I already have MW2 on pre-order. I have been playing Forza 3, Batman Arkham Asylum, and any & all music games especially The Beatles: Rock Band. I have been wanting to play some DJ Hero, but I have balked at the price for the time being.I have a receipt in front of me and it's 8.5% statewide with local municipalities being higher than that. I know here in southern Illinois that the cities of Marion, Carbondale, and West Frankfort all have extra taxes due to them being home rule communities. I think only California has a higher sales tax than Illinois...but I could be wrong.
Yea, I researched it actually, after the tax was brought up in the thread, and you're right, local municipalities have different sales taxes. Chicago happens to have the highest in the nation though, because of some crazy extra taxes they add, to certain things you buy.
The city of Chicago has the highest total sales tax of all major U.S. cities.[58] It is also one of the most complex. 10.25% is levied on all non-perishable goods purchased, while 2% is levied on qualifying food, drugs, medicines and medical appliances.[58] The Illinois Department of Revenue collects a 3% Chicago Soft Drink Tax and a 1% Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA) "Food and Beverage Tax", on prepared food and beverage purchases in the downtown area (These "downtown" boundaries are: Surf Street on the north, Ashland Avenue on the west, Stevenson Expressway (I-55) on the south, & Lake Michigan on the east. Furthermore, O'Hare and Midway airports also fall under the 1% MPEA tax district).[59] In addition, the Chicago Department of Revenue collects additional sales taxes on items such as fountain drinks, bottled water, liquor, and cigarettes.[60]
I've definitely bought shit that's had up to a 12.5% sales tax, which is why i mentioned that number earlier.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I haven't been really fond of military FPS games since the first Call of Duty. It's just a flooded genre that I'm completely bored of. Every once in a while I'll play one of the newer ones at a friends house or something, but none of them really hold my attention.A lot of it also has to do with having a group of people you like playing with, which I don't really have.
My friends are like you in the sense that they don't like playing with people they don't know. Cause so many times you were be getting yelled at or screwing up for something. For me I got lucky when I was playing Rainbow six vegas. Played with a bunch of the same guys that I met through the game. From that game they went to Rainbow six vegas 2, which I think they played for maybe a month, and they we all went back to COD 4. We always talk about it but maybe with MW2 coming out we can get a bunch of FCP guys together and play consistently together. I know I have jumped into games with you guys here and there but we all have never fully tried to play together.
CoD4 is about the most noob-friendly FPS game out there, imo. And the addictive nature of it makes you want to play more and more, ergo you get better and better.The beauty of the online multiplayer is the balance that Infinity Ward created with all the weapons/perks/attachments. So even someone who has put in tons of hours and has all the best gear unlocked, still does not have that big an advantage over someone who is playing with a standard starting class.And I gotta disagree about the single player Campaign. I thought CoD4's was fantastic, albeit a bit short. But MW2's is suppose to be even more awesome.
Totally agree with you about the single player for COD 4. I thought it was one of the most awesome single player games. Hell it made me try and play the game at a higher difficulty, which is something that I never do. As for the Multi player though sometimes it is just best to not plug in a mic. Cause sometimes the worst part about the multiplayer is hearing other guys bitching and moaning or talking smack. Can't wait. Hoping this one small store by my house gets the game early. They had madden a week early and UFC out early too. Gotta keep calling them everyday to see if they get it.
We always talk about it but maybe with MW2 coming out we can get a bunch of FCP guys together and play consistently together. I know I have jumped into games with you guys here and there but we all have never fully tried to play together. Totally agree with you about the single player for COD 4. I thought it was one of the most awesome single player games. Hell it made me try and play the game at a higher difficulty, which is something that I never do. As for the Multi player though sometimes it is just best to not plug in a mic. Cause sometimes the worst part about the multiplayer is hearing other guys bitching and moaning or talking smack. Can't wait. Hoping this one small store by my house gets the game early. They had madden a week early and UFC out early too. Gotta keep calling them everyday to see if they get it.
Lots of stuff I agree with in this post. I personally am not a fan of many military type games, FPS or anything else. I have COD 2,34, and WAW. I loved COD4 so much that I went out and got the others and I have to say, I don't enjoy them at all. WAW was okay only because Treyarch took a bunch of cues from IW, but failed imo on so many things. I think I am maybe just level 56 never prestiged in WAW. COD4 single player is one of the best games I have ever played in this genre hands down. The whole thing was amazing, so much so that I have played through it 3 times and now still playing a bit of it for a 4th time. I will come out and say this, I suck at COD4. The only reason I am GC 55 is because I can't stop playing the game. It's the only multiplayer game where I never felt self conscious about playing and other than randomly playing with a few guys here from FCP I don't know anyone I am playing against. For the most part through my 530+ hours playing online have I ever had an issue with anyone I have played with. I rarely ever have my mic as I am just not that talkative. I think the only verbal fight I got into was when this douchebag was picking on this kid and so I stepped in and defended the kid and it got pretty heated, well as heated as it can get online. Other than that it's been great compared to other games I have played online where if you do one thing wrong you get kicked or berated, Halo 3 is a good example of that. I can't stand their online community. Biggest dicks I have ever played with. Last night I was playing some free for all just working on headshots on my M4 and everyone was being cool. Laughing about crazy kills, complimenting each other on good shots and such. It was fun and no one knew each other and everyone was just enjoying a good game. MW2 will be crazy to start off. The arrogant COD4 players will be on immediately and probably douching up the MP part of the game but after awhile things will calm down. I will probably spend the first week just playing single player and getting used to it before getting deep into the MP part of it.And I agree. We need to start an FCP clan on MW2.
My friends are like you in the sense that they don't like playing with people they don't know. Cause so many times you were be getting yelled at or screwing up for something.
This was a major problem with NHL 09's Online Be a Pro (MMO mode) mode. I actually enjoyed playing defense unlike most people however that also made me very vulnerable to the trash talking every time a goal was scored. Let me set this up here: What usually ended up happening was 3 players who had no idea what the hell they were doing played as the three forwards. Like clockwork on every play in our offensive zone the 3 forwards would circle jerk around the puck in the corner instead of playing their positions. When the other team ultimately ended up with the puck they would for a 3 on 2, 4 on 2, or even a 4 on 1 with me being the lone defenseman. Well anyone who knows just a little bit about hockey knows that these match-ups are bad news and almost always end up as goals for the other team. I would do what I could to stop the puck but wasn't always successful in doing so since I was outnumbered. I would then get a verbal lashing from the dipshits in the circle jerk about how the defense screwed up in allowing a goal instead of looking in the mirror at the real reason. That's the main reason I quit playing that game online. Now I do like in game chat but I do believe that shock collars should be mandatory with the mic for dumbass comments, and shifting blame away from the people who really deserve it.

My friend linked me this review to a game called The Void that was developed by some Russian gaming studio. I really got a kick out of the reviewer saying this...

A review is designed to provide the reader with a description of the game, and then act as a buyer's guide. This will fail on both counts, since The Void is so far outside of the realms of helpful description that I might as well phone you up and make animal noises at you, and since I honestly couldn't tell you whether you should buy this or not.
I'll be playing MW2 on PS3 starting Monday at midnight when it comes out. My PS3 tag is NorthernTKE so im def up for playing next week.
Add me... SuitedUpNot sure if i'm getting this game, but maybe for other ones. Almost done with the Uncharted 2 campaign.

I've put 40 hours into Dragon Age in 8 days. It's kind of addicting. Got MW2 in on Friday but not sure if I'll even plug it in. I think I'm probably the only gamer in the world who hasn't played or beaten the original Modern Warfare. Although I guess it''s just a shooter. Not like I'm missing out on any huge story element right?

been so busy haven't been able to come one here. Was able to get MW 2 on friday however I didn't get a chance to play it at all. I have played maybe about 3 hours of multiplayer and WOW. Graphics are amazing those different perks and guns are fun. The maps have been challenging to figure out but I have a few favorites already. Hopefully once the rest of you get the game we can get some multiplayer going. Also I haven't even touched the single player mode. I typically play that first but I just couldn't wait to get into multiplayer. Hopefully the wife lets me put in a number of hours into the game today.Time to get back to the xbox.if you don't have me added on xbox my gamer tag again is byaaat00. Just send a message too that you are from FCP.

been so busy haven't been able to come one here. Was able to get MW 2 on friday however I didn't get a chance to play it at all. I have played maybe about 3 hours of multiplayer and WOW. Graphics are amazing those different perks and guns are fun. The maps have been challenging to figure out but I have a few favorites already. Hopefully once the rest of you get the game we can get some multiplayer going. Also I haven't even touched the single player mode. I typically play that first but I just couldn't wait to get into multiplayer. Hopefully the wife lets me put in a number of hours into the game today.Time to get back to the xbox.if you don't have me added on xbox my gamer tag again is byaaat00. Just send a message too that you are from FCP.
<-------- JEALOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSseriously, can't fucking wait.
soooo ****ing stoked for tomorrow night
I'm going to blow my load all over the game. Then I'll forget I actually have responsibilities and will fail all my classes. There is some double XP going on right now for CoD4 as a farewell I assume, either way I think I had one of my last play sessions tonight.

I know I'm going to get flamed. Or more likely ignored :club: But the airport level in MW2 really did not sit well with me. I know that you can skip it and it's just a game and blah blah blah. I'm not saying it should not have been included. I just really didn't like it. The slow pace of it. Just everything. Really bothered me. OMO

I know I'm going to get flamed. Or more likely ignored :club: But the airport level in MW2 really did not sit well with me. I know that you can skip it and it's just a game and blah blah blah. I'm not saying it should not have been included. I just really didn't like it. The slow pace of it. Just everything. Really bothered me. OMO
Well being that only 2 of us seem to have the game right now, I think you will be fine for now since I have no clue what you are talking about and don't want to know and would rather play the game myself. I have done well not to even watch gameplay video's or screen shots. I just want to sit down after getting it at the midnight release and enjoy it without knowing what to expect.
Well being that only 2 of us seem to have the game right now, I think you will be fine for now since I have no clue what you are talking about and don't want to know and would rather play the game myself. I have done well not to even watch gameplay video's or screen shots. I just want to sit down after getting it at the midnight release and enjoy it without knowing what to expect.
Me too!I have watched ONE video on MW2 and seen maybe 2-3 ads for it on tv (thanks tivo!) so I am just going to absorb it all tonight

I was getting a little nervous that my Prestige Edition hadn't been shipped by Amazon yet, cause I paid for release-date delivery. But just received my confirmation email a few minutes ago. Should be here sometime tomorrow afternoon. :club: Then it's GG social life.