Utorrent Question

sorry if this has been asked before but I'm tired and don't feel like searching so anyone with information is much appreciated. I downloaded a movie and tried to open it with windows media player and it plays the sound and not the picture.... I have used utorrent in the past and believe i used a different method for watching the episodes. Is there a particular program I have to dl, thanks in advance for any help.

Rephrase that. Are you saying you've already successfully downloaded, and now it won't play?If that's the case, there are two main possibilities: It's a bad torrent (read the comments on the tracker), or your codec is out of date.

Rephrase that. Are you saying you've already successfully downloaded, and now it won't play?If that's the case, there are two main possibilities: It's a bad torrent (read the comments on the tracker), or your codec is out of date.
sorry, im tired and drank a lil earlier... i downloaded a movie and an episode of family guy... its says they both dled properly and i opened them with windows media 10. They both play the sound but don't play the picture, I'm not knowledgable whatsoever with these programs. Both are ".avi" and are 100% i apologize if i sound ignorant on the subject but its only because I am
sorry, im tired and drank a lil earlier... i downloaded a movie and an episode of family guy... its says they both dled properly and i opened them with windows media 10. They both play the sound but don't play the picture, I'm not knowledgable whatsoever with these programs. Both are ".avi" and are 100% i apologize if i sound ignorant on the subject but its only because I am
Can you link me to the comment section for the torrent downloaded?
Can you link me to the comment section for the torrent downloaded?
do u have aim or do you mind if I PM you bc I dont know what your talking about
do u have aim or do you mind if I PM you bc I dont know what your talking about
You can PM me if you want, but this is your thread; it's not like we're clogging up some retarded super thread or something. You searched for the torrent on a site somewhere, right? Can you find the link to download that torrent again, for me?
.avi files when used in conjuction with WMP, in my experience, are problematic with codecs. From your description of being able to hear but not the picture it sounds like you'll need to either dl a codec bundle (sorry I don't have a link handy) or, as was mentioned, dl VLC player and you shouldn't have a problem.
.avi files when used in conjuction with WMP, in my experience, are problematic with codecs. From your description of being able to hear but not the picture it sounds like you'll need to either dl a codec bundle (sorry I don't have a link handy) or, as was mentioned, dl VLC player and you shouldn't have a problem.
Is defilerpak still standard for windows?

i just dled vlc and its working good actually playing the movie, im gonna look at the link you sent me dutch and your right its not a superthread lol, I didn't think you guys would answer as you did and i appreciate the input.