting MLB 10? 2k10 didnt get good reviews so I'll end up getting the Show which has gotten good reviews the past few years
According to some around here The Show is worth giving up sex for their entire life. For those that have Xbox, 2KXX is our only choice. 08 was good, 09 was crap, the reviews I have read says that 10 is a big improvement over 09. I am still content playing my 08. It takes forever to play 162 game seasons (yes I play through each single game) much less two seasons which I have been doing from time to time. I can still adjust the rosters if need be.
I'm playing through Mass Effect 2 on Insanity, and I'm dying a lot.
What build are you using? After a few aborted attempts, I decided that the best option for an Insanity playthrough is Infiltrator with Grunt and someone with Warp. You've just got to be able to fight at range, so the sniper rifle is a must-have, and Cloaking puts the Infiltrator over the top. Grunt can soak up a lot of damage, and if Miranda spams warp, you can detonate mother****ers with whatever bonus power you use. Sometimes I bring Jack so I can use Squad Warp Ammo, or take Warp Ammo so don't need her. Anyway, yeah, even with that set-up, I'm still dying. A lot. It gets easier as you go, but some of the Collector nonsense is maddening. I spend most of the battle locked into the radial menu, trying to decide how to spread my team apart so we don't all get creamed by some particle laser beam. Soldier is probably the second best choice for Insanity.
What build are you using? After a few aborted attempts, I decided that the best option for an Insanity playthrough is Infiltrator with Grunt and someone with Warp. You've just got to be able to fight at range, so the sniper rifle is a must-have, and Cloaking puts the Infiltrator over the top. Grunt can soak up a lot of damage, and if Miranda spams warp, you can detonate mother****ers with whatever bonus power you use. Sometimes I bring Jack so I can use Squad Warp Ammo, or take Warp Ammo so don't need her. Anyway, yeah, even with that set-up, I'm still dying. A lot. It gets easier as you go, but some of the Collector nonsense is maddening. I spend most of the battle locked into the radial menu, trying to decide how to spread my team apart so we don't all get creamed by some particle laser beam. Soldier is probably the second best choice for Insanity.
Infiltrator for me as well. Widow+Assassination Cloak+Tungsten Ammo does an insane amount of damage. The cloak is also useful for flanking and getting out of trouble (unfortunately, I probably use it for that reason more than any other). I roll with Miranda + Garrus/Grunt, and I will be using Thane against the Collectors because he has Warp. Miranda is ridiculously useful. She has a power to strip any defense, and once the defense is down it usually only takes one headshot to kill any enemy. On top of that, her passive ability gives +15% weapon damage and +7.5% health to the entire squad. Are you playing with a character you previously beat ME2 with or a brand new character? I'm playing with a character I already beat it with, and it's kind of frustrating not having all the upgrades (though having the Widow from the beginning is obviously great).