So How Are Fatty's Treated In Church

Bwahahaha... nice one. "project his failure....."I still wonder what church he went to that encouraged people to be over weight.I wouldn't spend much time with this guy.... he has no ammo.
someday you will die and somewhere in the world, i will be laughing.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, that is not what Catholics believe. Catholics believe in becoming increasingly Holy and growing in their faith. This does invlove avoiding near occasions of sin and sinning less and less as we grow. Catholics don't believe you "have" to confess to a priest for your sins to be forgiven. Confessing to a Priest and then performing a Penance is a gift which helps prevent the sin/confess cycle that has been discussed in this thread. I believe that supernatural changes take place during Confession and Penance, but lets discuss just the more conventional applications. If you know you are going to have to tell someone every couple of weeks every sin you commit, is this likely to make you think twice before commiting a sin? Especially a sin that you confessed your last two visits to the confessional? Regular visits to the confessional will decrease the amount of sin in your life. It is similar to accountability partners in protastant churches. I will discuss the so called Guilt in another post.
This post is incorrect. You may not believe that, but 95% of Catholics do. If you were being truthful you would have to admit that you are not speaking for the FAR majority of Catholics. You may be speaking for doctrine or what the Vatican holds as true, but the far majority of Catholics don't believe this and couldn't even come close to articulating what you did.
being fat is basically encouraged in some churches that i see. it is certainly never looked down on. just another hypocrisy of Christianity.
Being fat isn't encouraged in any church that I've ever been in.
This post is incorrect. You may not believe that, but 95% of Catholics do. If you were being truthful you would have to admit that you are not speaking for the FAR majority of Catholics. You may be speaking for doctrine or what the Vatican holds as true, but the far majority of Catholics don't believe this and couldn't even come close to articulating what you did.
True enough, your crediblity just went way up in my eyes. (not that you need affirmation from me :club: )