Has anybody actually been following the storyline closely in the Gears of War series?When I first played through GoW1 I pretty much ignored the story and just played through the game, but now that I'm playing through the story in GoW2 I actually think it's quite interesting. I don't have GoW1 anymore so I've been reading up on what I missed from that game plus some more of the backstory and really it all makes for quite a good read. I think I'm going to pick up the novel Battle of Aspho Fields which is suppose to take place during the Pendulum Wars, before the first game.I also heard there's a movie in the making, so definitely looking forward to that.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

do yourself a favor and look at Gears 2 and Fallout 3 as opposed to L4D
Eh, one of my friends at work suggested L4D, said I'd most likely enjoy that one. He said it's pretty good for casual FPS players
I'll bet anyone in SF4
Oh Teddy, you sick degen asian, you have no idea what level of Hell you just stepped into.
Eh, one of my friends at work suggested L4D, said I'd most likely enjoy that one. He said it's pretty good for casual FPS playersOh Teddy, you sick degen asian, you have no idea what level of Hell you just stepped into.
Your work friend is an idiot.I haven't even played L4D and I feel confident saying that.

lol hanguk feel free to add me at tbauza17 on xbl. maybe weve played before if you run CE matches

Damn right you are, go back to 1.6. That's where I've logged 30 hours in the past 2 weeks.
**** i need to play 1.6. I started playing CS when Source came out. Any idea where i can get it?oh and just played a short session. went 18-3. :club:
lol hanguk feel free to add me at tbauza17 on xbl. maybe weve played before if you run CE matches
I'll have you added asap. I'm kind of in limbo right now as per a home internet connection, once my DSL gets provisioned, we'll play some. Haven't played online hardly at all, mostly been playing local competition and in tournaments. But when you see my GT add you, you'll know it's on.
I'll have you added asap. I'm kind of in limbo right now as per a home internet connection, once my DSL gets provisioned, we'll play some. Haven't played online hardly at all, mostly been playing local competition and in tournaments. But when you see my GT add you, you'll know it's on.
ok, do you have a srk name?
argh, the achievements for GTA 4 take forever
a lot of games are that wayRPG's seem to be the worse though with some requiring a minimum of 3 playthroughs in order to unlock them
**** i need to play 1.6. I started playing CS when Source came out. Any idea where i can get it?oh and just played a short session. went 18-3. :club:
Pretty sure you can get it right off of steam for $9.99, though the price may have dropped, it was $9.99 a while ago when I checked.What's your SteamID? I think you mentioned it here, maybe, perhaps? I just missed it if so.
Eh, one of my friends at work suggested L4D, said I'd most likely enjoy that one. He said it's pretty good for casual FPS players
I think it's pretty obvious, especially when FCP is telling you what to get.Picture2-2.png
Pretty sure you can get it right off of steam for $9.99, though the price may have dropped, it was $9.99 a while ago when I checked.What's your SteamID? I think you mentioned it here, maybe, perhaps? I just missed it if so.
My steam ID is Robert and my SN is .:TPS:. airbag. :club:

Yea, I went pretty crazy with that Best Buy sell. Has anyone tried the DLC for Fallout 3 yet? I've heard some people have had problems with it corrupting saves and making the gameplay screwy.

I've lost most of my life to Fallout 3. Goddamnit.
Yea that game is addicting as hell. I don't know how far you are into it, but have you downloaded the Pitt DLC? And if so, thoughts?On a side note, FIFA: Ultimate Team is awesome. Easily worth the $10. I've already played that mode alone for like 15 hours which comes out to about 5x as long as I played Operation Anchorage for the same price.
The reason I said that is that L4D is one of those games that you need a few friends to play with at all times to really make it fun. To me it doesn't match up well otherwise.You should still try Gears 2, btw. Go to Hollywood Video and rent it if you need to. :club:
I've lost most of my life to Fallout 3. Goddamnit.
That happens quite easily. As a matter of fact (I don't currently have a link), but ScrewAttack was announcing that a completely new Fallout game is currently in the works and to be set in Vegas I believe.
Yea, I went pretty crazy with that Best Buy sell. Has anyone tried the DLC for Fallout 3 yet? I've heard some people have had problems with it corrupting saves and making the gameplay screwy.
I have both DLC's currently out, and I just purchased Broken Steel but haven't really played through it yet. The corrupted save thing happened with "The Pitt" DLC, but was fixed almost immediately. I recommend getting both DLC's. Each one adds about 3-4 hours of gameplay a piece to Fallout 3, and you get some cool stuff after you complete each one. I don't want to go into anymore detail for fear of spoiling them.
On a side note, FIFA: Ultimate Team is awesome. Easily worth the $10. I've already played that mode alone for like 15 hours which comes out to about 5x as long as I played Operation Anchorage for the same price.
I was wondering about the UT for FIFA. Care to elaborate a little more on it?
Yea that game is addicting as hell. I don't know how far you are into it, but have you downloaded the Pitt DLC? And if so, thoughts?On a side note, FIFA: Ultimate Team is awesome. Easily worth the $10. I've already played that mode alone for like 15 hours which comes out to about 5x as long as I played Operation Anchorage for the same price.
I'm at about 17 hours of gameplay, but I haven't finished the main storyline yet. Once I do, I'll get the DLC for sure though.
I'm at about 17 hours of gameplay, but I haven't finished the main storyline yet. Once I do, I'll get the DLC for sure though.
is the one that ups the level cap out yet? maybe it's just the way i set myself up, but i was a little too powerful at level 20 by the time i was finishing the main quest. i'd like some content geared for people 20 and up.
I was wondering about the UT for FIFA. Care to elaborate a little more on it?
It's basically a trading card game. You get a pack of cards to start with and you have a team. You play a few games to earn credits which can be used to purchase more packs or for buying individual cards. Cards consist of: players, coaches, training, in-game boosts, contract negotiations, stadiums, and a lot more. Your goal is basically to create a really good XI. There are knockout tournaments you can play, single online game matches or you can play against the computer, and all of these earn credits.I find it quite fun and addicting, but you can try it out for free for the first five games you play after you download it.
It's basically a trading card game. You get a pack of cards to start with and you have a team. You play a few games to earn credits which can be used to purchase more packs or for buying individual cards. Cards consist of: players, coaches, training, in-game boosts, contract negotiations, stadiums, and a lot more. Your goal is basically to create a really good XI. There are knockout tournaments you can play, single online game matches or you can play against the computer, and all of these earn credits.I find it quite fun and addicting, but you can try it out for free for the first five games you play after you download it.
cool, I'll check it out then