mine's still under warranty for another year and a half, so I'm good to goIt just sucks that it died. I was playing Rock Band 2 and in the middle of making a setlist I heard a beep from the 360 and the system froze. I hit the power button and the red ring showed up.I just find it cheaper to game on a console. My brother is one of those people who wouldn't think twice about throwing $2K for a gaming computer. My line of thinking is that the $2K can buy me a 360, PS3, Wii, etc. and also afford me a hell of a game library with accessories...and still have money left over to make a mortgage payment or two.
Where the *&@$^^@&$^ do you live? I need to get there.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Your math is horrible. Not to mention estimation of the lifespan of a gaming PC is way off.My PS3 = 500My 360 = 450My Wii = 250So that's 1200 just on consoles. Price of the gaming PC I just built late last year was just under 900. Nothing on it will be outdated for at least two years and even then I'll just be able to run a second video card that by the time will cost me another 100 dollars or less and it will be looking as good as what the PS4 or Xbox 720 will be doing and easily keep up with all current games for the next 4 years. Lets talk accessories...Extra Controller for PS 3 = 60Extra Controller for 360 = 503 extra Wii controllers + nunchucks = 180ishController and headset for PC, less than 50.Then we can talk games, the average new PS3 and 360 games are 60 a pop, PC games rarely come out for more than 50.Just to be clear: anyone paying 2k+ for a "gaming" pc, is probably retarded.
I don't need all three consoles first off.So I got my 360 for $299, not $450.I bought one extra controller for $50 Grand total of my gaming machine: $350.I buy my games used so I don't pay $60 a game unless it is a must have. The only games in my collection that are brand new purchases are Fallout 3 which I got for $40 on sale at Target, and GTA4 and NHL09 were the only other 2 I paid full price for. Oh wait, I pay $50 for online. so $400 for a fully functional gaming machine. Also the prices of PC games are starting to go to the $59.99. Some of the future new releases are all $59+. So expect that to change in the near future. I have a PC. 3 years old. Paid $700 for it. Can't play anything newer than WoW (not any of it's expansions though). I already paid $700 for it. Now I have to buy new RAM and video cards? That costs more than a controller or a game for my 360. So while I agree paying $2K for a "gaming" computer is retarded, you still have to continue to upgrade your PC a lot more frequently than having to buy the next generation of a console. And for me, and not you, or anyone esle, for me, the 360 is by far the most cost effective way to curb my gaming addiction.
Also the prices of PC games are starting to go to the $59.99. Some of the future new releases are all $59+. So expect that to change in the near future.
Well I was responding to the guy who said he could buy all gaming consoles and a whole library of games for lest than the up front cost of a gaming PC. The common misconceptions are the cost of a good gaming PC, how often it actually needs upgraded, and undervaluing how expensive of a hobby console gaming can be.What games are you looking at? Other than collectors editions it's a lot more common to see a new PC game that is 39.99 than it is to see one that's 59.99. Prices are coming down on PC games in an effort to cut down on people bootlegging the games.Here is a list from gamestops front page of PC games that are just coming out. Feel free to compare it to even the cost of new Wii games which are the cheapest of the console titles.Now Shipping Terminator: Salvatio... $17.99Necrovision $29.99Battlestations Pacif... $49.99Sid Meier's Civiliza... $39.99Left 4 Dead: Game of... $39.99Crysis Maximum Editi... $39.99Sherlock Holmes Chro... $19.99X-Men Origins: Wolve... $17.99 I have a 7 year old PC than can run the newest WOW expansion on it. WOW is actually an excellent example of a game that scales brilliantly with the power of your PC. Admittedly not all PC games are as flexible but most games don't have a user base of over 12 million people playing on daily basis either.A minimalist gamer will always just run with the popular console of the day.
Well everything was running smoothly until I notice that my 360 has been sitting in Hodgkins, Ill for the past 3 days now. WTF!
Wife tells me it has been delivered but the tracking still says it is in Illinois. Gonna be a late night tonight.Jad,I was looking at future new releases at EB and Best Buy and most were listed at $59 and they were not CE's. The CE's, if they had one listed were like 79. Games like COD MW2, Starcraft 2, etc. We'll see if once they day comes if they put them back down but it looked like to me that the trend was $59.99 like console games.
Your math is horrible. Not to mention estimation of the lifespan of a gaming PC is way off.My PS3 = 500My 360 = 450My Wii = 250So that's 1200 just on consoles. Price of the gaming PC I just built late last year was just under 900. Nothing on it will be outdated for at least two years and even then I'll just be able to run a second video card that by the time will cost me another 100 dollars or less and it will be looking as good as what the PS4 or Xbox 720 will be doing and easily keep up with all current games for the next 4 years. Lets talk accessories...Extra Controller for PS 3 = 60Extra Controller for 360 = 503 extra Wii controllers + nunchucks = 180ishController and headset for PC, less than 50.Then we can talk games, the average new PS3 and 360 games are 60 a pop, PC games rarely come out for more than 50.Just to be clear: anyone paying 2k+ for a "gaming" pc, is probably retarded.
I didn't mean buy all three systems. I meant just one, and I should have clarified that in the original post.
Where the *&@$^^@&$^ do you live? I need to get there.
in Illinois near St. Louis$100K for a house here is considered expensive with the average for a 3 bed 2 bath going for about $75,000here's one of our local real estate agent's listingshttp://www.jackjohnsonsrealestate.com/defa...pe=1&id=395
I didn't mean buy all three systems. I meant just one, and I should have clarified that in the original post.in Illinois near St. Louis$100K for a house here is considered expensive with the average for a 3 bed 2 bath going for about $75,000here's one of our local real estate agent's listingshttp://www.jackjohnsonsrealestate.com/defa...pe=1&id=395
holy crap those prices are crazy. I would step up and buy the 200K one and live like a pimp star.

I picked up UFC Undisputed on Friday night along with Punch Out, and both games are hard. Punch Out is like it's counterparts on the NES and SNES in that you have to learn the patterns on the fighters. As for UFC the game is fucking hard, and has a huge learning curve to it. It's still fun though and I believe it will make it's way in to my regular rotation of Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Gears of War 2, and Street Fighter 4.

I picked up UFC Undisputed on Friday night along with Punch Out, and both games are hard. Punch Out is like it's counterparts on the NES and SNES in that you have to learn the patterns on the fighters. As for UFC the game is fucking hard, and has a huge learning curve to it. It's still fun though and I believe it will make it's way in to my regular rotation of Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Gears of War 2, and Street Fighter 4.
Bastard, I've tried renting it all week with no luck. I guess it doesn't help that I have late charges at all the rental places except one....
3 RROD :club:
Boo!I was surprised to see that they extended my basic warranty another year after getting my E74 RROD fixed last week. Oh and a 1 month love card. I would have preferred 800 points or something.Picked up FIFA 08 for like $12 yesterday. Pretty fun, though getting my arse kicked most of the time. Can;t seem to figure out how to keep my shots low and not sailing over the net. Playing with Fulham, 1-1-1 in the league and just won a 3rd round FA Cup game 2-2 (5-4 in penalty kicks). Weeee!

I always saw PC gaming as a cheaper format. Console gamers still spend plenty of money on computers to go along with their own gaming expenses. With a gaming PC (which you can now find online at the cost of a normal PC you'll see in Best Buy), I can take care of all the functions I need at once at a much cheaper price then buying a console and all the games that come with it.Play a few rounds of CS in between MTT on PokerStars while checking your e-mail and watching w/e torrented media content you desire.

hahaha RROD.I wrapped it in a blanket and let it overheat for 30 minutes and bingo, it works again!
hope that works for a while. It's that just suppose to be a quick fix? Also that wouldn't screw up your warranty would it?

the xbox was pretty much given to me with the RROD on it. The guy who owned it was too lazy to send it in so he sold all the components except the box. The one day he just gave it to me. So my roomate took it apart and did a fix he found on youtube that wasn't to complicated if you have the right tools. The fix it worked. I bought a couple controllers on ebay (2 for 60$) and some battery packs from best buy and a couple games and were in business for cheap. That was about a year ago and now the blanket fix seems to be holding up. I'm obviously not worried about the warranty, it's probably expired by now and I have no paper work. The buddy who gave me the box feels kind of stupid when he comes over to play NHL 09, he's even talking about getting a 360 for himself again. sucker. :)The UFC demo is pretty sweet I might have to buy it.