Hate for Queen EightWe weren't able to get all the action on the hand, but Phil Hellmuth held Q-J and flopped top pair on a board of Q-8-7. Phil butted heads with Jason Dollinger in the small blind, who held Q-8 for top two.After losing the hand, Phil blew up in Phil style, pacing back and forth between the final table and media row. Phil threw his hands on his head and demanded to know why someone played so badly this close to the dinner break.Phil's been pacing for a bit now, exchanging words with his father and mother about how badly Dollinger played that hand.
Phil is funny.

i think you have to be much better to win a non holdem event.. because in holdem you just need to get lucky (jamie gold) and you can win even the main event... thats why events like the 50k horse etc are mostly won by pros..^^except from that :hellmuth has got his first bracelet in 1989... and that time the fields havent been as big as they are today.. so it was easier to win some bracelets..^^

i think you have to be much better to win a non holdem event.. because in holdem you just need to get lucky (jamie gold) and you can win even the main event... thats why events like the 50k horse etc are mostly won by pros..^^except from that :hellmuth has got his first bracelet in 1989... and that time the fields havent been as big as they are today.. so it was easier to win some bracelets..^^
I think it is much easier to win non-holdem events. There are more fish in non-holdem events these days (some of the fish are great holdem players too....see DN talking about Durrrr's H.O.R.S.E. performance). Most players are at least competent at holdem these days.And you talk about luck like it only exists in holdem. There is plenty of luck in stud games and omahaha.The 50K horse event is won by pros mainly because 90-99% of the participants are pros.
I think it is much easier to win non-holdem events. There are more fish in non-holdem events these days (some of the fish are great holdem players too....see DN talking about anyone that sat at his table in any event).
FYP
personally I think its not difficult to play very well with good cards.. and thats why hellmuth is a pro..but daniel can also play very well with bad cards.. because he gets them more often than hellmuth.. and thats the difference..for example:doubling up with a royal flush is way less diffcult than to not double somebody up who has a royal flush..

So.....Phil's the only player that's gotten lucky 12 times?I don't quite follow that logic, but on the same token, the masses will never come to a conclusive answer, either.Anyone else kind of bummed that we are officially through 50+ events and the only thing left of consequence is the 13-day marathon main event?

I think winning the Holdem events can be considered more impressive due to the massive amount of people who are good at the game compared to how many are good at the mixed games and the field sizes are much different.
I think it is much easier to win non-holdem events. There are more fish in non-holdem events these days (some of the fish are great holdem players too....see DN talking about Durrrr's H.O.R.S.E. performance). Most players are at least competent at holdem these days.
I have to disagree. There is so much more dead money in NL events than in any other. The majority of people who play NLHE tournaments have seen it all on TV and think they know the game but are still very dead money compared to the other players in the non-holdem games, overall. In the non-holdem games the people that have taken time to learn the games and play the tournaments are better than the people who play purely no-limit.One thing that I think shouldn't go unmentioned is that PH has won 7 of his 11 bracelets in events with $3k buyin or less (8 including $1k w/rebuys) so those are softer fields again.Not taken anything at all away from a phenomenal achievement by a great player, but if we're talking about what would be more impressive, for me it'd be mixed games and higher buyin, tougher fields.