My goal: To get 10th prestige (gold cross) lvl 55 on COD4 by the time COD:WaW comes out.Current rank: 9th prestige (solid red star) lvl 52
Current Rank 10th prestige lvl 17
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

What's the best game mode to play if your looking to level up faster?I play domination almost exclusively with some FFA but I'm not leveling up as quickly as I wish I was.
I would have to say headquarters. I know a lot of people like S&D for me I tend to not score that much on that game. But with headquarters I tend to get at least 450-500. I Prestiged about 2 weeks ago haven't played a ton but at level 37.
Grabbed Gears 2 today. Am trying to wait patiently so me and my friend can coop it first time through like we did for original Gears but it seems unlikely that I will wait til 10 tonight.
wtf, u got connections?
and now we have Resistance 2. WAYY to many games. How the hell do I decide if i play Gears 2 Fallout 3 Far Cry 2 or Resistance 2
I agree on the amount of shooters coming out right now. I'll get Resistance 2, cause I liked the first one a lot, plus I never put in nearly enough time with shooters, so most of the time they sit, kinda like COD4 and MGS4. But for someone who plays them a lot, it's just crazy.I'm liking Rockband 2 and NHL 09 right now, and even just choosing what I want to play between 2 games sucks, lol.

Okay I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games but I just got finished watching that one South Park episode, so I want to get into it now.I have a bunch of questions. Hm...where do I start...Will I enjoy it even if it isn't really the kind of music I listen to?Is it fun to play just by yourself? I would think it's only fun when you have some friends over and what not.What do I buy, Guitar Hero World Tour? I was leaning more towards Guitar Hero III because World Tour has a bunch of stuff I don't think I'll use like the percussion and vocals, as well as the song creator thingy.Are there different types of guitars? Is the one that comes with the game as good as any out there?Also, in terms of actual gameplay, does the song play according to how I hit the notes on the guitar buttons meaning if I don't press anything the song doesn't play, or does the song play regardless? I'm not sure this question makes sense.OR should I get Rock Band? I don't even know what the deal is with this game? Is it the same as Guitar Hero but with more instruments?EDIT: Okay after posting this, I've done a bit more research and after watching some videos on youtube, drumming on rock band 2 looks freakin awesome. Now I'm leaning more towards that.Do the Rock Band 2 guitars work on Guitar Hero?

Okay I've never played any of the Guitar Hero games but I just got finished watching that one South Park episode, so I want to get into it now.I have a bunch of questions. Hm...where do I start...Will I enjoy it even if it isn't really the kind of music I listen to?Is it fun to play just by yourself? I would think it's only fun when you have some friends over and what not.What do I buy, Guitar Hero World Tour? I was leaning more towards Guitar Hero III because World Tour has a bunch of stuff I don't think I'll use like the percussion and vocals, as well as the song creator thingy.Are there different types of guitars? Is the one that comes with the game as good as any out there?Also, in terms of actual gameplay, does the song play according to how I hit the notes on the guitar buttons meaning if I don't press anything the song doesn't play, or does the song play regardless? I'm not sure this question makes sense.OR should I get Rock Band? I don't even know what the deal is with this game? Is it the same as Guitar Hero but with more instruments?EDIT: Okay after posting this, I've done a bit more research and after watching some videos on youtube, drumming on rock band 2 looks freakin awesome. Now I'm leaning more towards that.Do the Rock Band 2 guitars work on Guitar Hero?
Older GH guitars work on both RB and RB2. I've been told the older RB guitars do not work on GH. Not sure about the newer guitars. I have GH2, 3, Aerosmith and WT and RB1 and 2 but I burn my games so I'm not sure what packages you can get for GHWT. From a purchasers perspective I recommend all of them except Aerosmith. But would start with RB2 or GHWT packages and then work your way back buying the discs only which should be fairly cheap for most of them by now.For the most part if you don't strum the song still goes on but the guitar part is more faint.
Older GH guitars work on both RB and RB2. I've been told the older RB guitars do not work on GH. Not sure about the newer guitars. I have GH2, 3, Aerosmith and WT and RB1 and 2 but I burn my games so I'm not sure what packages you can get for GHWT. From a purchasers perspective I recommend all of them except Aerosmith. But would start with RB2 or GHWT packages and then work your way back buying the discs only which should be fairly cheap for most of them by now.For the most part if you don't strum the song still goes on but the guitar part is more faint.
That first part just applies to x360, as none interchange on PS3 for the early ones.But I've been told that everything is interchangable for RB 2 and GHWT on both systems.Also, I recommend RB 2 very highly. I'd say look at the track lists for that and GHWT, and decide. I think the RB2 track list is way way better though. Plus the amount of downloadable content is ridiculous. I also think I just heard a clip on the news this morning that Rockband landed exclusive rights to Beatles songs. Woot! (Gonna go look that up to confirm now.)
Yes GH is fun to play by yourself. I enjoy it more than with other people because I know no one that is close to as good as I am (blatent brag) and I hate being dragged down by my shitty friends. The guitars all have slight differences. The new one has a slide board (strumless keys in some parts) and a star-power button, the older ones all differ in size, shape and feel. I personally like the new guitar for wireless options and the GH2 guitar for wired versions. The RB1 guitar has a soft feel when strumming and had frets I feel are harder to click down on and it frustrates me. As for gameplay...only the guitar doesn't play if you stop playing.I don't know much about RB2, so I can't comment on that...As for GH:WT, I bought the guitar/game package, and skipped out on the drums and vocals because I never do those anyways, I love the guitar. From a guitar standpoint, GH3 is much MUCH better than RB due to the fact that the songs are harder and the hammer-ons and pull-offs (hopos) are MUCH easier and much better flowing (that is playing a string of notes without having to strum for all of them). I have GH1 GH2 GH80s GH3 GH:Aero GH:WT and RB. GH1 sucks for hopos, GH2 and GH3 are blasts. GH:Aero kinda sucks, GH80s sucks. GH:WT has a feel on the layout kinda like RB, which I like RB's layout, just not their songs.So me being partial says get GH:WT guitar/game package (Drums if you want) and then buy GH3 (you can download GH2 songs onto GH3 if you want I believe...havn't checked in awhile)
Yes GH is fun to play by yourself. I enjoy it more than with other people because I know no one that is close to as good as I am (blatent brag) and I hate being dragged down by my shitty friends. The guitars all have slight differences. The new one has a slide board (strumless keys in some parts) and a star-power button, the older ones all differ in size, shape and feel. I personally like the new guitar for wireless options and the GH2 guitar for wired versions. The RB1 guitar has a soft feel when strumming and had frets I feel are harder to click down on and it frustrates me. As for gameplay...only the guitar doesn't play if you stop playing.I don't know much about RB2, so I can't comment on that...As for GH:WT, I bought the guitar/game package, and skipped out on the drums and vocals because I never do those anyways, I love the guitar. From a guitar standpoint, GH3 is much MUCH better than RB due to the fact that the songs are harder and the hammer-ons and pull-offs (hopos) are MUCH easier and much better flowing (that is playing a string of notes without having to strum for all of them). I have GH1 GH2 GH80s GH3 GH:Aero GH:WT and RB. GH1 sucks for hopos, GH2 and GH3 are blasts. GH:Aero kinda sucks, GH80s sucks. GH:WT has a feel on the layout kinda like RB, which I like RB's layout, just not their songs.So me being partial says get GH:WT guitar/game package (Drums if you want) and then buy GH3 (you can download GH2 songs onto GH3 if you want I believe...havn't checked in awhile)
Fun to sing, but probably boring and not fun to play.
I think you're making a big assumption that everyone who plays wants it to be as hard as possible.Me personally, I don't play past medium, so difficulty has nothing to do with it for me.I'm terrible at HO/PO's too. Which might explain why I stick to medium.
I think you're making a big assumption that everyone who plays wants it to be as hard as possible.Me personally, I don't play past medium, so difficulty has nothing to do with it for me.I'm terrible at HO/PO's too. Which might explain why I stick to medium.
Yeah I am making that assumption, my bad. I am someone that doesn't find easy stuff too entertaining...but if you had supersillyeasy mode with only say...10 notes for the song...would you play that? That is kinda like easy to me, where it is more convenient to just turn on my iPod and hear it.
For the record though. The RB 2 guitar is way way better than the first one.
I should check that out, I like the sounds of that.
Yeah I am making that assumption, my bad. I am someone that doesn't find easy stuff too entertaining...but if you had supersillyeasy mode with only say...10 notes for the song...would you play that? That is kinda like easy to me, where it is more convenient to just turn on my iPod and hear it.I should check that out, I like the sounds of that.
Well, I don't play on easy, because at this point it's too easy. But there's plenty of songs that are challenging enough to be fun on medium, but I still end up getting 95% and up on most of them. So I'm at that point now, where I wouldn't mind going up to hard, but I just can't seem to add that 5th fret in there. I'm so used to knowing which fingers go with which keys that I don't have to think about it too much now, but adding in the orange seems impossible, lol. Not only the moving back and forth, but remembering which finger is over which key at a given time.As for the guitar, I don't own any of the GH ones, which I know people like a lot, and my gf tried the GHWT one out at GameStop and liked it. People seem to like them mainly because you can click the strum bar faster and know when you're clicking it. The old RB guitars were just too soft, and you actually had to strum it like a real guitar more so than on GH... but the new one is made so you can basically do it either way. It doesn't have a clicky sound to it, and it's a bit looser than the GH ones, but it DOES have the ability to click fast like the GH ones. It's a nice balance. Much more responsive I think.

My roomate picked up Little Big Planet, and it is pretty fun. 4 peeps can play at the same time and join in the middle of a level. You just run and grab $hit and fuk around. XBOX SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!NeedForSpeed-Undercover. Now i have always loved these games, except Pro-Street. This one is gonna be like underground with most wanted mixed in. I cant wait!

Thanks for all the input guys. At this point I'm leaning 80% towards Rock Band 2 with guitar drums and vocals.Kurt, is this the bundle that you purchased? If so can you comment a little more about the drums. How fun, durable etc. they are.

Thanks for all the input guys. At this point I'm leaning 80% towards Rock Band 2 with guitar drums and vocals.Kurt, is this the bundle that you purchased? If so can you comment a little more about the drums. How fun, durable etc. they are.
The new drums (from what I hear) are very durable. RB1 drums were not very durable, so they corrected it. They are also unbelievably fun.