i absolutely cannot hold off my desire to play fallout 3 until i pick it out as my christmas present from my wife. i'm going to have to go buy it today i guess.
I have never played any game in this series but this one looks pretty crazy. Also, I've heard and read nothing but great reviews.I'm really into COD4 and SOCOM because I enjoy the online aspect and I can get easily bored with single player games.The only single player games that I've really enjoyed were the GTA series and this is because you have the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want whenever you want.Do you guys think Fallout 3 is a good game for me to purchase?
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I have never played any game in this series but this one looks pretty crazy. Also, I've heard and read nothing but great reviews.I'm really into COD4 and SOCOM because I enjoy the online aspect and I can get easily bored with single player games.The only single player games that I've really enjoyed were the GTA series and this is because you have the freedom to do pretty much whatever you want whenever you want.Do you guys think Fallout 3 is a good game for me to purchase?
I think you would like it if you want freedom. I posted what I did at that small village and I was actually there to give a woman a letter but decided against it and went on a killing spree. You can choose to be bad or good or neutral throughout the game. You can be a thief and break into houses and steal, you can be a good guy and do the right thing all the time or you can vary it. You have a large world that is at your fingertips. There is a main story arc but you don't have to follow it. There are 100's of side quests and such to do that your options are endless and I don't think you could ever get stuck. I rented it to see if I would like it and I love it so far.
I think you would like it if you want freedom. I posted what I did at that small village and I was actually there to give a woman a letter but decided against it and went on a killing spree. You can choose to be bad or good or neutral throughout the game. You can be a thief and break into houses and steal, you can be a good guy and do the right thing all the time or you can vary it. You have a large world that is at your fingertips. There is a main story arc but you don't have to follow it. There are 100's of side quests and such to do that your options are endless and I don't think you could ever get stuck. I rented it to see if I would like it and I love it so far.
Cool, thanks.I think I might follow in your footsteps and rent it first.
You can play it like a FPS with RPG elements, and the world is free roaming so that you aren't stuck doing anything you don't want to do. I'd bet you would like it.

Although a lot has already been mentioned I felt I'd get in on the Rock Band and Guitar Hero talk. First of all, use this site to see what intruments are cross compatible with other games. http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/Most of you know but in case there are a few who don't, Rock Band 1 and 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour are full band games. You can sing, drum, play the guitar or play the bass. If money doesn't matter I'd say just buy the full bundle of RB2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour and then just go buy the other games individually that you might want to play.For those that don't want to spend a lot of money I would recommend buying the RB2 bundle and possibly the Guitar Hero game and guitar bundle (does not include drums or the mic). This way you can play either game with 4 people and you don't have any extra instruments kicking around. I recommend RB2 over Guitar Hero mainly because there are simply more songs to choose from if you are willing to buy songs online and I feel the game is more polished when it comes to the party atmosphere of the 2 games.I'd also like to point out that there is absolutely no reason to buy RB1. Borrow the game from a friend or rent it. For $5 you can export all the songs on RB1 except for 3 of them onto your hard drive. They can then be played through RB2.In short, buy the RB2 bundle and export the songs from RB1. But Guitar Hero: World Tour with the guitar or if you don't want the game pick up another guitar for RB2 to have 4 player band fun. If you want to play Guitar Hero 1,2 or 3 you will need a Guitar Hero guitar as the Rock Band ones will not work.These games are mindlessly fun and with downloadable content for both you should be able to get music you like and they are incredibly fun party games.

Although a lot has already been mentioned I felt I'd get in on the Rock Band and Guitar Hero talk. First of all, use this site to see what intruments are cross compatible with other games. http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/Most of you know but in case there are a few who don't, Rock Band 1 and 2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour are full band games. You can sing, drum, play the guitar or play the bass. If money doesn't matter I'd say just buy the full bundle of RB2 and Guitar Hero: World Tour and then just go buy the other games individually that you might want to play.For those that don't want to spend a lot of money I would recommend buying the RB2 bundle and possibly the Guitar Hero game and guitar bundle (does not include drums or the mic). This way you can play either game with 4 people and you don't have any extra instruments kicking around. I recommend RB2 over Guitar Hero mainly because there are simply more songs to choose from if you are willing to buy songs online and I feel the game is more polished when it comes to the party atmosphere of the 2 games.I'd also like to point out that there is absolutely no reason to buy RB1. Borrow the game from a friend or rent it. For $5 you can export all the songs on RB1 except for 3 of them onto your hard drive. They can then be played through RB2.In short, buy the RB2 bundle and export the songs from RB1. But Guitar Hero: World Tour with the guitar or if you don't want the game pick up another guitar for RB2 to have 4 player band fun. If you want to play Guitar Hero 1,2 or 3 you will need a Guitar Hero guitar as the Rock Band ones will not work.These games are mindlessly fun and with downloadable content for both you should be able to get music you like and they are incredibly fun party games.
I can confirm that the RB2 guitar does in fact work for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, but I'm not sure about the other games in the series.EDIT: just saw that the website says just that, my bad

Finished Gears 2 in coop. Sort of spoilers

Answered the question about the locust but left it open. I assume they are making a Gears 3 but story wise it doesn't REALLY need it. Game wise it's just as fun with a couple excellent new weapons and a lot of cool new enemies

Finished Gears 2 in coop. Sort of spoilers

Answered the question about the locust but left it open. I assume they are making a Gears 3 but story wise it doesn't REALLY need it. Game wise it's just as fun with a couple excellent new weapons and a lot of cool new enemies

Is the final guy still a pain in the ass to kill. My buddy and I had to use the block glitch to beat General RAAM on co-op insane in the first Gears.
Is the final guy still a pain in the ass to kill. My buddy and I had to use the block glitch to beat General RAAM on co-op insane in the first Gears.
The final guy is disappointing.

Mostly because you use the Hammer of Dawn to kill him. Very boring

NHL 09Dammit. Finished the season 42-35-5 and finished 1 pt behind Calgary for the last playoff spot. Well off to the offseason to make some adjustments. Turris finished with 42g 13a and was second in rookie scoring behind Okposo. I still think he has a chance at the Calder. Fallout 3- Did some missions, made some money, bought a crapload of ammo. I was walking to one objective and came across a nice little old lady by the water. We talked and I left to continue my journey. I was heading back towards Megaton and it was night time. I decided to check up on her. She was sitting at a table eating a squirrel stick. I came in stealth and I noticed she had a nice gun on her back. I pulled up my combat shotgun, pulled up VATS, targeted the back of her head and BLAMO! one shot kill. She had some nice stuff hidden in her fridge. I feel so guilty now.

Fallout 3- Did some missions, made some money, bought a crapload of ammo. I was walking to one objective and came across a nice little old lady by the water. We talked and I left to continue my journey. I was heading back towards Megaton and it was night time. I decided to check up on her. She was sitting at a table eating a squirrel stick. I came in stealth and I noticed she had a nice gun on her back. I pulled up my combat shotgun, pulled up VATS, targeted the back of her head and BLAMO! one shot kill. She had some nice stuff hidden in her fridge. I feel so guilty now.
I pickpocketed my father and shot him in the face with his own gun
Ok, I think I might need to get Fallout 3.Does it have any multiplayer of any kind?
No, I believe it's single-player only.I have to wait a least 2 more weeks before I can get it, **** me.
No, I believe it's single-player only.
Fallout 3 might be the best console game of all time.
I think the above statement tells me that it's not. Maybe best single player game of all time. But I like having a complete package.
I think the above statement tells me that it's not. Maybe best single player game of all time. But I like having a complete package.
Some games don't need multiplayer, the Fallout series fits that's description.
I gotta disagree. IGN's top 10 best games of all time:10. Super Metroid9. SW: Tie Fighter8. Street Fighter II (arcade)7. Starcraft6. Sid Meirs Pirates5. Super Mario 644. Civ II3. Tetris2. Zelda Ocarina of Time1. Super Mario Bros.Another sites top ten of all time10.RE49. FF 38. Zelda Link to the Past7. Super Metroid6. Half Life 25. Super Mario 644. Ocarina of Time3. Civ II2. Tetris1. Super mario BrosAnother site has pretty much the same lists but added games like Halo and FF12I don't think a game has to be multiplayer to be one of the best of all time. Do I think Fallout 3 is the best of all time, no, but it for sure is GOTY.
I gotta disagree. IGN's top 10 best games of all time:10. Super Metroid9. SW: Tie Fighter8. Street Fighter II (arcade)7. Starcraft6. Sid Meirs Pirates5. Super Mario 644. Civ II3. Tetris2. Zelda Ocarina of Time1. Super Mario Bros.Another sites top ten of all time10.RE49. FF 38. Zelda Link to the Past7. Super Metroid6. Half Life 25. Super Mario 644. Ocarina of Time3. Civ II2. Tetris1. Super mario BrosAnother site has pretty much the same lists but added games like Halo and FF12I don't think a game has to be multiplayer to be one of the best of all time. Do I think Fallout 3 is the best of all time, no, but it for sure is GOTY.
Multiplayer is a relatively new thing.I'm not saying it's not a great game and possibly game of the year, just that for me, with games being what they are now.... it takes a bit more to get to that best ever category. Or at least it should.I'm sure at this point there are games that could have been completely epic single player games if they didn't use the time, effort and space needed to insert all the other features. But that's just not really what most people are looking for anymore.
Multiplayer is a relatively new thing.I'm not saying it's not a great game and possibly game of the year, just that for me, with games being what they are now.... it takes a bit more to get to that best ever category. Or at least it should.
I feel like a lot of recent games have done that without multiplayer. Just look at three games from this year or last: Bioshock, Mass Effect, and now Fallout. Bioshock was given praise for the incredible atmosphere, Mass Effect for the incredible leaps forward in story-telling, and now Fallout for the incredible open environment it has. None of those games have mutliplayer, and Mass Effect was recently ranked the #1 360 game by IGN ahead of Gears, COD4, etc.Also, multiplayer isn't that new. I was playing Mario Kart for SNES with my brother when I was 6.
I feel like a lot of recent games have done that without multiplayer. Just look at three games from this year or last: Bioshock, Mass Effect, and now Fallout. Bioshock was given praise for the incredible atmosphere, Mass Effect for the incredible leaps forward in story-telling, and now Fallout for the incredible open environment it has. None of those games have mutliplayer, and Mass Effect was recently ranked the #1 360 game by IGN ahead of Gears, COD4, etc.Also, multiplayer isn't that new. I was playing Mario Kart for SNES with my brother when I was 6.
I said relatively, lol.Online especially though.I'm not saying it's necessary, but I think it is a pretty big factor nowadays. Especially when I'm deciding if I want to throw down $60 for a game. I guess you can just judge the game for what it is, but it seems to me that more should be taken into account.