I honestly don't think I have ever broken a bobby pin. My character has 100 lockpick, repair, medicine, small guns, and sneak, and the game is just way too easy right now. I'd probably say that lockpick, repair, and small guns are the most effective skills, and not putting points in repair is a huge mistake no matter what type of character you are trying to make.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I honestly don't think I have ever broken a bobby pin. My character has 100 lockpick, repair, medicine, small guns, and sneak, and the game is just way too easy right now. I'd probably say that lockpick, repair, and small guns are the most effective skills, and not putting points in repair is a huge mistake no matter what type of character you are trying to make.
I totally agree now that I actually figured out how to repair guns lol!! Could they make it less obvious with less instruction?To think I kept shoving out hundreds of caps for someone to fix my gear. I'm now shoving it in lockpicking & repair atm.

Sigh...Well after putting in about 8 hours worth of gameplay and leveling my character up to around 4 or 5, I just don't find myself enjoying the game at all...This was the first RPG (traditional or non traditional) that I've ever played and I guess it's just not my type of game. Like loosh said in this thread earlier, it's too complex for me, lol. I can definitely see how people can get really into it though. And tt has some awesome graphics (just walking around megaton was pretty awesome) and a superb plot from what I played. But I just don't have the patience for it.It sucks cause I REALLY wanted to like the game a lot, but everytime I played it I just found myself bored and wanting to fire up Cod4 or FIFA 09.I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to see the whole plot unfold so a quick read of the plot on wikipedia will have to do.Oh well. Gonna try to sell the game on Craig's List, if not then just trade it in to GameStop for a measly $22.

just used the "here and now perk" after i levled up which is awesome on level 11 now. I should be able to get back at the main quest now. edit- on second thought that probably would of been good to use on lvls that take alot longer to lvl...im such a noob ...
I have wondered that if you were to use that perk at level 20 would it up you to 21?
Sigh...Well after putting in about 8 hours worth of gameplay and leveling my character up to around 4 or 5, I just don't find myself enjoying the game at all...This was the first RPG (traditional or non traditional) that I've ever played and I guess it's just not my type of game. Like loosh said in this thread earlier, it's too complex for me, lol. I can definitely see how people can get really into it though. And tt has some awesome graphics (just walking around megaton was pretty awesome) and a superb plot from what I played. But I just don't have the patience for it.It sucks cause I REALLY wanted to like the game a lot, but everytime I played it I just found myself bored and wanting to fire up Cod4 or FIFA 09.I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to see the whole plot unfold so a quick read of the plot on wikipedia will have to do.Oh well. Gonna try to sell the game on Craig's List, if not then just trade it in to GameStop for a measly $22.
put the game on www.half.comthey are still going for around $40 on there...if you have an eBay account then you also have a half.com account since they are the same company
Im pretty sure we are on eachothers friend list, im "dopey is here" i see you playing COD4 ill come jump in a game you are playing one of these days
Im pretty sure we are on eachothers friend list, im "dopey is here" i see you playing COD4 ill come jump in a game you are playing one of these days
I actually deleted a lot of people from my friend's list cause I didn't know who they were, but I'll add yours again.I play Cod4 about 80% of the time I'm online so jump in a game with me for sure.

I just did some research, and the answer is an emphatic no when it comes to using the Here and Now perk to go to level 21 in Fallout 3. Kind of sucks, but what can you do?I guess we'll have to wait for new DLC to get to levels above 20.

I totally agree now that I actually figured out how to repair guns lol!! Could they make it less obvious with less instruction?To think I kept shoving out hundreds of caps for someone to fix my gear. I'm now shoving it in lockpicking & repair atm.
I put alot in to sneak and im happy about I breeze through battles. Im going through "murders pass" right now and its really easy so far killed 5 aliens wihtout out being touched. I just sneak around and get alot of critical hits. i have the finesse perk which helps alot too i think. i get a critical hit about every 6 bullets or so. For now its slightly too easy to kill guys. its seemed alot tougher earlier on.
I actually deleted a lot of people from my friend's list cause I didn't know who they were, but I'll add yours again.I play Cod4 about 80% of the time I'm online so jump in a game with me for sure.
add me. Satanium, I play COD4 pretty much 80% of the time as well.
add me. Satanium, I play COD4 pretty much 80% of the time as well.
And me!!! POKERadamI play CoD4 when I am not playing Fallout3 (which is never as of late lol)
added

Im on the american dream quest now. Looks like im nearing the end of the game? Enclave guys have captured me now. This story is pretty badass.I think i might do some more side quests not quite ready for this game to end yet.

Im on the american dream quest now. Looks like im nearing the end of the game? Enclave guys have captured me now. This story is pretty badass.I think i might do some more side quests not quite ready for this game to end yet.
Make sure you save before the final quest, because it won't let you explore after completion.
Make sure you save before the final quest, because it won't let you explore after completion.
ty sir because i didnt know that. It just seems like there are soooo many small towns that i havent been too. I always assumed id get to most of them playing the main quest but it doesn't seem that way. they are probably saving it for some of the DLC. Its the in thing to do these days to squeeze out those few extra dollars.
Just finished american dream and...

jesus wtf is going on in this game?!?! i dont know what to do. I dont hate eden he brings up good points. and now the brother hood just let me in wtf? slightly lost while eden still wants me to blow it for them?? ahhhh maybe i see where this is going...

I want to buy a new system. I just bought a 1080p tv with surround sound. I didn't buy a blu ray player yet because I don't know if I should buy a 360 or ps3. Wii is out of the question because I hate new nintendo games. I like 360 because you can watch netflix instant movies. Which one should I buy.......was thinking of buying both but if history repeats itself I will probably play video games for about a month and not play any more. Maybe not but who knows.

I want to buy a new system. I just bought a 1080p tv with surround sound. I didn't buy a blu ray player yet because I don't know if I should buy a 360 or ps3. Wii is out of the question because I hate new nintendo games. I like 360 because you can watch netflix instant movies. Which one should I buy.......was thinking of buying both but if history repeats itself I will probably play video games for about a month and not play any more. Maybe not but who knows.
In my biased opinion I'd say go for the 360. Xbox Live has just got so much more going than PSN at the moment. (of course guys like Kurt will come in here and argue quite the opposite)Game selection isn't really an issue because there's only maybe 1 or 2 titles that are "must haves" that are exclusive to each console.Of course if you really want the blue ray player capabilities of a PS3 then by all means go for the PS3. They're both top notch consoles so you won't really be 'making a mistake" by going with either one. Just remember that if playing online with a bunch of friends is a top priority, the, most popular console is the 360.

just finished the game and its pretty ****ing awesome. thanks alot bkg for telling to make a save. because I ended up doing it at the perfect time. That would of been annoying cause my last save before that was a wayyyys away. I only got to level 15, plus there is a bunch of side quests i can do.Kind of wished i played on hard because it was really really easy.

I own a 360 and a PS3 and for me I prefer the 360. Both systems are great, but the 360 has so much more to offer atm. The online capabilities of the 360 completely blow away the PS3's and is well worth the $49.99 yearly fee. The PS3 has some good exclusives like Metal Gear Solid 4, but the only redeeming quality that the PS3 has, for me anyway, is that it isn't region coded so ALL foreign PS3 games will work on any PS3 console. However, if you are mainly going to play multi-platform games like Call of Duty 4 and the like then the 360 is the way to go.
I own a 360 and a PS3 and for me I prefer the 360. Both systems are great, but the 360 has so much more to offer atm. The online capabilities of the 360 completely blow away the PS3's and is well worth the $49.99 yearly fee. The PS3 has some good exclusives like Metal Gear Solid 4, but the only redeeming quality that the PS3 has, for me anyway, is that it isn't region coded so ALL foreign PS3 games will work on any PS3 console. However, if you are mainly going to play multi-platform games like Call of Duty 4 and the like then the 360 is the way to go.
What does the 360 do online that the PS3 doesn't? I'm asking honestly.You can get HD and regular movies from the PSN network also. You can download content, plus you get a blu-ray player. Not to mention the fact that in a year or two, the developers will realize they can use all the extra space on the PS3 and stop limiting the games based on what the 360 can do. The PS3 will last a lot longer than the xbox, that's just how it is. The people that don't have both right now, will be getting both in the future. Fact is, the PS3 can do EVERYTHING the 360 can do, but not vice versa.
What does the 360 do online that the PS3 doesn't? I'm asking honestly.You can get HD and regular movies from the PSN network also. You can download content, plus you get a blu-ray player. Not to mention the fact that in a year or two, the developers will realize they can use all the extra space on the PS3 and stop limiting the games based on what the 360 can do. The PS3 will last a lot longer than the xbox, that's just how it is. The people that don't have both right now, will be getting both in the future. Fact is, the PS3 can do EVERYTHING the 360 can do, but not vice versa.
except make the exact same games look as good as the 360 or play halo :club:. don't kill me kurt
just finished the game and its pretty ****ing awesome. thanks alot bkg for telling to make a save. because I ended up doing it at the perfect time. That would of been annoying cause my last save before that was a wayyyys away. I only got to level 15, plus there is a bunch of side quests i can do.Kind of wished i played on hard because it was really really easy.
Yea I finished the game @ level 15. I'm a little disappointed with the ending though.

At the end of the game you have a few options, insert virus and wipe out everyone except enclave, activate the purifier yourself killing you, or send in the brotherhood chick to do it and you live. I sent her in because I'm a selfish bastard and wanted to keep playing afterwards. I was disappointed to find out you can't do that and you must revert to a past saved game to keep exploring the map.So instead, I went back to an old save file when I was visiting the 'president' and instead of going to citadel for the last mission I've gone exploring and since am at level 16 or 17. Is this what you guys did? I've only found 3 bobbleheads so I plan to get all of them at least before calling it quits.

Yea I finished the game @ level 15. I'm a little disappointed with the ending though.

At the end of the game you have a few options, insert virus and wipe out everyone except enclave, activate the purifier yourself killing you, or send in the brotherhood chick to do it and you live. I sent her in because I'm a selfish bastard and wanted to keep playing afterwards. I was disappointed to find out you can't do that and you must revert to a past saved game to keep exploring the map.So instead, I went back to an old save file when I was visiting the 'president' and instead of going to citadel for the last mission I've gone exploring and since am at level 16 or 17. Is this what you guys did? I've only found 3 bobbleheads so I plan to get all of them at least before calling it quits.

Yea, that's what I did.

I actually went to the Citadel and got the free power armor from Lyons and then when she asks if you're ready just say no.

I hate console wars but how can you ask what the difference is between the two and then say that the PS3 will outlast the 360 as if that is pure fact? That makes no sense to me. You need to have full knowledge of both systems to have any right or ability to make that statement. Plus they create new consoles, for your statement to ever come to fruition you have to believe that both MS and Sony will no longer ever make a new console.I posted the differences before in this topic at least twice and won't be doing it again as it is pointless but what...blu ray and bigger HD's? That's it right? Oh free online service which everywhere I turn is people telling me how completely lame Home is and how annoyed some get when servers for games are shut down to force you to buy the next installment. You get what you pay for. I assure you that I will never have a PS3. I will be moving on to the next Microsoft console most likely and you will then be stuck playing your out dated PS3 for a year plus waiting for the PS4. I buy consoles strictly for games. Not brand loyalty. The only game that was going to force me to buy a PS3 was Final Fantasy 13 but SE got smart finally and realized that they will make a ton more money by developing for both the PS3 and the 360. I have no issue with the PS3, just people on both sides of the console wars who are fanboys and think there is some huge war to be fought.These are the consoles I have currently so you will see I am not a MS fanboy:NintendoSuper NintendoWiiDSSony PlaystationJapanese Sony PlaystationPlaystation 2DreamcastXbox360If things were like the time the PS2 and Xbox were out where there were tons of exclusive games then I would have a PS3 for sure, but nowadays you can get probably 90% of games on any of the 3, hell 4 if you add the DS, systems. Also, yes I have played the PS3, my nephew has one.

I played COD4 for the first time in a while last night, and I'm terrible. But, I'll probably play some more, my tag is FluffVillain if anybody wants to add me.