• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

That game will NEVER compare to the aawesomeness that was the original X-Men arcade game. That thing was boss.
Kinda like the Ninja Turtles 4 player arcade game.

Picked up Tiger Woods '10 for PS3. Anyone else got it? The graphics are improved and the tournament challenges are much harder. The new putting pisses me off but I'm getting used to it.I haven't played online yet.

Just got home from a fighting game tournament. Had a good time, not so good results, but learned a lot and had a blast.Games that were played:BrawlSF4Super Turbo HD RemixVampire Savior (Which I did surprisingly well in)But the highlight of the night......I got to play the Final Fantasy XIII demo. One of my friends over there imported Advent Children on Blu-ray, and it comes with a copy of the demo for PS3, and since the PS3 doesn't have the region blocking between the US and Japan like the 360 does, this is a natural pick up.I think I came twice during the whole experience. That game, I will go ahead and call it, will be game of the year in 2010. It is graphically astounding. The cut scenes hardly look that different from the in-game scenes themselves. For a game to do that is just breathtaking. The battle system does look a lot like 12, which makes people apprehensive, but it plays so much like the old Active Time Battle systems of old (e.g. VII, VIII, IX) that it more than makes up for 12's system. And oh yes. COMBOS!This system is astounding. Each turn, you get 3 slots (4 apparently in the full version) of attacks to make. Each attack at your disposal has a number of slots it requires to be performed. Certain attacks will allow your opponent to be put into a juggle state, where then certain moves done will launch them in the air and allow you to do dramatic and powerful moves in the air against your opponent, plus it stuns them on the drop (it appears). Making full use of the system right now is hampered by the demo automating the rest of your party's actions.At the end of each battle, also, is a ranking system, which, obv, ranks how skillfully you dispatch your enemies.It is worth noting a second time how beautiful this game is. Like, this takes everything I've liked about Final Fantasy with none of what I disliked. I can't tel you how the magic system will work yet, because I didn't see it showcased. The world map is reminiscent of Final Fantasy X. This was one thing I did like about X. But still, I do miss the free roam on the globe in other Final Fantasies. As long as they maintain side quests with this map, I'll be fine though, as that's about the only thing the world map was good for in other games.All the characters are well put together. It just blends so well with the environment. I am just in awe of this game, and as soon as a pre-sale is announced, I buy whatever the limited edition package is without even seeing the contents of it. It could be square-enix branded sex toys, and for this game, I'd buy it. Unless it's a Cactuar vibrator. That would just be too much.But this game is a must have...period.Another game that was played that caught my fancy: Rag Doll Kung Fu for the PS3. This game was so blazingly simple, hilarious, and exciting. My friends who only play smash saw this game and was dying over how hilariously awesome it was. If they weren't closing, I could've played that game for two more hours, without question. If I get a PS3, that will be DLC I definitely get.All told, fun times today, even with ousts out of the tournaments, Final Fantasy made this outing worth it.

I had an Arkanoid set, but decided to sell it away after it started to collect some dust. I still love the game, though. I think my favorite arcade would have to be the X-MEN beat 'em up.xmenarcade.jpg
I love that game. Here is my all time favorite arcade game. :club:NEW_Simpsons_Arc_47e92d99404c1.jpg
Did you go to devastation?
No, Phoenix is way too far to go right now.I went to Aerial Rave in St. Louis.BTW, I played teddy in SF4, he brings the realness.I'm going to be working on leveling up my Cammy something fierce this week. Should make for an interesting rematch later on.I would jump over a simpsons arcade game XBLA release.
Installed COD2 just to go through the Veteran campaign on it, because as far as I remember I didn't complete that, so that's what I'm gaming.
If I remember correctly...good luck, that is supposed to be the hardest Veteran mode on any of the COD's.
Installed COD2 just to go through the Veteran campaign on it, because as far as I remember I didn't complete that, so that's what I'm gaming.
If I remember correctly...good luck, that is supposed to be the hardest Veteran mode on any of the COD's.
I have completed the game on veteran, and I can verify that it is the hardest of them all. It took me over 4 hours just to finish the final level. I yelled every curse word I could think of trying to complete that game. All in all it wasn't worth all the stress it caused me, but I can at least say that I did finish it.
Hmm, I might open my SF4 finally and start playing it.
tbauza, Hanguk, and I all play it. I also see that you have been playing some Gears...I'm also into both Gears 1 and 2. I suck at both, but like to play them.
No, Phoenix is way too far to go right now.I went to Aerial Rave in St. Louis.BTW, I played teddy in SF4, he brings the realness.I'm going to be working on leveling up my Cammy something fierce this week. Should make for an interesting rematch later on.I would jump over a simpsons arcade game XBLA release.
lol, i beat u like 20-2 :club: Pick a real char and stop dicking around with Cammy.I went to this tourney on Sat, was my best placing yet. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=195844

I'm not going to make many excuses for my play, except for the fact that both my wins were with Cammy (LOL). Honestly, I just got Live back. There's no scene around me except for St. Louis, so I really only get to play them once a month. I have two friends that want to get into SF4 from Brawl. Note that I said get into, because they are currently horrible SF scrubs. One has great execution (and he uses a 360 pad...using the analog stick...wtf) but thinks a proper mixup strat is to throw 3 times in a row, then sweep the next time. The other one AFAIK still doesn't throw specials, but I haven't played him in a while.I'm playing decently right now for what I know (and it isn't a full working knowledge yet, the above limitations really hampered my knowledge of the game. Because it's pretty bad when the only "real" local competition you have is the AI). But once I got into Grade 2 of Champ Mode, I found it, sadly, harder to progress. Thus, I need to level up.I'm still tweaking my Cammy, going to work on stuff I found in an advanced play video that was posted on SRK. She's still going to be my main for now because I have the more knowledge about her than any character in the game, she was my secondary in Super Turbo, and I feel more comfortable with her than any character at this point. I'm also working on Rufus, as I really feel comfortable with his style. Whether he will eventually transcend Cammy as my main or not, we'll see.But honestly, I take tier lists with a grain of salt. They're accurate, but they are not the be-all end-all in the game. I have never been comfortable playing top tier characters in games, i have always played mid-tier or lower, with the exception of 3rd Strike, as I played Chun; however, my secondary was Q. But I generally do worse with top and high tier characters than I do mid or low tier characters.On top of that, there is this insanely good Fuerte player in St. Louis that is constantly placing high in these tournaments. He's proven that low tiers can compete. Therefore, I can't help but do work with Cammy, just because he's proven it's possible.BTW congrats on 5th in that tournament bro. BTW give me some advice with Rufus plzkthx, I assumed during our matches he had to be your main, because that matchup gave me the most problems. Crap, looking through that thread, I didn't realize how long you'd been in the scene. Humbling.

sign on CS:S and get a good whooping. :club:

you arent going to progress using low tier unless you have a really good understanding of top tier. the reason why it feels like you do better with low tier is because you end up relying on stupid gimmicks rather than getting a true understanding of SF. The match we had pretty much defines people who rely on gimmicks in long sets. They use their gimmicks to win early matches, then when they get adapted on, theres really nothing they can do. and having no scene isnt really an excuse. It may have been before but not now. The 2 best players in Toronto (IMO) dont even travel for tourneys, not even local ones, and only play online. This is like a mini poker boom, take advg of it while you can. Theres so many people online out there who dont have a clue about fighting games, if you're on srk you should have an advg.My main advice (if you really want to level up) would be to learn a char that doesnt rely on as many gimmicks or gambles to win. As for Rufus advice, watch Kindevu/Jwong vids, they're the best rufus'es around.

(and he uses a 360 pad...using the analog stick...wtf)
before I got my fight stick I found that I played much better with the analog stick compared to the D-padthe analog stick made it so much easier to pull off rotational movements

If I'm playing on a controller, I have to use the D-pad. IMO the analog stick is unintuitive for fighters.Garou: Mark of the Wolves comes out on XBLA tomorrow morning. Going to pick that one up.

If I'm playing on a controller, I have to use the D-pad. IMO the analog stick is unintuitive for fighters.Garou: Mark of the Wolves comes out on XBLA tomorrow morning. Going to pick that one up.
I find the D-pads to be clunky and like the precision I can get with the analog stick...different strokes for different folks I guess.

I bought World at War about a week ago just because my friend said I HAD to get into Nazi Zombies, which I've never played before.Anyway got through the single player campaign in a couple of days (nothing special, I liked COD4's better) and then Saturday night 3 of my friends came over to play.We bought the new Map Pack 2 (Shu No Numa) and this being the first time playing, I sucked immensely, not to mention I'd smoked a blunt right before playing so I was way out of it.But anyway the highest I got with one of my friends was level 8, with him doing most of the work, while my other two friends got to around level 9 or 10. It's the damn helldogs that always **** us over. I'll probably be on in a little while if anyone doesn't mind playing with a nazi zombie noob.CrookedLink on XBOXLive

Finally got my joystick fixed today. My replacement circuit board came via Fedex today. Spent about an hour unwiring the old one and then resoldering everything to the new one. Works like a charm, played 25 straight matches in HD Remix without any problems.Haven't tried the PS3 support, but i'm sure it's fine.

I bought World at War about a week ago just because my friend said I HAD to get into Nazi Zombies, which I've never played before.Anyway got through the single player campaign in a couple of days (nothing special, I liked COD4's better) and then Saturday night 3 of my friends came over to play.We bought the new Map Pack 2 (Shu No Numa) and this being the first time playing, I sucked immensely, not to mention I'd smoked a blunt right before playing so I was way out of it.But anyway the highest I got with one of my friends was level 8, with him doing most of the work, while my other two friends got to around level 9 or 10. It's the damn helldogs that always **** us over. I'll probably be on in a little while if anyone doesn't mind playing with a nazi zombie noob.CrookedLink on XBOXLive
I will probably jump on in a little bit. I think the highest I have gotten with my friends is level 13. And with three random guys I got to level 17 or 18. The dogs can be crazy. But just try and get every one in a small room and let the dogs come to you. In the beginning time the room behind the mystery box is a good place to hang out.