You guys are really gonna force me to get this thing? I've never been much of a FPS gamer on consoles and I'm much more used to them on PC. I'm not even sure I want to get myself into it. The biggest problem is that my entire NHL 10 EASHL club now has the game and that might make it hard to play NHL 10 which by far takes up most of my PS3 time.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Just get it Dev, be one of the cool people! lolI played some single player last night...The snow mission was awesome. My wife was in the room and stopped and watched when Mac and you get on the snowmobiles and she was in awe. It was definitely awesome.Luckily she went back to her office to work before seeing No Russian. I have to be honest, that mission really bothered me. I am not sure it was needed and I don't have any desire to play it again. I pride myself on not being easily offended or bothered by things but I found it completely unnecessary. I won't go into detail but those who played it would know. I am sure as more people get it, the discussion can be had. Or I could stop being lazy and use spoiler tags.

I have to be honest, that mission really bothered me. I am not sure it was needed and I don't have any desire to play it again. I pride myself on not being easily offended or bothered by things but I found it completely unnecessary. I won't go into detail but those who played it would know. I am sure as more people get it, the discussion can be had. Or I could stop being lazy and use spoiler tags.
When you start the game it gives you the option whether you want to play it or not.
You guys are really gonna force me to get this thing? I've never been much of a FPS gamer on consoles and I'm much more used to them on PC. I'm not even sure I want to get myself into it. The biggest problem is that my entire NHL 10 EASHL club now has the game and that might make it hard to play NHL 10 which by far takes up most of my PS3 time.
I just got Uncharted 2, which is amazing btw, and that's all I've played lately... but I figured I should get on board for this game early, cause I know I was listening for like a year on COD4 about people going to play and whatnot. So what the hell.I should finish up Uncharted today probably. Should be pretty close to the end.I need more PS3 friends with the same games as me. Most of the people on my list are never on at all.
When you start the game it gives you the option whether you want to play it or not.
True but it doesn't tell you what you will be skipping. What is it? Blood? Someones head get chopped off, a bad scene? It doesn't prepare you at all what it really is they are giving you the option to skip. The option is there so they can just say "hey we gave people the option." If I would have known what it was I was skipping I know I would have just skipped it and been fine with it.I had no clue that was going to happen. None. That warning didn't prepare me for it either. I know I am sounding like an old cranky guy but I am not. I am not mad that they put it in the game, I am not mad that I played it. It was just something that I personally believe was not needed. You could tell that part of the story much differently than they did.For those who know or don't care about knowing....

You could easily make a cut scene that shows the Russian terrorists killing civilians in an airport and then get on with the story. But to put you right there in the middle of it all and kind of push you in the direction to have some fun and kill civilians is a little too much imo. I didn't shoot my gun once in that mission until the authorities came and I had to just to finish it. I will live having played it. I will not boycott the game. I just think they took it too far, or farther than it needed to be to tell their "story." All these idiots go around blaming games for the problems with kids these days. Oh school shooting, must be video games, etc. This doesn't help one bit. This just gives those people more ammunition. That is not the way to do it imo.

True but it doesn't tell you what you will be skipping. What is it? Blood? Someones head get chopped off, a bad scene? It doesn't prepare you at all what it really is they are giving you the option to skip. The option is there so they can just say "hey we gave people the option." If I would have known what it was I was skipping I know I would have just skipped it and been fine with it.I had no clue that was going to happen. None. That warning didn't prepare me for it either. I know I am sounding like an old cranky guy but I am not. I am not mad that they put it in the game, I am not mad that I played it. It was just something that I personally believe was not needed. You could tell that part of the story much differently than they did.For those who know or don't care about knowing....

You could easily make a cut scene that shows the Russian terrorists killing civilians in an airport and then get on with the story. But to put you right there in the middle of it all and kind of push you in the direction to have some fun and kill civilians is a little too much imo. I didn't shoot my gun once in that mission until the authorities came and I had to just to finish it. I will live having played it. I will not boycott the game. I just think they took it too far, or farther than it needed to be to tell their "story." All these idiots go around blaming games for the problems with kids these days. Oh school shooting, must be video games, etc. This doesn't help one bit. This just gives those people more ammunition. That is not the way to do it imo.

Meh, I didn't feel anything while playing through the level, tbh. Maybe I was a bit desensitized because I saw videos and read about it before actually playing it, but to me I just took it as what it is, a game. How's this any different than killing and running civilians over in GTA IV?

Meh, I didn't feel anything while playing through the level, tbh. Maybe I was a bit desensitized because I saw videos and read about it before actually playing it, but to me I just took it as what it is, a game. How's this any different than killing and running civilians over in GTA IV?

I know it is just a game but that doesn't necessarily mean it can be over the line. The difference I see between this and GTA is that GTA is a parody of sorts, this is "realistic." Like I said, I am not angry about it, just thought it was completely unnecessary. I am curious what they do if you skip it. They need to talk about it or show something to make an earlier scene ake more sense and well killing off your character needs to be told somehow. And this is just my opinion, not saying I am right.

I know it is just a game but that doesn't necessarily mean it can be over the line. The difference I see between this and GTA is that GTA is a parody of sorts, this is "realistic." Like I said, I am not angry about it, just thought it was completely unnecessary. I am curious what they do if you skip it. They need to talk about it or show something to make an earlier scene ake more sense and well killing off your character needs to be told somehow. And this is just my opinion, not saying I am right.

Pretty good article on the subject. http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/21...-airport-level/edit: And a
to the level being discussed for those who don't really care about spoilers.

Just got tactical nuked tonight for the first time. It happened in a CTF match and it was pretty epic.Also messed around with Special Ops for a while with my friend, and that was insanely fun.

I'm somewhere in the 3rd act of the campaign and I must say that I am have a lot of fun playing through he story.The environments are really cool and look amazing. The colors are so much more vibrant, the game is visually stunning. The special ops are very fun, it's a great way for 2 people to enjoy the game rather than take turns at multyplayer. Now the only thing that bothers me about the game is the screen graphics in the lobby. It's a very boring light grey and white, I was immewdiately turned off by the apperance. The challenges and gun accomplishments in multiplayer are written in white on a light background. I find it makes it difficul to look at and I'm already disinterested with the accomplishment because of it. COD4 had a really sweet setup for all that noise.

wee just had the best round so far. 24-4 on airport. started off 9-0. Damn helicopter in that map is useless.
One of my favorite maps along with High Rise and Favela. No work today = playing MP all day!

I am going to say this and I fully expect some shit for it but...I think they went a little gunho on the kill streaks. I like all the different kinds but maybe just keep it where at 3 you get the UAV, then you can choose your 5 and 7. Instead you can get a heli at 3 or the AC130 at 3 (if you have hardline equipped, 4 if not). I have over 1 k/d ratio simply because I can get 3 kills, get the care package, get a pavelow and that will get me 8 more kills and I could just sit and hide if I wanted too. I just think it is a little overboard. Fun at first but really changes the feel of MP for me.

I'm testing my discipline and beating the campaign on veteran before hopping into MP, and holy shit, the

predator missile/part where you need to get to the sub in 2 min

on Contingency is ****ing impossible.

If you're invited to a match do the following.Hit the PS buttonGo to Account management and hit triangleSign outNow sign back on to the PSN networkNow accept the Invite.WOO LAH yeah it sucks to do it but it works. suppose to be a patch by friday
My friends and I tried this and it didn't work either. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow's patch.
I just got Uncharted 2, which is amazing btw, and that's all I've played lately... but I figured I should get on board for this game early, cause I know I was listening for like a year on COD4 about people going to play and whatnot. So what the hell.I should finish up Uncharted today probably. Should be pretty close to the end.I need more PS3 friends with the same games as me. Most of the people on my list are never on at all.
I have both games and I think Uncharted is better. The graphics are great, the game play really flows, and the multiplayer was done well. The fact that I haven't been able link up with friends in MW2 is pushing me away right now.If you're looking for somebody to play Uncharted on the PS3 I'm BD_SuperflyTNT.
I have both games and I think Uncharted is better. The graphics are great, the game play really flows, and the multiplayer was done well. The fact that I haven't been able link up with friends in MW2 is pushing me away right now.If you're looking for somebody to play Uncharted on the PS3 I'm BD_SuperflyTNT.
Damn, just shut it down or I'd add you... if you get there first, mine is "SuitedUp".I haven't played the UC2 multiplayer yet, but yeah, even without playing MW2 I was pretty sure UC2 was going to be the better overall game. Especially campaign.... It was like nothing I've played before. MW2 was basically made for MP.I hate hearing everyone having trouble with MW2 campaign though, I am not a fan of too much difficulty when I'm playing by myself on things.
I am going to say this and I fully expect some shit for it but...I think they went a little gunho on the kill streaks. I like all the different kinds but maybe just keep it where at 3 you get the UAV, then you can choose your 5 and 7. Instead you can get a heli at 3 or the AC130 at 3 (if you have hardline equipped, 4 if not). I have over 1 k/d ratio simply because I can get 3 kills, get the care package, get a pavelow and that will get me 8 more kills and I could just sit and hide if I wanted too. I just think it is a little overboard. Fun at first but really changes the feel of MP for me.
Never really thought about it like that but I guess that is true. I like to hide on the side of the care package and kill the enemy as they are trying to grab it. Got my only triple kill that way.But there are just a ton more choices for everything in this game compared to COD 4. A lot of times more isn't always better but it seems they didn't shortchange things so it seems really good.

The only historic team available is Montreal because its their 100th anniversary, also because they have the most hall of famers, most Stanley cups and they are the most storied franchise.

Am I missing something or is there really no matchmaking for online Special Ops? I've played a few missions with a friend by inviting him, but I tried playing with a random person today and couldn't figure out how to do it.