So here's a question I have that maybe some of you guys can help me with. I'm fairly interested in DJ Hero, not overly interested enough to go out and straight buy it though. Would I be able to go into a Blockbuster (or wherever) and rent it so that it comes with the turntable and not just the game? Any other cheap solutions welcome as well.
I doubt it. I don't think I've ever seen a blockbuster renting out Guitars for Guitar Hero/Rockband so don't see why this would be different.I'm on the same boat as you though, I'm semi-interested but not enough to drop the $100 or whatever it costs. I got a chance to mess around with it a little bit at Best Buy the other day, and wasn't too impressed.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I doubt it. I don't think I've ever seen a blockbuster renting out Guitars for Guitar Hero/Rockband so don't see why this would be different.I'm on the same boat as you though, I'm semi-interested but not enough to drop the $100 or whatever it costs. I got a chance to mess around with it a little bit at Best Buy the other day, and wasn't too impressed.
I played a song at Best Buy and I liked it. So different strokes I guess. I played on medium and I liked the potential challenge, especially in getting the cross-fader into that middle slot, which seems like the hardest part of the game.
So here's a question I have that maybe some of you guys can help me with. I'm fairly interested in DJ Hero, not overly interested enough to go out and straight buy it though. Would I be able to go into a Blockbuster (or wherever) and rent it so that it comes with the turntable and not just the game? Any other cheap solutions welcome as well.
My wife just went to Costco today and she said that both DJ Hero and Tony Hawk Ride both had 20 bucks manufactures instant rebates. Not sure if that make the game cheaper to buy for you guys now. Gotta say I am hoping the wife might have bought the game for me.

I was playing some FFA on MW2 with one of my rl friends and he got genuinely upset with me after I knifed him and proceeded to steal his AC-130 care package. Apparently he's never been able to command either an AC-130 or a Chopper Gunner which I found pretty incredulous since he's logged in about the same amount of play time as me. (~50 hours)He's gotta be running pretty bad imo, since he's never gotten either kill streak on a stolen enemy care package either.

Since I was mostly playing objective based games which tend to kill my K/D ratio I found myself about 300+ more deaths than kills. I have now gone back to TDM and FFA and am now sitting at 32 more deaths than kills. I don't think K/D is that important but it is nice to be back around 1.00.Last night I was just plain dominating FFA.27-1228-430-1230-1427-322-21

I have had the luxury of doing everything but the nuke. I am now in love with this Killstreak loadUAVCare PackageEmergency DropLast night I got an ED on FFA and got a sentry gun, pavelow, AC130, and another pavelow.

Since I was mostly playing objective based games which tend to kill my K/D ratio I found myself about 300+ more deaths than kills. I have now gone back to TDM and FFA and am now sitting at 32 more deaths than kills. I don't think K/D is that important but it is nice to be back around 1.00.Last night I was just plain dominating FFA.27-1228-430-1230-1427-322-21
I feel the same way about the K/D ratio. The highest at one time I had it at 1.07. And then it just started dropping down super fast to like 1.01. Still above that but not by much.

IW "nerfed" the 1887s today and fixed the private match glitches.HOWEVER, they didn't really balance the 1887s b/c they retain their old range and power if you put on akimbo and FMJ with Bling. It's not supposed to do that, but IW forgot to change the settings for that combo to the updated settings.

Weeeeee got a PS3 for Christmas last night. Totally unexpected.On my way to GameCrazy now (only place open today) to pick up a couple of games. I'm thinking Infamous and Little Big Planet...maybe Uncharted 2.Any other must haves?

Weeeeee got a PS3 for Christmas last night. Totally unexpected.On my way to GameCrazy now (only place open today) to pick up a couple of games. I'm thinking Infamous and Little Big Planet...maybe Uncharted 2.Any other must haves?
Uncharted 2 is the real must have, not a maybe. LBP is solid fun.
Uncharted 2 is the real must have, not a maybe. LBP is solid fun.
Went with the two I listed. I definitely plan on getting Uncharted 2 sometime soon, since I know it's suppose to be awesome, But I feel it's one of those games that would consume my entire free time, and MW2 already does that on my 360. I want to at least prestige a couple of times before I devote most of my time to another game. Anyway, played inFamous for a bit last night and so far its pretty awesome. I love the open world aspect of it and graphically it's pretty impressive as well. Also went through a few levels together with my sister on LBP, that was pretty cool. This game is probably one of the main reasons I've wanted to get a PS3 for a while now and it hasn't disappointing. Just cute, senseless fun.I messed around with PlayStation Home for a bit also, and it seems like a pretty interesting concept. Don't know how popular it is in general, but I was intrigued.One thing that's disappointed me about the PS3 thus far though, is how long game updates take and how you have to install the game the first time you play it. On the 360, I could pop in the game, download any needed updates and have it fired up in less than 2 minutes. Last night it took around 15 minutes downloading 5 updates for LBP and then another 5 installing the game. Pretty gay.All in all pretty happy with it though. I think I'm going to stop off at GameStop on my way to work today and pick up MLB 09: The Show. I haven't been able to play a decent baseball game since I went from PS2 to a 360. Also going to try and get my Blu-ray collection started through craigslist.
Went with the two I listed. I definitely plan on getting Uncharted 2 sometime soon, since I know it's suppose to be awesome, But I feel it's one of those games that would consume my entire free time, and MW2 already does that on my 360. I want to at least prestige a couple of times before I devote most of my time to another game. Anyway, played inFamous for a bit last night and so far its pretty awesome. I love the open world aspect of it and graphically it's pretty impressive as well. Also went through a few levels together with my sister on LBP, that was pretty cool. This game is probably one of the main reasons I've wanted to get a PS3 for a while now and it hasn't disappointing. Just cute, senseless fun.I messed around with PlayStation Home for a bit also, and it seems like a pretty interesting concept. Don't know how popular it is in general, but I was intrigued.One thing that's disappointed me about the PS3 thus far though, is how long game updates take and how you have to install the game the first time you play it. On the 360, I could pop in the game, download any needed updates and have it fired up in less than 2 minutes. Last night it took around 15 minutes downloading 5 updates for LBP and then another 5 installing the game. Pretty gay.All in all pretty happy with it though. I think I'm going to stop off at GameStop on my way to work today and pick up MLB 09: The Show. I haven't been able to play a decent baseball game since I went from PS2 to a 360. Also going to try and get my Blu-ray collection started through craigslist.
All the updates and stuff is pretty rare from what I can tell. I assume it's because the game has been out awhile, so there's been a lot of updates to catch up on. I thought usually it would still only be 1 update for everything, but I guess not. Strange that it would take longer than something on the xbox, I would assume internet connection has everything to do with the speed as opposed to the system. Maybe just a big update.MLB:The Show games are nice.I'm not sure if Home is very popular, I haven't been on there since the first week. It's probably better now though.
anyone else playing dragon age?i feel like this is a game i want to have a walkthrough available so i don't miss quests or opportunities.
Nope, probably too time consuming for me. But it's 40 bucks at Best Buy right now along with a ton of other good games. Unfortunately I have most of the ones I want except DJ Hero, and that's not on sale, but I might go get it anyway, I have $50 in GC's.
i feel like this is a game i want to have a walkthrough available so i don't miss quests or opportunities.
I think walkthroughs and guides are pretty necessary for RPGs. I've played through 95% of the game, but played quickly and on Casual, so I think I missed a lot. (I was too lazy to read the book. Holy crap, that's pretty lazy.)
I think walkthroughs and guides are pretty necessary for RPGs. I've played through 95% of the game, but played quickly and on Casual, so I think I missed a lot. (I was too lazy to read the book. Holy crap, that's pretty lazy.)
i will agree. i think fallout 3 is one of the best games i've ever played, and after about 5 hours with it, i loaded up the wikia because i had a question and was instantly pissed at how much awesome stuff i had been missing already.

I actually just started playing Fallout 3 last week for the first time. I'm roughly 18 hours deep with my main, who I've managed to tumble into a very bad character with horrible karma without even trying. So I went back and created another character to try to focus on being good.

I actually just started playing Fallout 3 last week for the first time. I'm roughly 18 hours deep with my main, who I've managed to tumble into a very bad character with horrible karma without even trying. So I went back and created another character to try to focus on being good.
From my experience, the game is much more enjoyable and rewarding playing with good karma.

Haven't played a ton of MW2 lately since getting the PS3 for Xmas, but I'll probably put in a lengthy session tonight to try and prestige already.My friend has been able to prestige for a few days now but he's been waiting for me since we're going to do a small prop bet on who can prestige the fastest again, so we both need to prestige at the same time.

Finally got to 70 in MW2. I think I'm almost done with it though. Will have to play around with the AK for a bit but can't see putting in too much more time. Never played COD4 and started this one with a KD around .60 for the first 15 hours or so. As of now I'm at .96 and should make it back to 1 before I quit. Might be crappy for some of you out there but for me to get back to 1:1 after my horrible start I am extremely happy with that.

Got DJ Hero. Only played 8-9 songs so far, but I like it. Makes me dance as I play, it helps keep the rhythm somehow. Scratching is kind of a bitch though, especially with the blue button.